Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer confident after seeing PS5 presentation - Gamelab 2020 interview

How do you think MS will perform at the July presentation?

MS will be in a league of its own 5 6.58%

MS will do better than the PS5 presentation 14 18.42%

MS will do as good as the PS5 presentation 13 17.11%

MS will do less well than... 44 57.89%

Total:76
sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

How would MS presentation in July be more impressive and generate more hype IF they only showed gameplay for the games that were already revealed?

IF they only showed gameplay of Halo Infinite, Everwild, Grounded, Hellblade 2, Project Mara? Well we know these 5 exist but haven’t seen how they play except Grounded. Also some games aren’t even on people’s radar...do the majority of gamers outside Xbox fan bases aware a game like Project Mara exist? Doubtful. A small gameplay demo for each will go a long way to elevate these games from unknowns to selling points for the brand.

That said we know they will reveal more games beyond those 5 so I’m not worried. 

No doubt that for people that like MS it would be meaningful, but to be more impactfull than Sony presentation? They already showed videos for Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2, Project Mara that I'm aware and perhaps for other ones.

And for people that don't follow Xbox and don't know the pedigree of the studios showing Project Mara won't generate near the hype as the proved studios that showed on PS5 event.

Yep I expect they to show more than those 5, but will the games show be big AAA capable of generating major hype? Let's not forget that even logo reveal for PS5 generated more hype than XSX reveal.

kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

How would MS presentation in July be more impressive and generate more hype IF they only showed gameplay for the games that were already revealed?

not like we didn't know what games Sony would present LMAO

Guess you were the only one them, because we had several people (like shikamaru) saying they wouldn't have games to show because of the dates of their last reveals. And guessing what they would show is completely different then already having teased and showed some trailers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
kirby007 said:

I didn’t think of it like that myself. People predicted Horizon and GT7 before the event and that didn’t diminish their hype in the slightest when we finally saw them in action. Great point. 

its simple that is because you are innocent in your posting, i have seen shit thrown 13 years on here i know the tricks

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

sales2099 said:
kirby007 said:

I didn’t think of it like that myself. People predicted Horizon and GT7 before the event and that didn’t diminish their hype in the slightest when we finally saw them in action. Great point. 

We had a lot of people saying it was impossible for GT7 because PD would take over 5 years after GTS to have anything ready, we didn't expect Insomniac to have a full RC and a standalone SM for PS5 because SM released not long ago. Just revisit the threads and you'll see people saying Sony wouldn't have much to release in 2020-2021 because of their studios releasing games in the last 3 years.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

sales2099 said:
Trumpstyle said:
Microsoft need to hype up their next-gen console, for us playstation gamers, Spiderman: Miles Morales and Horizon zero dawn 2 brings much hype.

What does Xbox have?

The obvious answer is to hold judgment until the July event. 

Luckily MS has announced several games before hand. Halo Infinite, Everwild, Grounded, Hellblade 2, Project Mara. 5 games and each a different genre. Hopefully we see something from each game. 

We know the next Forza Motorsport and Horizon is in development. Obsidian and Playground are making a AAA RPG each. The Initiative is a unproven studio but expected to reveal their first AAA title. 

A-AA studios are expected to make announcements like Undead Labs, Compulsion, and Double Fine. 

And I can’t stress enough Halo Infinite’s launch goes hand in hand with Series X. It’s marketing, when it kicks in, will be a sight to see. It’s a 5 year game as opposed to 3 with the purpose to drive console sales and Game Pass subs. All signs point to it being the biggest game by far in the series and one of the most expensive games ever made. 

Announcing new games for the Perfect dark zero and Fable series would bring some hype for gamers like myself. And maybe a new good gameplay trailer for Halo infinite. The other games you mentioned I'm not so interested in or don't recognise.

6x master league achiever in starcraft2

Beaten Sigrun on God of war mode

Beaten DOOM ultra-nightmare with NO endless ammo-rune, 2x super shotgun and no decoys on ps4 pro.

1-0 against Grubby in Wc3 frozen throne ladder!!

