By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Phil Spencer Says Xbox Series X Games Aren't Being Held Back By Xbox One

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Thats a good question. Now let me ask, where has Sony stated that all of the games coming from them after the launch of the ps5 arw gona be ps5 exclusives? As far as I'm aware, they have stated that there will be ps5 exclusives showing off what the ps5 can do. But at no point have I heard them say that they will just cut all suport for the ps4.

On the other hand MS has gone out of their way to say that there will be no xsex exclusives. It seems to me that Sony is being more consumer friendly by offering cros gen suport and next gen exclusives. 

There is a strong suspicion Spiderman MM is built off the base game with many original assets with a next gen facelift. Hence the short turnaround to make it. Locking a standalone expansion behind a $500 paywall to fuel next gen demand is not consumer friendly. 

And I have yet to hear when Sony claimed Spiderman MM will be a ps5 exclusive.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

So the narrative can change again to "multiplats look better and thats 95% of games, exclusive dont matter".

I can't wait either.

That’s a weird take for what will largely be a 1st party showcase. I was thinking it will go a ways to kill this FUD. That games can look next gen while still offering a downgrade port to the late adopters. That 1440p/30 FPS isn’t the holy grail...that we can do better. 

Just remember that ms is gona offer demos of all the games. Halo infinite will be directly compaired to halo 5. So we are gona have the x1 version of all theese games. Not sure if the demos will be available on pc, if so, then expect to see what has been available on pc for decades. A slider that leaves the base game intact and just a sharper inmage. Expect MS to make some pr spin on how there will be fetures only on the xsex and unroll its out you cant experience, then on realease you will probably see the same slider effect as the game is bound the the base hardware. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
chakkra said:

So what you're saying is that Sony is the one who decided to drop their fanbase this time around, but somehow that makes MS the bad guys.

Thats a good question. Now let me ask, where has Sony stated that all of the games coming from them after the launch of the ps5 arw gona be ps5 exclusives? As far as I'm aware, they have stated that there will be ps5 exclusives showing off what the ps5 can do. But at no point have I heard them say that they will just cut all suport for the ps4.

On the other hand MS has gone out of their way to say that there will be no xsex exclusives. It seems to me that Sony is being more consumer friendly by offering cros gen suport and next gen exclusives. 

Well, if Sony really plans to release some cross-platform titles then that Spiderman spinoff that is using the exact same engine as the previous one would have been a good choice. But you are right, it is very consumer-friendly of them to allow those early PS5 adopters to enjoy those nice added details exclusively.

chakkra said:
sales2099 said:
Lol July 23 can’t come soon enough. Can’t wait to finally dissect actual gameplay and not hypotheticals. At least Flight Simulator is a shining example of old consoles not holding back next gen experiences.

Don't get your hopes up. I'm 100% positive that Goopy will find every gameplay video underwhelming even if they show more actual gameplay than what was shown for HFW and Spiderman:MM

The truth is I don't even need to see the gameplay. If everything they show will be 4k/60- or even 120fps, I'll know enough and that's pretty much what Phil's been promising. Doesn't mean we won't see cool games. It just means they are not interested in using those 12Tflops to push new experiences that are conceived to be impossible on current gen. It also means I don't need to upgrade my pc to play Halo Infinite for $1 on GP, so at least there's that.

chakkra said:
eva01beserk said:

Well, if Sony really plans to release some cross-platform titles then that Spiderman spinoff that is using the exact same engine as the previous one would have been a good choice. But you are right, it is very consumer-friendly of them to allow those early PS5 adopters to enjoy those nice added details exclusively.

What exactly are you implying? You cant possible be hinting at a next gen version looking better as being an anti consumer practice? 

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
chakkra said:

What exactly are you implying? You cant possible be hinting at a next gen version looking better as being an anti consumer practice? 

I...  I literally don't know what to answer here.

I give up.

sales2099 said:
Lol July 23 can’t come soon enough. Can’t wait to finally dissect actual gameplay and not hypotheticals. At least Flight Simulator is a shining example of old consoles not holding back next gen experiences.

