By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console-WAR becomes Religion oO Meta in big criticism, needs new rules!

sales2099 said:
Angelus said:

No, their scores are based on the whole game, they just weren't allowed to speak on, or show, details from the second half of the game.

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying. That just creates more questions then answers. This really is like Star Wars Last Jedi with a clear disconnect between media and end users. 

Yes i agree with you,and i must say your contribution sounds more honest than others cause you are normally not that invested in Sony games.

Around the Network
Immersiveunreality said:
sales2099 said:

Ah I see, thanks for clarifying. That just creates more questions then answers. This really is like Star Wars Last Jedi with a clear disconnect between media and end users. 

Yes i agree with you,and i must say your contribution sounds more honest than others cause you are normally not that invested in Sony games.

Thank you. At times like this it doesn’t matter where I stand on consoles. When a beloved gaming IP is changed to suit the narratives of the few in charge at the expense of the end users who give their time and money, that’s something I feel I should speak up instead of just let it happen. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

RolStoppable said:
sales2099 said:

Thank you. At times like this it doesn’t matter where I stand on consoles. When a beloved gaming IP is changed to suit the narratives of the few in charge at the expense of the end users who give their time and money, that’s something I feel I should speak up instead of just let it happen. 

Gamers, regardless of the platform(s) they support, should unite when a beloved gaming IP gets dragged through the mud by its creators. It's only appropriate that we should review-bomb The Last of Us Part II hard.

Thread has come full circle. *fistbumps sales2099*

Good try.

But no,not anything is worth getting too hatefull or too much forced positive reviews.

I hear that metacritic not allowing low review user scores to upload. On a whim I tried and it’s locked in a forever processing command that never actually loads. Things getting fishy with certain implications of true.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
I hear that metacritic not allowing low review user scores to upload. On a whim I tried and it’s locked in a forever processing command that never actually loads. Things getting fishy with certain implications of true.

I tried to give the game a 10 and it did the same thing, so they are likely investigating what is a review bomb and what is actually from someone who reviewed the game.  They did this with BotW and Astral Chain when they got review bombed and removed the obvious trolls.  I expect the same thing to happen here.

And for the record, 10 is not my score.  I have not finished yet and cannot score it.  I am however enjoying it and figured I would just throw a 10 on there till then to counter the review bombs (as a 0 for this game is ridiculous).

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Quite frankly, I've long since stopped caring about user review scores on anything, simply because they are almost always filled with hyperbolic statements followed by either the worst or best possible ratings one can give. Naturally, there are people who actually put thought and effort into their reviews, but it's just too much hassle to try and find those exceptions from all the worthless one-sentence, profanity-laden "reviews" that sites like metacritic are full of.

Personally, I think the story for TLOU2 is horribly written from start to finish.

Spoiler!
The story loses focus, and trys hard to get you to care about someone who is unlikable, who is only in the story because some random NPC died at the very end of the first game. And then there's the whole thing about being attached to ellie and not wanting to sacrifice her for the world. Most people don't live to 100. I just think it's absolutely insane that one could be so selfish to live for another 20 years, best case scanario, and sacrifice the entire human race, just for some temporary enjoyment of one person. And that 20 years, in Joel's case, ended up being 4 years.

I didn't play the game, I watched parts of it on twitch. I don't know if there were any other immune people besides Ellie. Are they written into the story? how about have those people die because of the violence, and revenge Abby and Ellie are about if you REALLY wanna drive home your story about revenge is bad. That way, you don't feel so bad about Joel. I personally feel like him saving Ellie was the dumbest, stupidest thing he could do. He's seen people die. People die. Get over it. He's lost a daughter, Tess, his wife. You'd think eventually he'd be desensitized to it and wouldn't be so attached to Ellie. The whole pandemic changed his life, and not just Ellie, but millions of people have died because of it.

I don't care if it was me that was immune. I'll hop up on the table, just get the cure. No one lives forever, and who's to say we don't come back when it's all over. I certainly don't wanna have to pay for the consequences of my past life in my new one, because I left the world in a bad place. Anyway, yeah. I'm not going to get into that, because emotions get involved. I don't run on emotions when it comes to stuff like that. sacrifice one for 7 billion, or however many people there are on the planet after the plague, without a doubt.

AND... The ending.. what a let down. "Someone needs to be the bigger person and walk away." Whatever. The story is trash and gameplay is padded and offers no current gen gameplay. There's no reason this game couldn't have been produced on PS3, with the visuals turned down a bit. Looks pretty though. A solid 5/10 for me.

Spoiler Tag add ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 07 July 2020

I find it extremely sad that there is so much hatred for lesbians and gays too. I feel like the operators of Meta don't care about the unrealistic 0/1 hate ratings, the main thing is that their side gets attention.

When I read the The Last of Us 2-thread .. the majority are enthusiastic about the game. The strong quality, love to detail and gameplay / story sequences are particularly praised/impressive. After 49 hours of play: For me, the game - together with Persona 5 Royal (and maybe Ghost of Tsushima / Cyberpunk later) - is game of the year 2020, currently.

This is an old problem, TV shows and movies have the same issue. The biggest issue the way I see it is that legitimate criticism is bundled together with outright stupidity and spite, leading to entertainment products gaining a sort of amnesty against negative press. Implementing systems that disallow harsher reviews and low scores is just as problematic as potential review bombing; it creates a false sense of perception of and in various user bases and potential demographics. Just look at the sorry state of Rottentomatoes in the past few years, there's obviously something up with the professional scores on that site. Sometimes, a great discrepancy between professional review scores and personal user scores can actually signify a real lack of appreciation for the product, an earnest disappointment. It's not always about people just being childish and spiteful (but that does happen as well). If anything, products that are universally praised by reviewers and bashed by users seem to get by on sympathy; the companies can point to the hate or "hate" and play the victim card, further spurring publicity and sales, and perhaps even gaining sales in demographics that would otherwise simply walk on by. I mean, look at movies like The Joker and Captain Marvel, lots of people were buying tickets as some sort of political statement and mark of support.

Game journalism has taken the same downturn as other forms of journalism; the fusion of journalistic inquiry and the selling of clicks has made it a mere commodity to be traded, reviews seem to have taken the same route since a while back. The sale matters more than the integrity of the salesman, professional reviews are absolutely bonkers today, it's like a massive scale version of the often unfair weighting systems on app stores, momentum begets momentum and allows products to plow unhindered through criticism and often glaring flaws or obvious weaknesses.

An analysis showed: Without the more than 40,000 unfair 1/10 points in the first 48 hours, the meta game would be 8.5 in total. It's amazing how many people haven't played the game. Above all, the console war has become strong and Meta does NOTHING because clicks are important to them. Meta is not interested in neutral and honest reviews. The lesbian hatred is extremely sad. The developers even get death threats. I've played it through twice recently and have to say: it's the most emotional and perhaps best game of the entire generation. I've rarely been so impressed! The quality and graphics also look like the next generation. The Last of Us 2 is definitely a game I will remember in 20 years :)

My tip: play it yourself - these will be unforgettable evenings and nights! =)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 06 July 2020