By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Rumor] Nintendo Direct coming July 20th

Which team are you

Team Mini direct 4 7.02%

Team General direct 30 52.63%

Specific direct (Mario, pikmin, etc) 4 7.02%

It ain't happening 19 33.33%

Total:57

I'm already used to them not showing anything. It's been almost ten months since the last proper long Direct, I think? Unfortunate as it may seem, you have to accept it. One also must realise that they do must have stuff for the rest of the year, they'll just show it out of nowhere like they did with Origami King.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
freebs2 said:
Pavolink said:

Good. Good.

Now to wait for the dissapointment if Zelda is not showed.

Hopefully we could be relieved with the disappointment of Metroid and Bayonetta also not being showed. 

Hahahahaha... ah

:(

Only BOTW2 may be shown this year at the end of the year.

My guess is:

Metroid V (2D) - Q2 2021

Bayonetta 3 - Q3 2021

Zelda BOTW2 - Holiday 2021

Metroid Prime Trilogy - H1 2022

Metroid Prime 4 - H2 2022

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
freebs2 said:

Hopefully we could be relieved with the disappointment of Metroid and Bayonetta also not being showed. 

Hahahahaha... ah

My guess is:

Metroid V (2D) - Q2 2021

Bayonetta 3 - Q3 2021

Too much Metroid, I wouldn't count on that. Well, Prime Trilogy has been rumored a lot, though. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
I'm already used to them not showing anything. It's been almost ten months since the last proper long Direct, I think? Unfortunate as it may seem, you have to accept it. One also must realise that they do must have stuff for the rest of the year, they'll just show it out of nowhere like they did with Origami King.

It makes sense that they'd want a quick turnaround with titles like Pokemon Snap or Paper Mario, but I feel like they'd want at least 3-4 months to hype bigger titles.

Metallox said:
Pavolink said:

Hahahahaha... ah

My guess is:

Metroid V (2D) - Q2 2021

Bayonetta 3 - Q3 2021

Too much Metroid, I wouldn't count on that. Well, Prime Trilogy has been rumored a lot, though. 

AFAIK, Metroid V (or a Super remake) was also rumored to be a 2020 title, but it seems to be now 2021.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
freebs2 said:

Hahahahaha... ah

My guess is:

Metroid V (2D) - Q2 2021

Bayonetta 3 - Q3 2021

I feel like the Prime trilogy should come out atleast a year before Prime 4. I can see it release like has a January 2021 title and Prime 4 September 2022 or 2023.

Metroid deserves so much more.

Pump the breaks, guys.

How many times have we heard about it before?
"X user is ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that there will be a Direct on this date!"

Then, that date comes, and nothing happens?
Plus, wasn't it not too long ago when Nintendo was telling 3rd party & indie devs to make and release their own trailers for their upcoming Switch games?
Furthermore, it was just last week that Takahashi said they were looking for "more effective ways of presenting games to see what the best method is?" Meaning that they were trying to get away from the Direct format for the time being? Wouldn't make much sense to say that, then suddenly come out 3 weeks later with; "Here's a Direct, guys!"

I know we're all desperate to hear and see something new from Nintendo down the pipeline. All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up. We've all been down this road before.

PAOerfulone said:
Pump the breaks, guys.

How many times have we heard about it before?
"X user is ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that there will be a Direct on this date!"
Then, that date comes, and nothing happens?
Plus, wasn't it not too long ago when Nintendo was telling 3rd party & indie devs to make and release their own trailers for their upcoming Switch games?
Furthermore, it was just last week that Takahashi said they were looking for "more effective ways of presenting games to see what the best method is?" Meaning that they were trying to get away from the Direct format for the time being? Wouldn't make much sense to say that, then suddenly come out 3 weeks later with; "Here's a Direct, guys!"

I know we're all desperate to hear and see something new from Nintendo down the pipeline. All I'm saying is don't get your hopes up. We've all been down this road before.

Yes, fake insiders come and go but these have been right in ways it's not about luck + Nate is just the best Nintendo insider from Resetera and basically works with Nintendo, knows about their first party stuff. 

The 3rd party thing again, this might be a more first party Direct focus since they haven't announced any the whole year beside Paper Mario. That statement happened like before the usual E3 time. Means they were probably saying to not hold on to their announcements cause Nintendo were unsure of when they would make a presentation again. It was uncertain time and they just let them know.. doesn't mean they won't do one like several weeks after.. it will be like 2 months after that at that point.

You got that Takahashi thing wrong, they said the Directs might not be a thing that last forever so they are looking in ways to announce stuff. Nintendo are literally the most affective format right now and i'm telling you, and from analysts opinion's as well, they aren't getting rid of this anytime soon. No wonder everyone has a Direct format now. I don't see them announcing their whole lineup for the rest of the year on Twitter. 

Really hope this ends up being true and it's a general direct  like many others, I'd love some Breath of the Wild 2 or Metroid Prime 4 footage, it'd be a dream, literally a dream.

Well, soon we reach a point, where Nintendo MUST come clean with their holiday's line-up. The last time I remember we had such an unclear situation, was 2013 when Nintendo announced Super Mario 3D World as big holiday title, and that was June 11 (2013). So it's about time!