By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 26, 2020 (Jun 22 - Jun 28)

Tagged games:

newwil7l said:
xMetroid said:

Yea true, a monopoly is never amazing to have, hopefully Nintendo doesn't get lazy in japan or even WW if the next gen gets a disappointing start.

I don’t think Nintendo will get too complacent simply because they've had some insane lows sprinkled in between their successes. The Wii U probably still stings them. Sony is the one that worries me when it comes to complacency.

Yeah, failures like Wii U and Gamecube were ultimately good for them as they led to vastly more successful successors in the Wii and Switch. Still, all of the big three have gotten complacent and arrogant at some point, (Sony in 2006, Nintendo in 2011-2012, MS in 2013) so hopefully they do indeed bear those failures in mind, as a company feeling like it can skate by on the bare minimum or do whatever they want is bad for consumers.

Around the Network

5 million copies sold for Animal Crossing.
It’s now the 10th best selling game of all time in Japan. Pokemon is #1 at 7.8 million for the volumes (not sure what the independent games sold).

6.8 is the top selling non-multi-version game, Super Mario Bros.

Either way, there’s a good chance Animal Crossing New Horizons can beat both within a year.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
5 million copies sold for Animal Crossing.
It’s now the 10th best selling game of all time in Japan. Pokemon is #1 at 7.8 million for the volumes (not sure what the independent games sold).

6.8 is the top selling non-multi-version game, Super Mario Bros.

Either way, there’s a good chance Animal Crossing New Horizons can beat both within a year.

Pokemon at number 1 is 10m, Blue is not separate release like some think it's a special edition that was available at launch via a subscriber order through Coro.

If Switch will have a long lifespan and the evergreens just keep selling on like they are then Nintendo can potentially have a 10 million seller and three 5 million sellers in Japan. Digital included.
Crazy.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Marth said:
Fit Boxing hit 900k worldwide.

It now sold 300k in 2020. Really strong legs.

Coronavirus lockdown might have helped it's numbers quite a bit though