By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Now that Naughty Dog is finished with the The Last of Us, its time to return to Jak and Daxter!

I would think if ND has no intentions of returning to the J&D franchise, then they would have been fine passing it off to another dev. Much like with Crash, and now Crash 4 pretty much confirms ND never has any plans of a new Crash game. Surely Sony has wanted a new Jak game for years considering the nostalgia for the original games and sales potential. So yes, I think ND has committed to revisiting the franchise at some point, and I do think it will be for PS5 for sure. The question is does it happen next or do the do a new IP first? There’s a good argument to be made for either sequence, so I don’t know. But it’s been so long now, I would go with the Jak game first if I were them. Feels like the right time for the hype to be big for it.

Around the Network

Also, in some ways a new Jak game would be the biggest breath of fresh air that ND could do after TLOU2. They have gotten so serious and heavy now, something much lighter and fun in nature like Jak makes a lot of sense. I’m sure a game like tlou is mentally and emotionally hard on the devs to make for all those years.

HyrulianScrolls said:
I would think if ND has no intentions of returning to the J&D franchise, then they would have been fine passing it off to another dev. Much like with Crash, and now Crash 4 pretty much confirms ND never has any plans of a new Crash game. Surely Sony has wanted a new Jak game for years considering the nostalgia for the original games and sales potential. So yes, I think ND has committed to revisiting the franchise at some point, and I do think it will be for PS5 for sure. The question is does it happen next or do the do a new IP first? There’s a good argument to be made for either sequence, so I don’t know. But it’s been so long now, I would go with the Jak game first if I were them. Feels like the right time for the hype to be big for it.

Well Crash doesn`t belong to ND so they didn`t had another team do it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ND isn't much for going back, I'd say. Someone like Blue Point would do an amazing refresh to the Jak series. I'm okay with letting ND jump into something completely new and pushing themselves forward.

Now that we're done making sequels for an entire generation, let's make another sequel, this time to our worst selling series. Genius!

Around the Network

Sincerely I would love a new IP from Naughty Dog. I think about it since a long time.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

It'd be nice to have another J&D, but I think ND is past that kind of games and I would prefer them do a new IP more akin to the kind of projects they do now. They havent done anything new since TLOU1 I believe. Insomniac however would do wonders with J&D.

I think naughty dog needs to split into two teams. One that is more light hearted and fun and one that is more serious and realistic.

Let Jak go back to its roots of being a Nintendoesque platform adventure game like the first one.

Maybe have Cerny head it or put that team together as I don't believe Druckmann can do it at so far he has ended up making things way too dark and serious.

If he can prove me wrong ill be more than happy, but I rather be cautious as fing it up would potentially kill any chance of a come back.

pikashoe said:
I think I'd prefer to see something new first. We haven't had a new ip from them since the first last of us. Thats an entire console generation. Maybe after that I'd like to see a return to jak.

Same I'd rather a new IP. Then again I don't care for Jak and Dexter type games really.

No sigh... I'd rather let Toys for Bob take care of Jak IP over Naughty Dog.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Limited-Run-Jak-4-Commemorative-Case-Exclusive-Theme-LRG-Jak-IV-PS4-Sealed/283921565481?hash=item421b0b4729:g:kb8AAOSwEBJe7tLc

Don't touch "Buy it now" button.