By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Last of Us Part II sold through more than 4m copies during its first weekend. Lifetime sales expectations for the PS4 version alone?

The Last of Us Part II sold through more than 4m copies during its first weekend. Lifetime sales expectations for the PS4 version alone?

Less than 7 million 120 10.17%

7.0 - 7.9 million 47 3.98%

8.0 - 8.9 million 70 5.93%

9.0 - 9.9 million 77 6.53%

10.0 - 11.9 million 260 22.03%

12.0 - 13.9 million 170 14.41%

14.0 - 15.9 million 179 15.17%

16.0 - 17.9 million 91 7.71%

18.0 - 20.0 million 62 5.25%

More than 20 million 104 8.81%

Total:1,180

This will sell massive numbers. It's already 4 million first week.

You then have to factor in: multiplayer being released, the PS5 version, price-cuts and the potential for a boost from the HBO series.

It will sell 20 million easily. (I'm thinking maybe in the 10-12 million range on PS4.)

Around the Network

I voted 12.0-13.9 million on PS4, I think it'll settle between 11.5-12.5m. I think it will be mostly front-loaded, negative word of mouth will stop legs from being as good as other Naughty Dog games. I doubt Sony will remaster the game for PS5 since the PS4 version will be playable on the new console anyway most likely with resolution & framerate improvements.

The first game is far superior.

I don’t see it reaching 10 m, At least on ps4, the word of mouth is awful And people have been trashing the game relentlessly online, there are also many reports of massive Amounts of used copies in uk and Japan, the CEOs must regret deeply all the creative freedom they gave Druckmann .

Have played for about 10-15 hours, this game is very similiar to red dead redemption 2. It's just slow and boring, except for that thingie at the start almost nothing has happened except killing humans/zombies the entire time.

Word to mouth will happened and sales will be worse than expected, I voted 9-9.9 million.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I voted 9 - 10m. I'm not sure if we'll ever officially get the total amount though.

Hasn't PS been fairly transparent with sales figures? I suppose they didn't have much to say about the Vita, so there is some precident for not getting official numbers. I don't see this being another of those times however. I'm skeptical of the legs TLOU 2 will have, but highly doubt it will amount to a sales embarrassment, which is what it would need to be for sales updates to cease.

Never know though. I might owe you a Coke on this one.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 06 July 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

At least 15+ Million.

Over 4 Million in 3 days, the first week is closer to 5 Million, & the first month will probably be around 7 Million.

COKTOE said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
I voted 9 - 10m. I'm not sure if we'll ever officially get the total amount though.

Hasn't PS been fairly transparent with sales figures? I suppose they didn't have much to say about the Vita, so there is some precident for not getting official numbers. I don't see this being another of those times however. I'm skeptical of the legs TLOU 2 will have, but highly doubt it amount to a sales embarrassment, which is what it would need to be for sales updates to cease.

Well Sony revealing it sold 4M in 3 days is clear indicative they won't reveal numbers anymore.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Considering the last one sold 17 million, why are there options for less than 7 million and the max option is more than 20 million...? just lol

DonFerrari said:
COKTOE said:

Hasn't PS been fairly transparent with sales figures? I suppose they didn't have much to say about the Vita, so there is some precident for not getting official numbers. I don't see this being another of those times however. I'm skeptical of the legs TLOU 2 will have, but highly doubt it amount to a sales embarrassment, which is what it would need to be for sales updates to cease.

Well Sony revealing it sold 4M in 3 days is clear indicative they won't reveal numbers anymore.

Sarcasm noted.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

So now are sales numbers not updated until the companies do so on this site? that's a shame but more accurate in the long run I guess. In any case using god of war data I would think this game should easily sell 10m on ps4 alone