By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 26, 2020 (Jun 22 - Jun 28)

Tagged games:

Sword and Shield DLC didn't help sales at all right? Seems like Game Freak will go back to their 3rd versions

Around the Network
newwil7l said:
xMetroid said:

Yea true, a monopoly is never amazing to have, hopefully Nintendo doesn't get lazy in japan or even WW if the next gen gets a disappointing start.

I don’t think Nintendo will get too complacent simply because they've had some insane lows sprinkled in between their successes. The Wii U probably still stings them. Sony is the one that worries me when it comes to complacency.

Right, we will find out soon enough once they announce their pricing and lineup for the PS5.

newwil7l said:
xMetroid said:

Yea true, a monopoly is never amazing to have, hopefully Nintendo doesn't get lazy in japan or even WW if the next gen gets a disappointing start.

I don’t think Nintendo will get too complacent simply because they've had some insane lows sprinkled in between their successes. The Wii U probably still stings them. Sony is the one that worries me when it comes to complacency.

Right, we will find out soon enough once they announce their pricing and lineup for the PS5.

newwil7l said:
xMetroid said:

IcaroRibeiro said:

Sword and Shield DLC didn't help sales at all right? Seems like Game Freak will go back to their 3rd versions

For consumers the dlc approach is better. While for the company a third version is better. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

They did Pokémon would be sub 4K now, granted not as big as one might hope for 

wait for the next direct : pokemon tinfoilhat

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

newwil7l said:
xMetroid said:

And its not like Nintendo is trying to be complacent. Its just that they want to be sure of their release schedule, which could possibly change depending on how the world manages COVID-19. Sure, the rest of year appears to be set for their schedule internally, but they are also still exploring ways to present new content outside of Directs (i.e., the surprise shadow drop of the Paper Mario: The Origami King teaser). As we all know, Directs take months of planning, collaboration, and confirmation of release dates/windows. And filming. When they are ready to present what they want to show in a Direct format, they will do it.

Sakurai filmed the ARMS Fighter presentation back in early May in his own home, which released in late June. Think about that. And that's only for DLC of a 1.5 year old game. COVID has affected how companies are planning and filming their respective presentations.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
curl-6 said:

Namco Bandai confirms Taiko no Tatsujin Drum 'n' fun has shipped a million copies.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/364333-taiko-no-tatsujin-drum-n-fun-surpasses-1-million-units-shipped

So considering it's charting this week (#29) and shows 486k total sales there, I'd say it's safe o assume that at least half of the copies were digital ones.

The game was actually released outside Japan, so while a lot of that million will be digital, some will also come from Europe, NA, etc.

Anyway, yet another one to add to the third party million sellers on Switch list.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 03 July 2020

tbone51 said:

They did Pokémon would be sub 4K now, granted not as big as one might hope for 

Yeah, well hopefully they won't be back for their very backwards 3rd version strategy