By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now that Naughty Dog is finished with the The Last of Us, its time to return to Jak and Daxter!

I doubt they will return to any old franchise. I think new IP is the way to go, really.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Xxain said:
Doesn't Naughty Dog have 2 teams now?

I believe they do, but the 2nd is not a full team on it's own. They just begin the next project before the bulk of the previous team joins to complete the game. At least, that is my understanding.

Anyways, right now I'm sure they are they ones doing the MP game ND is going to release.

shikamaru317 said:

3. Because I'm still mad at him for screwing over Amy Hennig and Justin Richmond

What are the details on this?

Fei-Hung said:
I think naughty dog needs to split into two teams. One that is more light hearted and fun and one that is more serious and realistic.

Let Jak go back to its roots of being a Nintendoesque platform adventure game like the first one.

Maybe have Cerny head it or put that team together as I don't believe Druckmann can do it at so far he has ended up making things way too dark and serious.

If he can prove me wrong ill be more than happy, but I rather be cautious as fing it up would potentially kill any chance of a come back.

They alternate between UC and TloU. The former is light-hearted.

Druckmann is clearly not the man for the job. Jak needs to be outsourced to another company, but that requires another company wanting to make a Jak game. 

Druckman worked on Jak before; He wrote the plot to Lost Frontier! Druckman has been a writer before has been a developer.  

The Last of us 2 had 4 different Jak and Daxter Easter eggs. Most Easter eggs of any of ND's past games....

twintail said:
Xxain said:

Druckman worked on Jak before; He wrote the plot to Lost Frontier! Druckman has been a writer before has been a developer.  

He was a programmer before getting his first writing credits with the first Uncharted. 

Anyways, he could 180 into a Jak game, but it's pretty clear from his work that more realistic settings and tone is what he is working through atm. 

As I said outsource the game. Many other studios Sony could work with to get a new Jak done.

And those credits should not be that much,outside of Naughty Dog it seems he did not have any writing and i would put a writer able to write for lets say one episode of game of thrones above someone that did write for a full game of Naughty Dog.

Now that I though more about the subject of this thread, I am not sure if ND is really done with Tlou. The Joel and Ellie arc story, might be over, but there is still plenty ND could do with with the world TLoU takes place. A new project set in TLoU may not even carry the TLoU title.

With that said, I still think ND is heading to a new IP and it will take at least two year before the reveal anything to the public.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
shikamaru317 said:

Many reasons:

1. Because, like I said, many don't like his writing in TLOU 2

2. Because I don't like his writing

3. Because I'm still mad at him for screwing over Amy Hennig and Justin Richmond

His games so far are successful critically and commercially, I get that, but he can keep to his own team, I want minimal involvement from him on the 2nd team. 

Sigh... People just believe anything without Proof... Its sad really...

The Amy Hennig controversy is a rumour forced into an article by IGN or gamespot higher ups(my memory fails me atm) and those people got fired eventually for a lot of shitty things they did but the Amy Hennig thingy is most likely fake news.

But people pick up that information and assume it as facts and it all snowballs after tons of coverage.

Nah I'd rather them work on new IP.

Something Sci-fi like what was teased multiple games - Savage Starlight would be interesting.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
shikamaru317 said:

Many reasons:

1. Because, like I said, many don't like his writing in TLOU 2

2. Because I don't like his writing

His games so far are successful critically and commercially, I get that, but he can keep to his own team, I want minimal involvement from him on the 2nd team. 

Sigh... People just believe anything without Proof... Its sad really...

Tough luck for him, since Neil is the vice-president of the company. So his involvement in all of the studios projects is pretty much a given. 

And believing that he was responsible for Amy’s departure without any tangible proof? Yeah... Some people gotta put the blame on anyone of anything so they can justify their hate and go on with it.