By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google signs 5 studios to make exclusive Stadia games, including Supermassive and Harmonix

padib said:
Google is serious, but they still have to do more if they want to compete. In the end it looks like they are up to something, so not a platform to be scoffed at or ignored just yet.

Oh, it is and always will be. It was worth scoffing at before release for its ridiculous concept alone. It deserves to fail and I will piss on its grave when it dies. Its very existence is anti-consumer and anti ownership. Google of all companies to trust with ownership. ROFL! The consumer should have 100% control of ownership. Not determined by the unseen faceless corp on the other side of the glass. Scoff scoff scoff at Stadia all day and night.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

If this method provide jobs then its a good thing.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I don't feel any of these guys could make a super big hit for the platform.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

As French people would say, it's like hitting watter with a sword

PotentHerbs said:
I didn't know Harmonix was still around.

Your comment lead me down an internet hole cause I wanted to see what they were working on.

And I saw they have a game coming out called Fuser and it looks like so much fun and a chill game to just play and vibe out to.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

I'm surprised, I thought they will be closing it or selling off the department soon.

Has anyone here got one? I had a chance for $25 but let it go.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Rip supermassive

Yeah its sad. I enjoyed Until Dawn :( Oof.

I don't know who would sign for this unless you are on the verge of going out of business anyway..

This is a step in the right direction for Stadia.  They need exclusives.  Of course the only one that has a chance at making something actually significant is Harmonix, but even that is a wild card.  They might make a "meh" game or they might make the next big thing.

None of those are what I'd consider even mid tier, level alone high tier budget/quality producing studios. Let me know if they buy someone on WB, Insomniac, or RAREs level and that will get my attention.