Forums - Gaming Discussion - EVO 2020 officially cancelled in the wake of the storm of sexual controversy, new CEO installed

Hiku said:

Can you guys please stop talking about the statistics of sexual allegations? Talk about this case, or cases related to the FGC.
I don't want to see anyone here telling victims how they should or should not handle these things. @EnricoPallazzo 

As for this one, I go over it more in detail below, but it is painfully obvious by the reactions of everyone that knows Joey that they either knew about his behavior for a long time, and/or they believe it firmly enough to the point where prominent players and announcers boycotted EVO.
The rest of the EVO owners kicking him out and apparently also buying him out of the company should be another sign. But for more details:

KLAMarine said:
Allegations.

Is that how you'd respond if your daughter told you she was sexually assaulted? Or "Did you record it?"
That's how you responded to someone in a thread some months back.

This is about a public figure, so you should try to do the bare minimum of looking into the massive amount of information circulating about  this before making ignorant comments.
A lot of his friends are corroborating these stories. James Chen for example confirms he knew of the fountain incidents. Mike Wattson told us how Joey told a boy to do naked jumping jacks for E3 tickets. The boy that was tricked into showing him his erection mentioned several well known FGC members like Viscant by name, and said that they laughed at him when he told them this right after it happened, because they all knew that Joey was gay, and he didn't.
Filipinoman, another friend of Joey's, was also at the receiving end of similar behavior from him:

"Is that how you'd respond if your daughter told you she was sexually assaulted?"

>Yes. I'd then take her to a nurse to have her examined and see what could be recovered. Then I'd let professional investigators start digging up any and all information they can find while I provide my daughter with the best help and counseling money can buy. Finally, I'd get in touch with lawyers to see where we can go.

All throughout, I'd also understand 'Presumption of Innocence', an international human right under the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 11.

"Or "Did you record it?"
That's how you responded to someone in a thread some months back."

>And I'm about to do it again: did my daughter record something to corroborate claims? If she did, it would go a long way. I wouldn't want my daughter being accused of lying.

"This is about a public figure, so you should try to do the bare minimum of looking into the massive amount of information circulating about  this before making ignorant comments.
A lot of his friends are corroborating these stories. James Chen for example confirms he knew of the fountain incidents. Mike Wattson told us how Joey told a boy to do naked jumping jacks for E3 tickets. The boy that was tricked into showing him his erection mentioned several well known FGC members like Viscant by name, and said that they laughed at him when he told them this right after it happened, because they all knew that Joey was gay, and he didn't.
Filipinoman, another friend of Joey's, was also at the receiving end of similar behavior from him:

"

>I don't have to do anything. I'm not an investigator or some prosecuting attorney, I'm a poster on a video game forum who has a very fleeting interest in any of this. I'm going to let lawyers do the footwork, they're the ones getting paid for it.

And don't worry, I've made no ignorant comments.



Around the Network

I think it is also important to not always attach guys like these to a group like male feminists or SJW,most groups contain people like this and the focus should be on the person.



Immersiveunreality said:
I think it is also important to not always attach guys like these to a group like male feminists or SJW,most groups contain people like this and the focus should be on the person.

Yep there are good and bad group on any group with significant number of "members"



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

The whole entire FGC and Smash Communities are on blast today but some of the shit is pure gold.

LOL that last one.



Meanwhile other fighting communities in the FGC are probably ticking bombs at this point ...



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Meanwhile other fighting communities in the FGC are probably ticking bombs at this point ...

Have you noticed how not one Dead or Alive player ever gets caught up in this what irony.



Wyrdness said:
Mar1217 said:
Meanwhile other fighting communities in the FGC are probably ticking bombs at this point ...

Have you noticed how not one Dead or Alive player ever gets caught up in this what irony.

Big video game tidies > normal ass underage youth



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

KLAMarine said:

"Is that how you'd respond if your daughter told you she was sexually assaulted?"

>Yes. I'd then take her to a nurse to have her examined and see what could be recovered. Then I'd let professional investigators start digging up any and all information they can find while I provide my daughter with the best help and counseling money can buy. Finally, I'd get in touch with lawyers to see where we can go.

Rather than asking someone that was just raped what she wants, you'd force her to go through more trauma with strangers digging through her genitals, making her share details with the strangers, asking her 'what were you wearing', 'did you lead him on', etc?

I have no words.

KLAMarine said:
I don't have to do anything. I'm not an investigator or some prosecuting attorney, I'm a poster on a video game forum who has a very fleeting interest in any of this. I'm going to let lawyers do the footwork, they're the ones getting paid for it.

And don't worry, I've made no ignorant comments.

You do when your low effort post is closer to spam than being productive regarding a serious subject.

Last edited by Hiku - on 04 July 2020

It looks like the guys that are taking over are the ones that helped putting that mr wizard on top and able to do those things for all those years and it seems they always have known he did stuff like that,it would be so sad that they would get away with it.



Immersiveunreality said:
It looks like the guys that are taking over are the ones that helped putting that mr wizard on top and able to do those things for all those years and it seems they always have known he did stuff like that,it would be so sad that they would get away with it.

Yup. Judging by how many people already said they heard these things before, it seems unlikely that some of his closest friends and business partners wouldn't.
I'm wondering if proof of that will come out, or if we're going to go on and pretend like they probably didn't know.

If information about this does come forward, then that may spell the end of EVO as we know it. Even this may already have.
But if it's not one event, there will be another. We don't need them. We are EVO.

P.S. Mr Wizard finally changed his Twitter profile pic to just an orange dot.

Last edited by Hiku - on 04 July 2020