Forums - Sales Discussion - How many units will the Switch sell in 2020?

Switch sales for 2020?

Less than 19M 2 2.22%
 
19M-21M 12 13.33%
 
22M-24M 41 45.56%
 
25M-27M 24 26.67%
 
28M-30M 7 7.78%
 
30M+ 4 4.44%
 
Total:90



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Does anyone know how much the Switch sold during the last 3 holidays?



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Does anyone know how much the Switch sold during the last 3 holidays?

Switch:
2017 - 7.23 million
2018 - 9.42 million
2019 - 10.81 million

BONUS, +10 million quarters:

Wii
2008 - 10.41 million
2009 - 11.31 million

NDS
2007 - 11.15 million
2008 - 11.89 million
2009 - 11.65 million



2020 predictions: NSW 25m, PS5 6m, XSX 4.5m, PS4 11m, XB1 4m

In December 2019 i predicted 21m Switch, 9m PS4 and 3m XB1, but that was before COVID, obvius increased my predictions.

Ryng said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Does anyone know how much the Switch sold during the last 3 holidays?

Switch:
2017 - 7.23 million
2018 - 9.42 million
2019 - 10.81 million

BONUS, +10 million quarters:

Wii
2008 - 10.41 million
2009 - 11.31 million

NDS
2007 - 11.15 million
2008 - 11.89 million
2009 - 11.65 million

Ok, then I'll say 23-25m is likely, but I'll vote for 25m ... even though it could be really close



100 million units



Nothing to see here, move along

Around the Network

I think it'll do 24 million.



101 million units



I chose 22-24 million. I think that, currently, Switch sales are a bit front loaded due to COVID. I think the holiday boost won't be as big for the Switch as it is for other years due to the launch of the new consoles. Unless, of course, Nintendo has some good deals (temporary price cuts).

Not to mention that the Switch can only sell as much as Nintendo can produce. Which I believe they said they would be producing 22 million.



Ryng said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Does anyone know how much the Switch sold during the last 3 holidays?

Switch:
2017 - 7.23 million
2018 - 9.42 million
2019 - 10.81 million

BONUS, +10 million quarters:

Wii
2008 - 10.41 million
2009 - 11.31 million

NDS
2007 - 11.15 million
2008 - 11.89 million
2009 - 11.65 million

I really believe switch can beat all of these and even reach 12mil this holiday. It just needs to sell a shit tonne from July to September and it can reach heights we didn't think it would. That's why I picked 25-27mil.

This is a lightning in the bottle moment for switch or any console for that matter so all bets are off though



Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Doctor_MG said:
I chose 22-24 million. I think that, currently, Switch sales are a bit front loaded due to COVID. I think the holiday boost won't be as big for the Switch as it is for other years due to the launch of the new consoles. Unless, of course, Nintendo has some good deals (temporary price cuts).

Not to mention that the Switch can only sell as much as Nintendo can produce. Which I believe they said they would be producing 22 million.

Oh you best believe Nintendo upped production for switch.



Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also