Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google signs 5 studios to make exclusive Stadia games, including Supermassive and Harmonix

Super Massive just keep fucking up, if they had played their cards right they could have been a top tier studio but they pissed it all away, they are the equivalent of a one hit wonder musician.

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:
I didn't know Harmonix was still around.

Your comment lead me down an internet hole cause I wanted to see what they were working on.

And I saw they have a game coming out called Fuser and it looks like so much fun and a chill game to just play and vibe out to.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

John2290 said:
Super Massive just keep fucking up, if they had played their cards right they could have been a top tier studio but they pissed it all away, they are the equivalent of a one hit wonder musician.

I'm not sure what you mean. When did they have the opportunity to become a top tier studio? Until Dawn was moderately successful, but it wasn't a huge success for Sony, and my understanding is that Sony decided not to fund a AAA Until Dawn sequel or spiritual successor, just cheaper VR games. Since Sony wouldn't fund a AAA sequel or spiritual successor, they decided to sign a deal with Namco Bandai to make a series of Until Dawn spiritual successors called the Dark Pictures Anthology. The first one released last year, and while not as successful as Until Dawn, was an ok game and sold fairly well. The 2nd Dark Pictures game releases in October and looks much more interesting than the first, and there are apparently 6 more planned, some of which are already in development. This Stadia game is likely a small side project.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 14 July 2020

I'm surprised, I thought they will be closing it or selling off the department soon.

Has anyone here got one? I had a chance for $25 but let it go.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

That's 4 other games that will be killed by it's platform exclusive owner !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Rip supermassive

Yeah its sad. I enjoyed Until Dawn :( Oof.

I don't know who would sign for this unless you are on the verge of going out of business anyway..

This is a step in the right direction for Stadia.  They need exclusives.  Of course the only one that has a chance at making something actually significant is Harmonix, but even that is a wild card.  They might make a "meh" game or they might make the next big thing.

None of those are what I'd consider even mid tier, level alone high tier budget/quality producing studios. Let me know if they buy someone on WB, Insomniac, or RAREs level and that will get my attention.

shikamaru317 said:

I am confused as to how Supermassive could be making Stadia exclusives currently. I was under the impression that the Dark Pictures Anthology was an 8 game deal they signed with Namco Bandai. How can they be working on both Dark Pictures and a Stadia exclusive with just 190 devs? Hope this doesn't mean that the remaining 6 Dark Pictures games after Little Hope got cancelled. Would suck ass to not only lose them to shitty Stadia, but lose 6 of their planned 8 Dark Pictures games as well. 

SM can work on multiple games at the same time (to some degree) . They supposedly have Sony exclusives in development. At least they said so themselves. 

Regardless, I think we can all agree that Sony is in no way gonna acquire them.