By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer Says Xbox Series X Games Aren't Being Held Back By Xbox One

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Thats a good question. Now let me ask, where has Sony stated that all of the games coming from them after the launch of the ps5 arw gona be ps5 exclusives? As far as I'm aware, they have stated that there will be ps5 exclusives showing off what the ps5 can do. But at no point have I heard them say that they will just cut all suport for the ps4.

On the other hand MS has gone out of their way to say that there will be no xsex exclusives. It seems to me that Sony is being more consumer friendly by offering cros gen suport and next gen exclusives. 

There is a strong suspicion Spiderman MM is built off the base game with many original assets with a next gen facelift. Hence the short turnaround to make it. Locking a standalone expansion behind a $500 paywall to fuel next gen demand is not consumer friendly. 

Strong suspicion? I imagine the research you put on it.

And also the trailer say only on Playstation but don't say only on PS5 so perhaps it will be crossgen, not sure if we have 100% confirmation it will be only on PS5.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
chakkra said:
eva01beserk said:

What exactly are you implying? You cant possible be hinting at a next gen version looking better as being an anti consumer practice? 

I...  I literally don't know what to answer here.

I give up.

If that wasent a dig then I misinterpreted your reply.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

JRPGfan said:
eva01beserk said:

And I have yet to hear when Sony claimed Spiderman MM will be a ps5 exclusive.

Eva01beserk he actually said the direct oppersite.

Basically if instead of giveing better looking experiance than current gen can handle, they instead use all the power of the new system to instead just run at higher FPS, he ll be disappointed. He expects better looking graphics with a new gen, not just higher resolutions or fps.

Thats why he replied to you :
"I... I literally don't know what to answer here. I give up."

If you cant read his message and understand him, he's not gonna attempt to explain it to you.

Basically if he says "blue", and you answear him "why talk about yellow", its hard to carry a discussion.

Then I missunderstood what he said.

And if Spiderman is just a resolution and/or framerates  bump, then that would definetly be just a port and not next gen at all. But I don't see the issue being upset here as Sony is not the one claiming that thouse bumps are next gen. If Spiderman is just a bump and crosgen but ratchet is exclusive and can do more than just higher frames ams resolution then it goes in line with everything thats being said about current gen holding back next gen.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

sales2099 said:
goopy20 said:

The truth is I don't even need to see the gameplay. If everything they show will be 4k/60- or even 120fps, I'll know enough and that's pretty much what Phil's been promising. Doesn't mean we won't see cool games. It just means they are not interested in using those 12Tflops to push new experiences that are conceived to be impossible on current gen. It also means I don't need to upgrade my pc to play Halo Infinite for $1 on GP, so at least there's that.

Neither is Sony, at launch anyway. Flight Sim is a direct contrast to your stance. Xbox can use its spec advantage to do both in a way where PS has to make sacrifices. 

And the irony that despite your complaints and concerns you will still join the Xbox ecosystem on Pc. I really hope it’s not lost on you that you are admitting to give your time to Xbox one way or another despite your stance. That’s MSs literal plan in motion, to attract gamers that traditionally wouldn’t buy their console. 

You are really expecting to much of the 15-20% power difference.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

eva01beserk said:
JRPGfan said:

Eva01beserk he actually said the direct oppersite.

Basically if instead of giveing better looking experiance than current gen can handle, they instead use all the power of the new system to instead just run at higher FPS, he ll be disappointed. He expects better looking graphics with a new gen, not just higher resolutions or fps.

Thats why he replied to you :
"I... I literally don't know what to answer here. I give up."

If you cant read his message and understand him, he's not gonna attempt to explain it to you.

Basically if he says "blue", and you answear him "why talk about yellow", its hard to carry a discussion.

Then I missunderstood what he said.

And if Spiderman is just a resolution and/or framerates  bump, then that would definetly be just a port and not next gen at all. But I don't see the issue being upset here as Sony is not the one claiming that thouse bumps are next gen. If Spiderman is just a bump and crosgen but ratchet is exclusive and can do more than just higher frames ams resolution then it goes in line with everything thats being said about current gen holding back next gen.

Do we know if Spiderman 2 (a stand alone game) is a crossgen title?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A5HWth0TDw

side by side trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNugSOkOufw

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
goopy20 said:

The truth is I don't even need to see the gameplay. If everything they show will be 4k/60- or even 120fps, I'll know enough and that's pretty much what Phil's been promising. Doesn't mean we won't see cool games. It just means they are not interested in using those 12Tflops to push new experiences that are conceived to be impossible on current gen. It also means I don't need to upgrade my pc to play Halo Infinite for $1 on GP, so at least there's that.

Neither is Sony, at launch anyway. Flight Sim is a direct contrast to your stance. Xbox can use its spec advantage to do both in a way where PS has to make sacrifices. 

And the irony that despite your complaints and concerns you will still join the Xbox ecosystem on Pc. I really hope it’s not lost on you that you are admitting to give your time to Xbox one way or another despite your stance. That’s MSs literal plan in motion, to attract gamers that traditionally wouldn’t buy their console. 

Well if that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside then fine, but why wouldn't I play their exclusives practically for free? I'm sure MS's cross platform approach will be a financial success, at least compared to the Xone. But who cares about that? I just want to buy MS's and/or Sony's next gen console and play games on it that wouldn't be possible on the one I already own.

If all I wanted from next gen gaming is current gen games in 4k and 120fps, I would have bought a RTX gpu a long time ago. I just think, or at least hope, Phil is talking out of his ass when he says these next gen consoles can't do much more than that.

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

There is a strong suspicion Spiderman MM is built off the base game with many original assets with a next gen facelift. Hence the short turnaround to make it. Locking a standalone expansion behind a $500 paywall to fuel next gen demand is not consumer friendly. 

And also the trailer say only on Playstation but don't say only on PS5 so perhaps it will be crossgen, not sure if we have 100% confirmation it will be only on PS5.

That’s fair. But then the implication is that if it’s cross gen it makes arguments of those like say Goopy more then hypocritical. Even if it’s just one game. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

That’s fair. But then the implication is that if it’s cross gen it makes arguments of those like say Goopy more then hypocritical. Even if it’s just one game. 

When we compare Spider-Man MM to H2FW we can see the distance a crossgen to exclusive can likely put.

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

When we compare Spider-Man MM to H2FW we can see the distance a crossgen to exclusive can likely put.

Sure, doesn’t mean Xbox won’t show games that fall outside the cross gen window as well. Not saying it’s you but certain people forget every gen that year 1 games don’t produce the same results as mid gen games. It’s not really accurate to compare a launch game to a year 2 title 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Sure, doesn’t mean Xbox won’t show games that fall outside the cross gen window as well. Not saying it’s you but certain people forget every gen that year 1 games don’t produce the same results as mid gen games. It’s not really accurate to compare a launch game to a year 2 title 

We are few days away from seeing what MS will show and if they will put stuff that will take over 2 years to launch, they have been avoiding this lately but well new gen announcement it is expected to see titles that will take few years to release.

We know no matter what MS show there will still be conversation with defenses and attacks, but again I was good with their May presentation and impressed that some titles looked so good for 1 man or small studio. And sure Halo should be fine (still possibly could be better if designed solely for XSX, but as you said it being launch title it wouldn't look anyway similar to what Halo they make by the end of gen 9).