By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EVO 2020 officially cancelled in the wake of the storm of sexual controversy, new CEO installed

Hiku said:
KLAMarine said:

"Is that how you'd respond if your daughter told you she was sexually assaulted?"

>Yes. I'd then take her to a nurse to have her examined and see what could be recovered. Then I'd let professional investigators start digging up any and all information they can find while I provide my daughter with the best help and counseling money can buy. Finally, I'd get in touch with lawyers to see where we can go.

Rather than asking someone that was just raped what she wants, you'd force her to go through more trauma with strangers digging through her genitals, making her share details with the strangers, asking her 'what were you wearing', 'did you lead him on', etc?

I have no words.

KLAMarine said:
I don't have to do anything. I'm not an investigator or some prosecuting attorney, I'm a poster on a video game forum who has a very fleeting interest in any of this. I'm going to let lawyers do the footwork, they're the ones getting paid for it.

And don't worry, I've made no ignorant comments.

You do when your low effort post is closer to spam than being productive regarding a serious subject.

"Rather than asking someone that was just raped what she wants, you'd force her to go through more trauma with strangers digging through her genitals, making her share details with the strangers, asking her 'what were you wearing', 'did you lead him on', etc?

I have no words."

>If she doesn't want to be bothered, I'll gladly provide her as much space as she'd like. Unfortunate however since we need to gather information.

"You do when your low effort post is closer to spam than being productive regarding a serious subject."

>Upholding "innocent until proven guilty" is plenty productive.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
KLAMarine said:

"Rather than asking someone that was just raped what she wants, you'd force her to go through more trauma with strangers digging through her genitals, making her share details with the strangers, asking her 'what were you wearing', 'did you lead him on', etc?

I have no words."

>If she doesn't want to be bothered, I'll gladly provide her as much space as she'd like. Unfortunate however since we need to gather information.

I asked to gauge your empathy for considering other people's feelings before you say or do something, and your response missed the mark completely.

Adding it in after it was pointed out to you is known an 'option select' in the FGC.

KLAMarine said: 

Upholding "innocent until proven guilty" is plenty productive.

Not if you don't look at the evidence, testimonies and other related facts available to you.
Such as the accused admitting to doing it.

So you then coming in just to say 'Allegations' after he admitted it is ignorant.
If you have an interest in a serious matter and you have Google, take a few minutes to look into it before trying to be dismissive.

P.S. If you had to get a babysitters for your child, and it was between someone with rape allegations, and someone with none, I guess you'd be fine with the former. Innocent until proven guilty.

"Innocent until proven guilty" is at no odds with any criminal case.

On the contrary, it's the default position prior to investigative efforts that attempt to prove guilt.

"Allegations" are always the starting point in any criminal case.

That said, my knowledge on this matter is very poor but that's okay: I'm not an investigator, it's not my job to file charges against accused parties.

As for the hiring of a babysitter, I'm not going to hire a babysitter accused of rape. I'll acknowledge the accusations and not hire that person but I can't jail that person for rape without their day in court.

Hiku said:
KLAMarine said:

"Innocent until proven guilty" is at no odds with any criminal case.

On the contrary, it's the default position prior to investigative efforts that attempt to prove guilt.

"Allegations" are always the starting point in any criminal case.

Because that's a criminal case. Public opinion for a public figure is a different matter. If people think a tournament organizer poses a threat to them or others, they're free to take their business elsewhere, with or without a guilty verdict.

KLAMarine said:
That said, my knowledge on this matter is very poor but that's okay: I'm not an investigator, it's not my job to file charges against accused parties.

If the alternative is you being counter productive with outdated comments in a thread regarding a very serious matter, a couple of minutes on Google isn't too much to ask.

KLAMarine said:
As for the hiring of a babysitter, I'm not going to hire a babysitter accused of rape. I'll acknowledge the accusations and not hire that person but I can't jail that person for rape without their day in court.

No one is contesting that you need to prove someone guilty before putting them in jail.
None of the victims here pressed criminal charges against Mr Wizard. They just wanted the fighting game community to know.

"Because that's a criminal case. Public opinion for a public figure is a different matter. If people think a tournament organizer poses a threat to them or others, they're free to take their business elsewhere, with or without a guilty verdict."

>I agree.

"If the alternative is you being counter productive with outdated comments in a thread regarding a very serious matter, a couple of minutes on Google isn't too much to ask."

>Well people, upon encountering my "allegations" post, can Google this matter just the same. If they care enough to.

On a side note, just because I call a claim an allegation doesn't mean I believe the allegation to be true or false.

Wyrdness said:

The whole entire FGC and Smash Communities are on blast today but some of the shit is pure gold.

LOL that last one.

What is the relevance to Smash communities?

Xxain said:

What is the relevance to Smash communities?

Trigger Warning.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/hjfv0y/summary_of_sexual_and_nonsexual_allegations/

Around the Network

I only read 2 and had enough. Why are these events not separated by age?

Xxain said:
I only read 2 and had enough. Why are these events not separated by age?

Would not solve anything. Best thing is for videogame related celebrities to not engage in any sexual activity with people that belong in the community, even if it is consensual. 

Zer0.. say it ain't so.

So... why there is no legal consequences for any of the dozens of people accused of this disgusting actions? I don't care that they are sorry. I want them to pay.

Also, there's certainly a problem with adults with the mind of a repressed teenager/kid. And the gaming community seems to gather a good amount of these people. So I guess is not THAT unexpected...

Hiku said:
Vodacixi said:

So... why there is no legal consequences for any of the dozens of people accused of this disgusting actions? I don't care that they are sorry. I want them to pay.

Also, there's certainly a problem with adults with the mind of a repressed teenager/kid. And the gaming community seems to gather a good amount of these people. So I guess is not THAT unexpected...

Several of them just asked for an apology or for them to acknowledge what happened. And due to the nature of these crimes, they're often difficult to prove.

Still... It's incredible that non of them took legal actions. Ok, it's hard to prove... But I would at least try. Put these monsters under investigation and such. If not for the them... For potential victims in the future. If they just let them go with an apology... Who says they won't do it again? Who can assure me that they will look for professional help? I can't trust people like this. 

I don't know, this is messed up...