By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New F-Zero Twitter Linked to Nintendo?

Do it Nintendo! We need a new F-zero

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Mario Kart offers a super casual F-Zero experience at 200cc. They should make a more 'hardcore' MK disguised as F0 instead of trying to make F0 more appealing.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Real talk the best F-Zero game was made by SEGA and the bulk of that team now makes Yakuza games. The only other developer I'd want to make F-Zero is Shin'en after RMX Neo.

Last edited by Leynos - on 16 July 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

They better make a new Fzero. Been 17 years now! And Nintendo only has software for one system to focus on so there is no excuse. Plus we already have Mario Kart so there's no reason not to make the other main Nintendo racing game on Switch.

mZuzek said:
Leynos said:

Real talk the best F-Zero game was made by SEGA and the bulk of that team now makes Yakuza games. The only other developer I'd want to make F-Zero is Shin'en after RMX Neo.

I got my doubts over Shin'en, Fast RMX is a pretty solid game but compared to F-Zero it feels so lifeless... everything about it feels bland and generic, the car designs, the announcer, the characters (or lack thereof), the racing mechanics, and to a lesser extent the tracks themselves too (they are the best thing about the game though). Maybe they just need a good brand like F-Zero and some more funding to go wild, but it's also a possibility that this blandness stems from a lack of creativity inside the dev team.

Either way, I don't think Nintendo would have a hard time finding a good studio to make a new F-Zero. You know, if they actually tried.

I shink Shin'en is about 5 people. Give them a budget and one thing Nintendo is good at is pulling people from other departments to assist on development.

Around the Network

For me F-Zero is an "I'll believe it when I see it".

F Zero should have appeared on the Wii and 3DS. Nintendo missed these opportunities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Leynos said:

Booooo! Hiissssss! F-Zero X over F-Zero GX every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Leynos said:

Booooo! Hiissssss! F-Zero X over F-Zero GX every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

SEGA was king of Arcade racers when they made HX. They made GX (Super Monkey Ball Team who now makes Yakuza). GX also had ROB. That alone is better than X. Not to mention visually still looks stunning. X looks like an N64 game.

Better music as well. Just not being the horrid N64 midi sound automatically makes it better.

X was fine for 64 but like many N64 games. Hard to play now where GX is as good as it ever was.