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

We had a lot of people saying it was impossible for GT7 because PD would take over 5 years after GTS to have anything ready, we didn't expect Insomniac to have a full RC and a standalone SM for PS5 because SM released not long ago. Just revisit the threads and you'll see people saying Sony wouldn't have much to release in 2020-2021 because of their studios releasing games in the last 3 years.

That’s just not true. It took 4 years between GT6 and GT Sport. 2021 lines up with their timetable. Even if it took more no harm in announcing the game even if it was 2 years away. Insomniac is a beast with making games quickly so it shouldn’t surprise anybody that they would have something. Horizon was 4 years after KZ in 2013 so it was most likely to be announced as well, even if it wouldn’t release this year. 

Around the Network
Trumpstyle said:
sales2099 said:

The obvious answer is to hold judgment until the July event. 

Luckily MS has announced several games before hand. Halo Infinite, Everwild, Grounded, Hellblade 2, Project Mara. 5 games and each a different genre. Hopefully we see something from each game. 

We know the next Forza Motorsport and Horizon is in development. Obsidian and Playground are making a AAA RPG each. The Initiative is a unproven studio but expected to reveal their first AAA title. 

A-AA studios are expected to make announcements like Undead Labs, Compulsion, and Double Fine. 

And I can’t stress enough Halo Infinite’s launch goes hand in hand with Series X. It’s marketing, when it kicks in, will be a sight to see. It’s a 5 year game as opposed to 3 with the purpose to drive console sales and Game Pass subs. All signs point to it being the biggest game by far in the series and one of the most expensive games ever made. 

Announcing new games for the Perfect dark zero and Fable series would bring some hype for gamers like myself. And maybe a new good gameplay trailer for Halo infinite. The other games you mentioned I'm not so interested in or don't recognise.

Yup that’s fair. Falls in line with expectations of gamers as a whole not completely invested in Xbox. AAA games that aren’t the typical trinity of Xbox exclusives. Everything else is fluff. I get it, hopefully MS does too. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

That’s just not true. It took 4 years between GT6 and GT Sport. 2021 lines up with their timetable. Even if it took more no harm in announcing the game even if it was 2 years away. Insomniac is a beast with making games quickly so it shouldn’t surprise anybody that they would have something. Horizon was 4 years after KZ in 2013 so it was most likely to be announced as well, even if it wouldn’t release this year. 

Yes I know, and I am still expecting a SSM game and possibly a ND game in the second year of PS5.

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9153119

There you are excited about a rumor of GT7 in 2020. You weren’t trying to say it wasn’t coming or it was too soon. The event thread also has a couple people predicting GT7 and Horizon 2 and a lot of Demons Soul as well. 

Don’t try to change history to suit a narrative, please. I’m not going to bother digging through tons of threads because this forum has trash search functionality but I quickly went 2/2 there including a quote from you yourself. 

The bottom line is Horizon 2, Spider-Man, and GT7 were all extremely rumored and expected titles to be shown off and people were still happy to see them. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9153119

There you are excited about a rumor of GT7 in 2020. You weren’t trying to say it wasn’t coming or it was too soon. The event thread also has a couple people predicting GT7 and Horizon 2 and a lot of Demons Soul as well. 

Don’t try to change history to suit a narrative, please. I’m not going to bother digging through tons of threads because this forum has trash search functionality but I quickly went 2/2 there including a quote from you yourself. 

The bottom line is Horizon 2, Spider-Man, and GT7 were all extremely rumored and expected titles to be shown off and people were still happy to see them. 

I was pretty sure and was right, even said on the reveal that I was right and who was doubting was wrong. Still the game hadn't been leaked or revealed before the event the most we got was a possible tease with 7 cars some days before the event.

Precious that you compare rumour with reveals

MS is going to need a lot to top the PS5 reveal.

The metrics, in terms of viewership & social media engagement, shattered records. The critical acclaim of SIE compared to XGS is leagues apart even with all the studio acquisitions. The commercial success of PS4 exclusives is reaching Nintendo level of success. If the TF difference isn't distinguishable without a side by side comparison, than the SSD will continue to get all the next gen hype, since world design and load times are lot more noticeable without a comparison.