By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer Says Xbox Series X Games Aren't Being Held Back By Xbox One

DonFerrari said:

You are wrong man.

Sony released games for PS1, PS2 and PS3 even after the sucessor had released. PS4 is receiving TLOU2, FF VIIR, GoT, etc months before PS5 release. But after a console release it is expected that they support the newer system. Meaning, titles that were near end of development will release on the system even if the replacement have released (perhaps with some remaster or port for the newer system) but like 2 years before the system is replaced all the new titles were already made thinking about the next gen system, and even some titles that got some issues during development on original system may become crossgen (like BOTW).

So what you're saying is that Sony is the one who decided to drop their fanbase this time around, but somehow that makes MS the bad guys.

Around the Network
REDZONE said:

Lol there are some people who will believe anything this guy says.It's not just about graphics being able to scale up and down,the ssd's in the new console will literally change the designs of games.Any game built with those ssd's in mind will not run on last gen hardware so of course it will hold it back.

Mark Cerny and every other developer literally talked about how building a game with ssd's in mind changes the layout of the games.

'...some people will believe anything this guy says.'

*proceeds to believe anything some other guy says*

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Lol July 23 can’t come soon enough. Can’t wait to finally dissect actual gameplay and not hypotheticals. At least Flight Simulator is a shining example of old consoles not holding back next gen experiences.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

chakkra said:
DonFerrari said:

You are wrong man.

Sony released games for PS1, PS2 and PS3 even after the sucessor had released. PS4 is receiving TLOU2, FF VIIR, GoT, etc months before PS5 release. But after a console release it is expected that they support the newer system. Meaning, titles that were near end of development will release on the system even if the replacement have released (perhaps with some remaster or port for the newer system) but like 2 years before the system is replaced all the new titles were already made thinking about the next gen system, and even some titles that got some issues during development on original system may become crossgen (like BOTW).

So what you're saying is that Sony is the one who decided to drop their fanbase this time around, but somehow that makes MS the bad guys.

Thats a good question. Now let me ask, where has Sony stated that all of the games coming from them after the launch of the ps5 arw gona be ps5 exclusives? As far as I'm aware, they have stated that there will be ps5 exclusives showing off what the ps5 can do. But at no point have I heard them say that they will just cut all suport for the ps4.

On the other hand MS has gone out of their way to say that there will be no xsex exclusives. It seems to me that Sony is being more consumer friendly by offering cros gen suport and next gen exclusives. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

sales2099 said:
Lol July 23 can’t come soon enough. Can’t wait to finally dissect actual gameplay and not hypotheticals. At least Flight Simulator is a shining example of old consoles not holding back next gen experiences.

I actually agree with you on this one. Flight Simulator has the perfect kind of graphics for scalability. There's no ai, effects, actual levels etc. it's basically the player flying over a giant texture with geometry that you're not supposed to see from close by. 

Last edited by goopy20 - on 13 July 2020

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

So the narrative can change again to "multiplats look better and thats 95% of games, exclusive dont matter".

I can't wait either.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
chakkra said:

Thats a good question. Now let me ask, where has Sony stated that all of the games coming from them after the launch of the ps5 arw gona be ps5 exclusives? As far as I'm aware, they have stated that there will be ps5 exclusives showing off what the ps5 can do. But at no point have I heard them say that they will just cut all suport for the ps4.

On the other hand MS has gone out of their way to say that there will be no xsex exclusives. It seems to me that Sony is being more consumer friendly by offering cros gen suport and next gen exclusives. 

There is a strong suspicion Spiderman MM is built off the base game with many original assets with a next gen facelift. Hence the short turnaround to make it. Locking a standalone expansion behind a $500 paywall to fuel next gen demand is not consumer friendly. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

So the narrative can change again to "multiplats look better and thats 95% of games, exclusive dont matter".

I can't wait either.

That’s a weird take for what will largely be a 1st party showcase. I was thinking it will go a ways to kill this FUD. That games can look next gen while still offering a downgrade port to the late adopters. That 1440p/30 FPS isn’t the holy grail...that we can do better. 

sales2099 said:

Don't get your hopes up. I'm 100% positive that Goopy will find every gameplay video underwhelming even if they show more actual gameplay than what was shown for HFW and Spiderman:MM

starcraft said:
REDZONE said:

Lol there are some people who will believe anything this guy says.It's not just about graphics being able to scale up and down,the ssd's in the new console will literally change the designs of games.Any game built with those ssd's in mind will not run on last gen hardware so of course it will hold it back.

Mark Cerny and every other developer literally talked about how building a game with ssd's in mind changes the layout of the games.

'...some people will believe anything this guy says.'

*proceeds to believe anything some other guy says*

Proceed to believe the many many developers that have been begging MS and Sony to put SSD's in the system.

Proceeds to believe your own knowledge about computers and how computers work.

Proceeds to believe basic logic.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'