You’re giving too much credit. Just look at goopsters response to this regarding Flight Simulator. “Oh it’s the perfect game to scale, no AI blah blah”. He hasn’t done research on the game to understand how much more advanced the PC version (and I’d assume XSX) is over the base Xbone version. 

And look at his Infinite comment earlier. He’s spent months talking about immersion and better graphics but now even if Infinite looks great, it still doesn’t count as a real next gen game. And he just said if it’s 4k and 60 or 120 frames then he’ll know he was right and MS isn’t interested in pushing the XSX... because as we all know, 4k and 120fps don’t push hardware at all. He’s also back on his “new experiences” train, despite gushing over PS5 cinematic trailers that show no new experiences. 

Basically don’t get your hopes up for the FUD to stop. 

chakkra said:
DonFerrari said:

You are wrong man.

Sony released games for PS1, PS2 and PS3 even after the sucessor had released. PS4 is receiving TLOU2, FF VIIR, GoT, etc months before PS5 release. But after a console release it is expected that they support the newer system. Meaning, titles that were near end of development will release on the system even if the replacement have released (perhaps with some remaster or port for the newer system) but like 2 years before the system is replaced all the new titles were already made thinking about the next gen system, and even some titles that got some issues during development on original system may become crossgen (like BOTW).

So what you're saying is that Sony is the one who decided to drop their fanbase this time around, but somehow that makes MS the bad guys.

Nope I'm explaining to him that this isn't anything new, there have been crossgen games from first party before and also there were titles released for the older system exclusively. All that before MS, which even though have barely supported the system so far with titles you probably don't mind.

I already have like 400 titles for PS4, probably 20 or more from Sony itself, so I don't really need any new title (and still am getting GoT) for PS4, But I really do need titles to justify buying PS5 since I have 0 games for it.

Any late adopter can still buy from over 4000 titles released and most of those are a lot cheaper than buying the latest game, and considering they are very cheapskates trying to pick the system for under 200 they probably aren't really looking to buy 10+ titles at 60 USD.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

There is a strong suspicion Spiderman MM is built off the base game with many original assets with a next gen facelift. Hence the short turnaround to make it. Locking a standalone expansion behind a $500 paywall to fuel next gen demand is not consumer friendly. 

And I have yet to hear when Sony claimed Spiderman MM will be a ps5 exclusive.

Eva01beserk he actually said the direct oppersite.

Basically if instead of giveing better looking experiance than current gen can handle, they instead use all the power of the new system to instead just run at higher FPS, he ll be disappointed. He expects better looking graphics with a new gen, not just higher resolutions or fps.

Thats why he replied to you :
"I... I literally don't know what to answer here. I give up."

If you cant read his message and understand him, he's not gonna attempt to explain it to you.

Basically if he says "blue", and you answear him "why talk about yellow", its hard to carry a discussion.

goopy20 said:
chakkra said:

Don't get your hopes up. I'm 100% positive that Goopy will find every gameplay video underwhelming even if they show more actual gameplay than what was shown for HFW and Spiderman:MM

The truth is I don't even need to see the gameplay. If everything they show will be 4k/60- or even 120fps, I'll know enough and that's pretty much what Phil's been promising. Doesn't mean we won't see cool games. It just means they are not interested in using those 12Tflops to push new experiences that are conceived to be impossible on current gen. It also means I don't need to upgrade my pc to play Halo Infinite for $1 on GP, so at least there's that.

Neither is Sony, at launch anyway. Flight Sim is a direct contrast to your stance. Xbox can use its spec advantage to do both in a way where PS has to make sacrifices. 

And the irony that despite your complaints and concerns you will still join the Xbox ecosystem on Pc. I really hope it’s not lost on you that you are admitting to give your time to Xbox one way or another despite your stance. That’s MSs literal plan in motion, to attract gamers that traditionally wouldn’t buy their console. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.