Forums - Sony Discussion - Now that Naughty Dog is finished with the The Last of Us, its time to return to Jak and Daxter!

Whatever it is, I hope they do something that is more gameplay centric.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
It's weird because we got a Sly 4 before a Jak 4 and Sly was the lesser selling IP out of the big platformers for the PS2.

I think Naughty Dog definitely have the capability of making a great Jak game again without having to sacrifice other IPs...

True, but we got the excellent Dexter and the pretty good J&D: The Last Frontier for the PSP, so those managed to fill the gaps.

OT: I would like if they would revisit the series, sure, but at the same time I would still want to see a new IP from them. Maybe a smaller scale J&D and a big, new single-player IP would be the best solution

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Let one team at Insomniac alternate between Ratchet & Clank and Jack and &Dexter.
And than, with the dimension hopping, they meet up eventually.

Xxain said:
Dulfite said:
Wait a minute, I thought they were done. I thought we saw The Last of Them, and that they were going to walk away for good and do something else outside of video games?

Huh? I think you read wrong. I do remember them saying Last of us 2 was the last though.

My joke was not understood.

I liked the trilogy and got 3 platinum. And wouldn`t mind they making a new Jak, but would rather they make a new IP and both Jak and UC go for another dev.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

Doesn't Naughty Dog have 2 teams now?

DonFerrari said:
I liked the trilogy and got 3 platinum. And wouldn`t mind they making a new Jak, but would rather they make a new IP and both Jak and UC go for another dev.

I think that would be ideal. If the rumors are true, Sony already gave Uncharted to teams at Sony San Diego and Sony San Mateo to co-develop. Jak can go to Insomniac's Ratchet and Clank team maybe, for alternating between the two. Naughty Dog can make that new sci-fi IP that has been rumored for awhile, hopefully without involvement from Druckmann. 

shikamaru317 said:

I think that would be ideal. If the rumors are true, Sony already gave Uncharted to teams at Sony San Diego and Sony San Mateo to co-develop. Jak can go to Insomniac's Ratchet and Clank team maybe, for alternating between the two. Naughty Dog can make that new sci-fi IP that has been rumored for awhile, hopefully without involvement from Druckmann. 

Why shouldn't they let their vice president and critically acclaimed director get involved in this project?

Xxain said:
Doesn't Naughty Dog have 2 teams now?

Yes and I don`t want either of them doing Jak.

shikamaru317 said:
DonFerrari said:

ND have been good at creating new IPs and some devs are good at following blueprint. I don`t think an UC from another dev will be as goods as the ones from ND, but ND can make an even better IP and for me UC finished with 4.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

So one team cant do Jak and other new IP?