By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EVO 2020 officially cancelled in the wake of the storm of sexual controversy, new CEO installed

EnricoPallazzo said:
TruckOSaurus said:

That's what enables a lot of sexual predators. Proof is very hard to come by in cases of sexual harassment or even in cases of rape if the victim doesn't go to the police right away. So it boils down to a situation of "your word against mine" most of time.

Doesnt matter, if you have no proof, no evidence, no witnesses, you should be prepared to be sued back because we have a lot of cases where people have made accusations only to destroy the person life. Also a sexual offense once becomes public already destroyed your life even if it is 100% a lie. Its terrible that people use it as a way to silence others, but it should be reason to destroy someone without proof. So in my opinion, if you are innocent, sue back agressively. 

Good thing then that eye-witnesses and video tapes are so common in these cases...

Seriously, this is some of the dumbest shit I've read in a while, as you're basically telling victims of rape to shut the fuck up.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Doesnt matter, if you have no proof, no evidence, no witnesses, you should be prepared to be sued back because we have a lot of cases where people have made accusations only to destroy the person life. Also a sexual offense once becomes public already destroyed your life even if it is 100% a lie. Its terrible that people use it as a way to silence others, but it should be reason to destroy someone without proof. So in my opinion, if you are innocent, sue back agressively. 

Sure if the person is innocent, by all means, sue to your heart's content! But to advise all sexual abuse victims to never come forward if they don't have proof is pretty awful if you ask me.

They need to come forward, but they need to understand if they do not have proof they may be sued back for defamation because as I said, the person that was accused probably already had their life destroyed. If we pass a law that says the you CANT sue back, then it means you can make all accusations you want, be it true or fake, with no consequences for you. It is a very complicated matter and I believe we have no solution so far.

forest-spirit said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Good thing then that eye-witnesses and video tapes are so common in these cases...

Seriously, this is some of the dumbest shit I've read in a while, as you're basically telling victims of rape to shut the fuck up.

In this case there is some video apparently. That aside one guys screen capped the DMs he got from him. This is from like 7 years ago. The original guys claims are from the late 90s.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sra877

Darc Requiem said:
KLAMarine said:
Allegations.

Mr. Wizard apologized on Twitter. So that means the allegations have some validity. Otherwise, he would have did what Angry Joe did and gotten a lawyer.

This guy still has the freaking EVO logo as his profile pic. Talk about tone deaf.

DeusXmachina said:
KLAMarine said:

So what has he confessed to?

he was accused of offering tokens for arcades to young boys if they performed certain things he asked. Like, he was daring those kids to jump in the pool with only their underwear and asked a kid to show him their erection.

Done a lot more than that tbh he was even using his position to continue such activities with some evidence surfacing that as recent as even 5 years ago it may have even still been happening.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

The dumbest shit I read in a while is we should let people accuse other with no proof, evidence, witnesses, nothing.

if I have a crazy ex girlfriend that all of a sudden wants to fuck me and say I raped her go to the police and I go to jail or have my life destroyed because she just wanted some kind of revenge, without proof, witnesses, video, nothing.

It's all fun and games until we have cases like in Brazil where one guy was jailed as a rapist, he then was raped to death in prision, got aids and after a few years his ex wife admitted to the police she was lying and he was released. Beautiful.

It's all fun and games until it happens to you or someone you know.

Ka-pi96 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

I mean, doesn't that then just destroy the life of the victim (doubly so) if they can't prove anything?

In an ideal world the accusations alone wouldn't actually ruin anybody. They wouldn't lose their job or anything until it had actually been proven. But there would still be a question mark over them, which if they never did anything wrong shouldn't be too much of an issue, but if they did should make it much harder for them to do anything again and much more likely to get caught too.

If that's how it worked then false accusations wouldn't really matter, but legit accusations whether backed up by proof or not, would still be worthwhile.

100% agree with you. But as I said, this is a very complicated matter that we don't have a solution yet. One thing we could do is to not cancel the person that was accused until it has been solved by justice, but this will never happen unfortunately.

Another option would be to not allow the accuser to be sued back, but let the accused sue the state instead and be compensated for it since his life is now over. A kind of "me too" law or whatever, which would protect the accuser but also provide some relief for the accused.

Again, dont know, this is very very complicated.

Mike Watson publicized these issues with Mr. Wizard in 2018. No one paid him any mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHEepYNOAxM

shikamaru317 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Yeah, I seem to recall reading a study that said that something like 70% of all sexual abuse and harassment allegations that have been properly investigated since the Me Too era began turned out to be false. Somebody doesn't like their boss, they can simply say "he made unwarranted sexual advances and made me feel uncomfortable", and then the boss is gone. Don't like something a celebrity said? Accuse them of sexual assault and suddenly they are cancelled, kicked off of whatever tv shows or movies they were doing, without any proof or chance to defend themselves.

The Me Too movement has made things worse for people who faced actual sexual assault and harassment, as there are so many people crying wolf that it becomes harder and harder for people to believe those who are legit. 

Really? False in the sense that it was a lie, or false in the sense that they could not find proof?

If it was lies, man this is really really sad for the real victims of abuse, that probably when go to court will have their story discredited based on past experiences.

shikamaru317 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Yeah, I seem to recall reading a study that said that something like 70% of all sexual abuse and harassment allegations that have been properly investigated since the Me Too era began turned out to be false. Somebody doesn't like their boss, they can simply say "he made unwarranted sexual advances and made me feel uncomfortable", and then the boss is gone. Don't like something a celebrity said? Accuse them of sexual assault and suddenly they are cancelled, kicked off of whatever tv shows or movies they were doing, without any proof or chance to defend themselves.

The Me Too movement has made things worse for people who faced actual sexual assault and harassment, as there are so many people crying wolf that it becomes harder and harder for people to believe those who are legit. 

Uhm. False as in provably false, or false as in not enough to convict in a court of law.

Those are 2 very different things.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'