By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - First look: Box art for upcoming PS5 games (Spider-Man/ Godfall)

Tagged games:

I too would prefer black case/banner with white logo/text:

Around the Network

Should have used more black imo. Since blue was out of the question with ps4 boxes

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Where is "Only On PlayStation"?

The white does not blend with the blue box. PS3 to PS4 was a big change. But this still looks close to PS4.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

jakemania said:

Oof! This one looks amazing! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Kind of looks like the colors are negative, it’s weird, my brain wants to see the banner in black and text in white. The blue box doesn’t fit. I agree it should’ve been black. Makes it seem like they just had too many leftover PS4 boxes.

Remember those days when box art always showed what a game was like:

Last edited by LivingMetal - on 09 July 2020

It's weird how many comments don't like the blue casing - last I checked, that was the standard Blu-ray casing color scheme, and PS5 games are still on Blu-ray discs... Isn't Sony just following the Blu-ray standard here with PS4/PS5 game cases?

A black case would look better. UHD releases use black cases, so I don't see why PS5 games don't.
PS1 used jewel cases, PS2 used DVD cases, PS3 used clear Blu-ray cases, PS4 used Blu-ray cases, and then PS5 is just a repeat of PS4? I don't care too much about this stuff, but I guess Sony doesn't either.
Now we'll have to see what Microsoft does with Xbox Series X. They'll probably just use the green Blu-ray cases again.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

jakemania said:

Ding ding ding! That's gorgeous. I don't dislike the choice that they went with, but isn't that good imo. Off the top of my head, it's my least favourite case design from PS.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."