Forums - Sony Discussion - Now that Naughty Dog is finished with the The Last of Us, its time to return to Jak and Daxter!

gergroy said:
How did you platinum a game before the ps3 came out? Also, I would much rather them do something new. Naughty Dog is too good to waste on returning to jak. If Sony wants to do another jak game, I think they should give it to another studio.

Re read the post. Cheesus 

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
No one cared about The Lost Frontier. The series is dead. Sly 4 also flew under the radar. Only Ratchet survived (and thrived) of the three PS2 platformers because survival of the fittest.

Because it did the have quality that is expected of a Jak and Daxter. On top of that when everybody found out it was suppose to the next mainline Jak developed ND but passed to a budget studio interest dropped fast.

So you guys think ND is that unflexible? 

twintail said:
Xxain said:

Do you even want a return to Jak?

Sure, but not from ND. They aren't the same studio they were during the PS2 days. Employees have changed, those still remaining have different interests etc.

Wanting ND to do another Jak is only going to result in disappointment because they aren't going to make the Jak you want. 

The best you can hope for is someone like Sumo Digital making a new title, or Insomniac using the Ratchet engine to create a smaller spin off Jak adventure.

I think the next best thing for ND to do is to take the UC series and convert it into a new sci-fi IP.

The only thing I expect out of a new Jak is sa uperb level of finesse demonstrated in Jak and Daxter. If Its more realistic fine, if its more story focused fine (OG trilogy was already distinctly story focused among platformers). If Jak came back of course it would be rebooted with style that matches current ND philosophies

gergroy said:
How did you platinum a game before the ps3 came out? Also, I would much rather them do something new. Naughty Dog is too good to waste on returning to jak. If Sony wants to do another jak game, I think they should give it to another studio.

Top it off Sony didn't get trophies until 2008. 2 years after the PS3 launched. They didn't make them mandatory until 2009.

Before trophies, it was easy to manipulate save data. With a PC and thumb drive.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
gergroy said:

Top it off Sony didn't get trophies until 2008. 2 years after the PS3 launched. They didn't make them mandatory until 2009.

Before trophies, it was easy to manipulate save data. With a PC and thumb drive.

The remaster for PS4?. I cant believe I have to say this.

Around the Network

Please move on from the The Last of Us Naughty Dog, I love the world but from where the story left off I just don't care to see more.

I'm all on board for a Insomniac Jak though.

Xxain said:
twintail said:

Sure, but not from ND. They aren't the same studio they were during the PS2 days. Employees have changed, those still remaining have different interests etc.

Wanting ND to do another Jak is only going to result in disappointment because they aren't going to make the Jak you want. 

The best you can hope for is someone like Sumo Digital making a new title, or Insomniac using the Ratchet engine to create a smaller spin off Jak adventure.

I think the next best thing for ND to do is to take the UC series and convert it into a new sci-fi IP.

The only thing I expect out of a new Jak is sa uperb level of finesse demonstrated in Jak and Daxter. If Its more realistic fine, if its more story focused fine (OG trilogy was already distinctly story focused among platformers). If Jak came back of course it would be rebooted with style that matches current ND philosophies

So a UC title themed like Jak would be ok?

Cause that's probably the closest thing you'll get. And could work

I'd rather they make something good.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

twintail said:
Xxain said:

So a UC title themed like Jak would be ok?

Cause that's probably the closest thing you'll get. And could work

If the platforming was real...then fine, but I'm pretty positive they would keep the seamless world setup because Ironically it aligns with the current trends though its old by Jak standards. 

I'd like to see how they handle a fps, in a kind of vein similar to Cyberpunk 2077.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'