By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Phil Spencer confident after seeing PS5 presentation - Gamelab 2020 interview

How do you think MS will perform at the July presentation?

MS will be in a league of its own 5 6.25%

MS will do better than the PS5 presentation 14 17.50%

MS will do as good as the PS5 presentation 13 16.25%

MS will do less well than... 48 60.00%

Total:80

Honestly 120fps at 1080p would be top notch for most games i play on a console
Ever since crossplay with pc became a thing that has become a must for me

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
DonFerrari said:

If you want to have 4k60fps as standard and if MS follows that you better be ready to have XSX games looking substantially inferior to the ones on PS5 when a dev like ND decides to push the envelope to the limit and choose 1440p30fps, because XSX doesn't have that much higher power to have better visuals while doing twice framerate and twice pixel count.

True that, and its exactly why the Series X's May event got so much crap. Everything they showed was targeting 4k/60fps and it didn't leave much room for improving overall fidelity compared to current gen. 

Hmm, I do not remember people complaining about the graphics of those games during that event, instead they mostly complained that there were not actual gameplay which was stated.  The thing about graphics is they are great to show off but if the experience is choppy and not smooth then the experience of actually playing the game can be frustrating.  Targeting a smooth experience is always will be more preferred then graphical fidelity.  In reality when it comes to consoles, people just change their goalpost depending on the console they like the most.  I really see not difference in this thread. I have seen enough console bitch fighting to know that people will champion what their console does the best and crap on the others for what benefit I have no clue.

hinch said:
sales2099 said:
Don: I agree with everything you said. Just that we’ve been taking about hitting the fabled 4K/60 for several years. I mean industry leaders as well as hopeful gamers. Now we on the cusp of it and it looks like MS is the only one actually trying to hit it and others are seemingly backing away from it.

It strikes me as odd to say the least given how both factions cared so much about pushing both in the past

You're essentially halving performance when targeting 60fps. The games that are going all out on visuals will go 30FPS. And that will be the majority of major devs. Thinking you'll see the majority next games at 60fps is frankly quite optimistic and I dare say naive. With raytracing you can forget 4K 60. Not even RTX 2080 Ti can handle that on current gen games. Just look at Cyberpunk 2077, that demo was running on a high end PC with RT @1080P.

I would bet big money that the next GTA will be 4k 30. Its by design and up for developers, unless you just want an evolutionary jump from last generation. With more pixels and effects.

GTA6 will target 1440p30. It's going to span 3 console generations again since it has worked out well for GTA 5. GTA 5 on ps5 and Series X target the 4K60 crowd, GTA6 won't do that until ps6 / Series Y.

kirby007 said:

Is your TV 120fps?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
kirby007 said:

Is your TV 120fps?

Jup

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:

Is your TV 120fps?

Jup

Cool.

Don't even know if they sell 4k real 120fps tvs in Brazil.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

sales2099 said:
Don: I agree with everything you said. Just that we’ve been taking about hitting the fabled 4K/60 for several years. I mean industry leaders as well as hopeful gamers. Now we on the cusp of it and it looks like MS is the only one actually trying to hit it and others are seemingly backing away from it.

It strikes me as odd to say the least given how both factions cared so much about pushing both in the past

Because 4k60 in every game isn't feasible without making a lot of compromises. 

Even a 2080Ti will struggle to max out games at 4k60fps. Maybe the 3080Ti/3090 will be able to do it. But for $500-600 consoles it's not going to happen outside of racing games and FPS games that either aren't as demanding or compromise on visual quality.

If games like AC Valhalla run at 4k/60fps on XSX comparable to PC High/Ultra settings I'll happily eat my words of course.

edit: If it does then I'll have to flog my $500 2070 super for then new RDNA2 GPUS as it barely plays AC Odyssey at 1440p 60fps maxed. (although we know AC games aren't the best optomised for PC)

Last edited by ArchangelMadzz - on 30 June 2020

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Fun fact even if my tv wouldnt have been 120hz an engine running 120fps would still be better on a 60hz tv

kirby007 said:
Fun fact even if my tv wouldnt have been 120hz an engine running 120fps would still be better on a 60hz tv

Never tried a 120fps game so I wouldn't know. But if you had felt it is the best way for you that is good, hope more games on console offer you that option.

ArchangelMadzz said:
sales2099 said:

Because 4k60 in every game isn't feasible without making a lot of compromises. 

Even a 2080Ti will struggle to max out games at 4k60fps. Maybe the 3080Ti/3090 will be able to do it. But for $500-600 consoles it's not going to happen outside of racing games and FPS games that either aren't as demanding or compromise on visual quality.

If games like AC Valhalla run at 4k/60fps on XSX comparable to PC High/Ultra settings I'll happily eat my words of course.

Sigh, maybe next next gen we will see it standard lol 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.