Forums - Sales Discussion - The Last of Us Part II sold through more than 4m copies during its first weekend. Lifetime sales expectations for the PS4 version alone?

The Last of Us Part II sold through more than 4m copies during its first weekend. Lifetime sales expectations for the PS4 version alone?

Less than 7 million 120 10.22%

7.0 - 7.9 million 47 4.00%

8.0 - 8.9 million 70 5.96%

9.0 - 9.9 million 77 6.56%

10.0 - 11.9 million 259 22.06%

12.0 - 13.9 million 169 14.40%

14.0 - 15.9 million 177 15.08%

16.0 - 17.9 million 91 7.75%

18.0 - 20.0 million 61 5.20%

More than 20 million 103 8.77%

Total:1,174

At least 15+ Million.

Over 4 Million in 3 days, the first week is closer to 5 Million, & the first month will probably be around 7 Million.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
I voted 9 - 10m. I'm not sure if we'll ever officially get the total amount though.

Hasn't PS been fairly transparent with sales figures? I suppose they didn't have much to say about the Vita, so there is some precident for not getting official numbers. I don't see this being another of those times however. I'm skeptical of the legs TLOU 2 will have, but highly doubt it amount to a sales embarrassment, which is what it would need to be for sales updates to cease.

Never know though. I might owe you a Coke on this one.

Well Sony revealing it sold 4M in 3 days is clear indicative they won't reveal numbers anymore.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Considering the last one sold 17 million, why are there options for less than 7 million and the max option is more than 20 million...? just lol

DonFerrari said:
COKTOE said:

Hasn't PS been fairly transparent with sales figures? I suppose they didn't have much to say about the Vita, so there is some precident for not getting official numbers. I don't see this being another of those times however. I'm skeptical of the legs TLOU 2 will have, but highly doubt it amount to a sales embarrassment, which is what it would need to be for sales updates to cease.

Never know though. I might owe you a Coke on this one.

Well Sony revealing it sold 4M in 3 days is clear indicative they won't reveal numbers anymore.

Sarcasm noted.

Chinese food for breakfast

So now are sales numbers not updated until the companies do so on this site? that's a shame but more accurate in the long run I guess. In any case using god of war data I would think this game should easily sell 10m on ps4 alone

Around the Network

Somewhere between 12-14mil. I still haven't made up my mind on whether the controversy will hurt or help sales in the long run. For me personally, it made me want to buy the game just to see what the fuss was about.

As for which I liked more. From a gameplay standpoint TLOU2 by far. Like, it's not even close.

From a story standpoint? TLOU1...and it's not even remotely close. I liked the story in part 2, but the first game was something special. It's rare to get characters that well written n any medium, let alone gaming. And the dialogue was absolutely on point!

I predict all the the suspects saying it will struggle to reach 10m won't be showing up here again once we get an update that this game has blown past that in the near future.

I voted less than 7m in hopes of getting whatever 33 people were smoking.

i hoped it would be sold around 10m-11mm. 

And i still think Tlou and Tloup2 is a different game. if i should pick one, i pick the first one. i can replay tlou1 anytime i want, part 2 just had way too much rollercoaster in a good way. But still i cant played anytime i want.

unless it gets a PS5 release I doubt it will sell more then 10 million

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints