Wii ____ 5 5.95%

Ring Fit Adventure 0 0%

ARMS 1 1.19%

Labo 2 2.38%

Nintendogs 1 1.19%

Other 6 7.14%

Total:84
Leynos said:

Well about Splatoon. Splatoon is better game no doubt but there is this on 360.

That only scratches the surface of the colour mechanics compared to Splatoon though, it's kinda like comparing Pitfall to Super Mario World.

Around the Network

it's similar not the same I know. Just saying when someone says nothing like Splatoon,that's a fallacy. Splatoon is a great game. Color Wars was not.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I guess this isn't a popular choice, but I have a soft spot for Labo. It isn't much of a game in the traditional sense, but it is an incredibly creative use of the Switch hardware. It just fits perfectly, and yet the announcement was someone no one could have seen coming. Surely it was already in the planning stages when the Switch hardware was being finalized, and it feels like a nostalgic echo of Iwata's influence. It really reminds me of Nintendo at their best, innovating gameplay in ways that Sony and Microsoft never could.

The Wii franchise if it's considered to be a singular entity, Eternal Darkness needs a sequel though!

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Well, there are a few other colourful and light-hearted shooters like Overwatch, but yeah, they don't have a fraction of the creativity or genius gameplay design of Splatoon in my opinion.

Overwatch came out later anyway. I mean, sure it probably already had most of its design choices finalized by the time Splatoon came out, but still.

Good point, I forgot Overwatch wasn't until 2016. Come to think of it, I do kinda struggle to think of many colourful and light-hearted shooters prior to Splatoon.

Around the Network

Splatoon,no doubt.

Shiken said:
Jumpin said:
My vote went to Xenoblade, even though I don't consider that a new franchise, I consider it the latest spiritual successor of Xenogears.

Animal Crossing and Wii Sports/Wii Fit would be my runners up. Those two franchises had a significant impact on me since 2000.

Ring Fit Adventure and ARMs are both games I played a lot, and in fact, Ring Fit Adventure is probably going to be a game I play a lot of for a while to come.

Pikmin and Splatoon are irrelevant to me, While I had hopes for them, they didn't turn out to be my thing. Splatoon might have been more fun as a Wii game with IR aiming, and Pikmin more fun as an open world sandbox game instead of a puzzle game.

I have never played Nintendogs or Labo

A spiritual successor would still be considered a separate/new IP.

Much like reborn Jesus, that's true!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

ebw said:
I guess this isn't a popular choice, but I have a soft spot for Labo. It isn't much of a game in the traditional sense, but it is an incredibly creative use of the Switch hardware. It just fits perfectly, and yet the announcement was someone no one could have seen coming. Surely it was already in the planning stages when the Switch hardware was being finalized, and it feels like a nostalgic echo of Iwata's influence. It really reminds me of Nintendo at their best, innovating gameplay in ways that Sony and Microsoft never could.

Yeah as much as it the sort of thing I personally would buy, I actually quite liked Labo for being so creative, unique, and totally out of left field. A lot of the ways they came up with for using the IR camera, gyros, and HD rumble was really clever and cool.

Metallox said:
I feel like none of these IPs are as stellar as Mario, Zelda or Metroid. It's something I think Nintendo has been lacking these last two decades, an IP that can rival Nintendo's own biggest productions and the biggest AAA titles of each year. Something in particular they're missing is an action-adventure game different than Zelda.

yeeeeeeees. Thank you!  And star fox and kid icarus are just SITTING THERE! That's my biggest issue with nintendo since the wii is they have the resources to make so many good games, but i feel they're too busy chasing a casual market.  Like they are more focused on hardware gimmicks than innovative software design. That being said i can't wait for prime 4 & botw 2.

i'll have to give a list cuz i'm not sure if some of this would be allowed:
1. metroid prime
2 luigi's mansion
3 pikmin
4 eternal darkness

Metroid prime is a huge leap in scope from previous entries and we get two different types of metroid games to this day (eventually). But i get if this isn't allowed because A) it is TECHNICALLY an older IP and B) it does have that "metroidvania" exploration like the previous entries.

For luigi's mansion, again, TECHNICALLY luigi was created in the 80's, but i feel like the series fits the spirit of this thread.

pikmin and eternal darkness work. Voted for other.