By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EVO 2020 officially cancelled in the wake of the storm of sexual controversy, new CEO installed

ArchangelMadzz said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'm not really sure, I'm having trouble finding the study now, saw it on Twitter several weeks ago. I seem to recall that it was based on recently released FBI statistics, and that the percentage that they found were false were very high. But now I can't find the article about it.

Well let me know if you find it. 

I will be highhhllly surprised if false meant "we proved it was false" as opposed to "we can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law".

Agree. I totally would believe that most cases cant be solved in court due to lack of proof. Which would make someone not guilty which is different from innocent.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
chakkra said:

You don't tell someone who is supposed to be the boss "hey, bitch boy" unless there is already some kind of previous "friendship" going on.
Again, I'm talking about this particular instance. The first message where the Cuellar guy asked him for naked pics was on March, 4th and then the guy messaged him back two months later asking him for favors. You should not be asking favors from somebody who already asked you for naked pics.

He stated that they were friends. And that he convinced himself the sexual comments were just jokes.

And even if he had viewed those comments as not jokes, are you suggesting that Anton should give up his aspirations in working with the biggest FGC event in the world because the guy is sexually harassing him?

This is literally why there are laws against bosses coercing sex from their employees. Because quitting because of it should never be acceptable.

No. The guy should not "give up his aspirations in working with the biggest FGC event in the world" but also should not be asking him for favors after the other guy repeatedly showed interest in him. And yes, I agree that this Cuellar guy should not be in a position of power, but something in this particular story doesn't add up.

Look, literally days after I came out in my neighborhood as bisexual I had not one but TWO sixteen-year-olds offering me sex in exchange of money. How they got to the conclusion that I was going to be into that, I have no idea since I was not attracted to them in the slightest, and to my recollection, I never did anything that would make them think otherwise. I had to reject them both and one of them got really verbally nasty with me when I did; I was genuinely scared that he would do something to harm me after that but thankfully he just stopped talking to me. So I know for a fact that there are many "kids" out there that are not innocent angels.

But again, I don't know these people and I don't know exactly what happened so I will refrain myself to give more opinions on the matter.

Nevermind, not worth it

Last edited by EnricoPallazzo - on 03 July 2020

Hiku said:

Can you guys please stop talking about the statistics of sexual allegations? Talk about this case, or cases related to the FGC.
I don't want to see anyone here telling victims how they should or should not handle these things. @EnricoPallazzo 

As for this one, I go over it more in detail below, but it is painfully obvious by the reactions of everyone that knows Joey that they either knew about his behavior for a long time, and/or they believe it firmly enough to the point where prominent players and announcers boycotted EVO.
The rest of the EVO owners kicking him out and apparently also buying him out of the company should be another sign. But for more details:

KLAMarine said:
Allegations.

Is that how you'd respond if your daughter told you she was sexually assaulted? Or "Did you record it?"
That's how you responded to someone in a thread some months back.

This is about a public figure, so you should try to do the bare minimum of looking into the massive amount of information circulating about  this before making ignorant comments.
A lot of his friends are corroborating these stories. James Chen for example confirms he knew of the fountain incidents. Mike Wattson told us how Joey told a boy to do naked jumping jacks for E3 tickets. The boy that was tricked into showing him his erection mentioned several well known FGC members like Viscant by name, and said that they laughed at him when he told them this right after it happened, because they all knew that Joey was gay, and he didn't.
Filipinoman, another friend of Joey's, was also at the receiving end of similar behavior from him:

"Is that how you'd respond if your daughter told you she was sexually assaulted?"

>Yes. I'd then take her to a nurse to have her examined and see what could be recovered. Then I'd let professional investigators start digging up any and all information they can find while I provide my daughter with the best help and counseling money can buy. Finally, I'd get in touch with lawyers to see where we can go.

All throughout, I'd also understand 'Presumption of Innocence', an international human right under the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 11.

"Or "Did you record it?"
That's how you responded to someone in a thread some months back."

>And I'm about to do it again: did my daughter record something to corroborate claims? If she did, it would go a long way. I wouldn't want my daughter being accused of lying.

"This is about a public figure, so you should try to do the bare minimum of looking into the massive amount of information circulating about  this before making ignorant comments.
A lot of his friends are corroborating these stories. James Chen for example confirms he knew of the fountain incidents. Mike Wattson told us how Joey told a boy to do naked jumping jacks for E3 tickets. The boy that was tricked into showing him his erection mentioned several well known FGC members like Viscant by name, and said that they laughed at him when he told them this right after it happened, because they all knew that Joey was gay, and he didn't.
Filipinoman, another friend of Joey's, was also at the receiving end of similar behavior from him:

"

>I don't have to do anything. I'm not an investigator or some prosecuting attorney, I'm a poster on a video game forum who has a very fleeting interest in any of this. I'm going to let lawyers do the footwork, they're the ones getting paid for it.

And don't worry, I've made no ignorant comments.

I think it is also important to not always attach guys like these to a group like male feminists or SJW,most groups contain people like this and the focus should be on the person.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
I think it is also important to not always attach guys like these to a group like male feminists or SJW,most groups contain people like this and the focus should be on the person.

Yep there are good and bad group on any group with significant number of "members"

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

The whole entire FGC and Smash Communities are on blast today but some of the shit is pure gold.

LOL that last one.

Mar1217 said:
Meanwhile other fighting communities in the FGC are probably ticking bombs at this point ...

Have you noticed how not one Dead or Alive player ever gets caught up in this what irony.

It looks like the guys that are taking over are the ones that helped putting that mr wizard on top and able to do those things for all those years and it seems they always have known he did stuff like that,it would be so sad that they would get away with it.

Immersiveunreality said:
It looks like the guys that are taking over are the ones that helped putting that mr wizard on top and able to do those things for all those years and it seems they always have known he did stuff like that,it would be so sad that they would get away with it.

I guarantee you it's been going on in a more widespread manner then it appears and it was likely well known only now they didn't really respect the fact that social media is a powerful thing now where as before it was easier to sweep under the carpet. These degenerates also didn't factor in we're in the era of smart phones and easier to use PCs now so messages are more easily saved.