Forums - Sony Discussion - First look: Box art for upcoming PS5 games (Spider-Man/ Godfall)

Tagged games:

Just remembered too after looking at my collection, PS2 games had blue cases too, lol.

Around the Network
NextGen_Gamer said:
It's weird how many comments don't like the blue casing - last I checked, that was the standard Blu-ray casing color scheme, and PS5 games are still on Blu-ray discs... Isn't Sony just following the Blu-ray standard here with PS4/PS5 game cases?

I think they mean that the blue casing doesn't make a good match with the white and black banner. I precisely don't like it for that reason, but at the end of the day it's just the box cases what we're talking about, all right. 

Now PS5 is the white side of the force xP

shikamaru317 said:
Anonymous1796 said:
Where is "Only On PlayStation"?

Spider-Man is going multiplat, didn't you hear? 

Just kidding. Not sure why it isn't present on the boxart. 

Perhaps they've just dropped the label for PS5, because they intend to release more of their exclusives on PC (like they're about to do with Horizon: Zero Dawn), and don't want to be accused of false advertising. Obviously too late with Horizon: Zero Dawn, but not for future games.

It's pretty good, although the more I see, the more it feels like Sony is trying too much with the design of the console and everything around it.

Around the Network

I think I agree with the majority here that a white or black case would look better.

Or reversing the white and black.

But I'm definitely whatever about it. I haven't seen my game cases for like ... maybe 2 years. I just pack them away so it means nothing to me that this is the colour scheme.

I think Spider-Man, and especially my boy Miles, deserves a better cover art.

Leynos said:

It's too similar to PS4. Similar Wii U boxes in the US looked too much like Wii boxes.

Some fans concepts. Th the blue concept one reminds me of PAL Dreamcast boxes.

Marketingwise the blue bar on the side with the logo not horizontally makes no sense,the PS5 logo needs to be as consumerfriendly as possible so also as readersfriendly/recognizeable as possible.

Immersiveunreality said:
Leynos said:

It's too similar to PS4. Similar Wii U boxes in the US looked too much like Wii boxes.

Some fans concepts. Th the blue concept one reminds me of PAL Dreamcast boxes.

Marketingwise the blue bar on the side with the logo not horizontally makes no sense,the PS5 logo needs to be as consumerfriendly as possible so also as readersfriendly/recognizeable as possible.

Been used before. Saturn. PS1. Dreamcast. Game Boy. Game Boy Advance. Nintendo DS. 3DS. PS3.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

NextGen_Gamer said:
It's weird how many comments don't like the blue casing - last I checked, that was the standard Blu-ray casing color scheme, and PS5 games are still on Blu-ray discs... Isn't Sony just following the Blu-ray standard here with PS4/PS5 game cases?

The problem is the white rectangle with black font does not mix with the blue. Something like the Xbox 360 uses the white rectangle with green very well. 

Pocky Lover Boy!