By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console-WAR becomes Religion oO Meta in big criticism, needs new rules!

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
PS fan : last of US is getting review bombed

Same old vgchartz users: PS FANS ARE SHIT

RENT FREE in their heads!!!

Why do you think it’s mostly Xbox gamers? If you read them and not cherry pick, they are complaining about the story and Neil Druckman in general. An Xbox gamer has no reason to crap on Neil Druckman. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

https://twitter.com/gamergeekstodd/status/1274228192232996864?s=21

To any mods, this is because I won’t have my fan group be a scapegoat to all this. We are but spectators. The only way we can combat the narrative is to give examples.

With the link, the guy statistically being a Xbox fan is unlikely given the text language, doubly so doing a stream play through of LOU2.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

In my opinion, it’s all justified. TLOU2 even as far as gameplay goes is in no way revolutionary, evolutionary, or even better than the original unless it drastically gets better towards the end. I despise this game and I really think this is a bigger failure for the industry than anything gamergate was about. I might give it a 0 on metacritic if I feel this way at the end of it. FF7r has many flaws that I’m not afraid to talk about, but it was miles better in every way. This game is miserable and boring at the same time. GOTY is far away, but if this wins over FF7r it says a lot about the games industry.

TLOU Part II is definitely getting reviewed bombed but there are valid reasons why fans of the original feel would feel disappointed. However, it does seem like review bombing has been taken to another level, and it will be harder to distinguish honest criticism from a political agenda.

Its too bad we won't be able to get any meaningful discourse about it like the original.

kazuyamishima said:
Statements like“the scores are coming from fans that are displaced with the game” are far from the whole True when the minute the user score went live the review bombing started for a game that is 25-30 hours or more longer.

Around 6-7 hours into it, I can say that it’s improved in most ways compared to the original, hence there’s no explanation why people are just giving it 0/10 and 1/10 with only using the same words as “forced agenda” or “ND destroyed my childhood”

I was one of the many not happy about the leaks, but once you play it you can clearly see that ND put a lot of effort on it.
There are many crappy games that don’t have user scores so low as this game.

But at the end, user scores, troll or not, are just opinions.

This is my take on it too. 

The fans of the original, who are displeased with the sequel, aren't posting nonsensical 0/10 & 1/10 review scores. It seems in popular forums like the PS4 subreddit, there is a noticeable divisiveness, but it seems like the majority of people are enjoying it.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Because I had only played 3-4 hours of the game. How many hours have you played?

Should I pass judgement on the writing when I've barely started the game? That seems to be what a number of people are doing, considering the insane amount of user reviews that poured in 1 minute after the game launched. 
I've said before that I expect not to like this game. But I'm not in a hurry to make premature statements.

I'm talking in general of bad writing, that many others, who have already played the game, have pointed out.

I don't ened to see a movie, that's been critically panned and cited for "the writing was bad", to know it has bad writing, it does exist. Yes I've also watched movies with bad writing before, but ignored for various reasons, but I can accept that said film/comic/song/game can be badly written.

That one scene in particular, that's circling around the net for example, screams bad writing, if not borderline cringe inducing. Couldn't really care less if it's my opinion, but I know there are far better ways and mediums out there, that have doe better than that scene, and there wasn't any good reason why said directors/devs, couldn't make it as amazing as other films have done said scene before, no excuse. There's a reason why that scene is being meme'd and laughed at.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

kazuyamishima said:
Statements like“the scores are coming from fans that are displaced with the game” are far from the whole True when the minute the user score went live the review bombing started for a game that is 25-30 hours or more longer.

Around 6-7 hours into it, I can say that it’s improved in most ways compared to the original, hence there’s no explanation why people are just giving it 0/10 and 1/10 with only using the same words as “forced agenda” or “ND destroyed my childhood”

I was one of the many not happy about the leaks, but once you play it you can clearly see that ND put a lot of effort on it.
There are many crappy games that don’t have user scores so low as this game.

But at the end, user scores, troll or not, are just opinions.

The ones I find funny are they state the game is beautiful and the game play is great but they don't like the story and give it a 0/10 maybe they should just say why in my case I would give what I played a 9/10,my dislikes are not the diversity or the characters sexual mores, it is the heavy handed nature of how they handled it, so it comes across as we will adapt the game to our world view now there's nothing wrong with just causes and reflecting society's diversity but there are better ways to accomplish that while bringing the public along with you of cause you won't please everyone but if done right  shouldn't make it controversial  an example is The Last of Us where Bill was gay but it was used in a natural manner where Bill the person was the focus.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Does this kind of review bombing happen with every Sony release? I really don't recall it being so (correct me if I'm wrong), but if the reviews were because of Nintendo/Microsoft fans, you'd expect them to do it on all major Sony releases.

From my experience as a Nintendo fan, review bombing generally happens when the Nintendo fanbase is for some reason unhappy about something. Pokemon with the reduced national dex, or animal crossing due to its save file stuff. Don't know why we'd assume the negative reviews are from fans of other platforms. Scrolling through the first page of user reviews, nobody mentions Nintendo or Microsoft, but plenty mention the first game and how the franchise was "ruined".

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
sales2099 said:

Why do you think it’s mostly Xbox gamers? If you read them and not cherry pick, they are complaining about the story and Neil Druckman in general. An Xbox gamer has no reason to crap on Neil Druckman. 

You blind, drunk or smoked too Much of that good stuff?

First i didnt even talked about Xbox gamers second do you think i give three shits to bother to read What some loser that didnt even played the game as too say in their 0/10 "review"?

Well it seemed to have been implied. If you didn’t mean that then nm. Alone there is no reason to take a 0/10 seriously. That said if there’s a lot it can say there is something beneath the surface that official reviewers aren’t addressing. To that end I’d say it’s true. It’s not just trolling people are legit not happy. 

Religions are typically about establishing rituals and morality codes of conduct. I don't think outrage culture applies. Religions aren't any more about console wars than nations or cities are about console wars.

hinch said:

Salty fanboys and outrage culture. Its pathetic.

This is pretty much it. They take some trivial elements and launch a revolution... in the metacritic comment user review section.

As we know, it's a major issue. Animal Crossing New Horizons flopped because of these little Outraged Spartacuses.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 20 June 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.