Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console-WAR becomes Religion oO Meta in big criticism, needs new rules!

padib said:

@OP. If this were about console wars, then Horizon would not have an 8.4 meta userscore, Detroit would not have an 8.7, Dreams would not have an 8.8, Gravity Rush 2 an 8.0 and The Last Guardian an 7.9. You will always have some fanboys breaking the system for all games, on all systems, however what you're seeing here is way beyond that.

Many people are concerned with the direction the entertainment business is taking, breaking lores that have existed for decades, or forcing content that doesn't fit with the story to push an agenda. Agendas are good in politics, but when a game is made for a large audience in the spirit of gaming and artistic creation, divisive politics are not welcome.

My question for you is, what do you play your games for? Do you want to be playing a game that sends you subliminal messages that are pushes by the greatest megacorporations of this world, or do you just want to escape into a fantasy for one instant to forget all the bickering in the world?

To blame the whole thing on fanboyism is disingenuous, and you can do better. Something similar happened with The Last Jedi. No one that is thinking straight would suggest that it's the Star Trek fanboys that all congregated to bash it. Sure there will be some like that, but the problem is much greater than that, and goes beyond consoles and games. It's everywhere now. There is resentment of the way the megacorporations are controlling what we consume, and it's growing. 

100% agree.  That is why I am not buying the game.  They treated beloved characters like utter crap only to push their agenda



Around the Network

Remember when BotW and Astral Chain got review bombed and people said, "Maybe a lot of those are people who genuinely did not like the game?"

I remember...I also remember those review bombs not affecting my enjoyment of the game.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Chazore said:

What I'm getting from this is that you're right I'm wrong, and I'm to follow your thought out philosophical talk?.

Trying my hardest here not to be harsh, but the way you put it just rings like that to me. It also makes me question about "online friends", being "real friends", because I've not touched or seen their eyes, face to face, which stems greatly from my parents era of pov talk.

I don't disagree with the background part, but talk of having to be there in person, to "know them", in order to see it all, which I know is an impossibility, due to where these two are, and just that we don't hang out outside this site. 

I don't see that I'm right, and I don't think you're wrong. Parts of what you said resonated with me, because I read your posts, and I hope that maybe what I said showed you another way of seeing participation of folks on technical topics, we're just talking together.

I know what you mean, we can have an idea of each other here, and our posts reflect parts of us. I was just trying to help you see that there are parts of us that our posts can't show. One of us might be a millionaire philanthropist, but some might see him as an Xbox fanboy, maybe that was the case with someone. Others may be specialists who mostly lurk but post here and there, but their opinion is shrugged off because nobody knows who they are. I was trying to help you see my point of view, in that we all have portions of knowledge on different things, we all share, and in the end we let the best idea win, rather than the "best" poster. I always believed that.

If we don't do that, then less popular users would have a smaller voice even if what they're saying is totally true. Even worse, imagine they are an expert but people rejected them because they aren't this or that poster. I'm just showing you another view, and I think this view can help reduce campiness.



That 1/10 because it's only on Playstation is pretty valid. For the majority of gamers the game is so bad it's literally unplayable.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

padib said:

I don't see that I'm right, and I don't think you're wrong. Parts of what you said resonated with me, because I read your posts, and I hope that maybe what I said showed you another way of seeing participation of folks on technical topics, we're just talking together.

I know what you mean, we can have an idea of each other here, and our posts reflect parts of us. I was just trying to help you see that there are parts of us that our posts can't show. One of us might be a millionaire philanthropist, but some might see him as an Xbox fanboy, maybe that was the case with someone. Others may be specialists who mostly lurk but post here and there, but their opinion is shrugged off because nobody knows who they are. I was trying to help you see my point of view, in that we all have portions of knowledge on different things, we all share, and in the end we let the best idea win, rather than the "best" poster. I always believed that.

If we don't do that, then less popular users would have a smaller voice even if what they're saying is totally true. Even worse, imagine they are an expert but people rejected them because they aren't this or that poster. I'm just showing you another view, and I think this view can help reduce campiness.

I do see parts I can agree on, just not the parts where I have to be physically involved, in order to know someone, but what I can instead take at face value, with the information at hand, be it in the current time frame, or the past.

I'm not saying everyone should shut up now and forever though. I just want ppl to simmer down from the SSD focus, maybe go outside the site and learn more of how each part actually works, watch some dev kit design talks or game-makers toolkit, to give them an idea of what's going on. The sole marketing focus point, is what irks me, because that gets taken at face value, despite corps doing that deliberately on purpose and without entirely good intentions at that, and it creates this distortion of information. It's why we still, to this very day, have people that truly believe PC gaming is still somehow stuck in the 90's and never "evolved", and yet they couldn't be more wrong on that, but they take whatever some friend said or camp said as gospel, despite not reading outside those circles, and I found that to be an issue.

I take value in Pem/CGI, because they do offer some insight on here, that not many people take the time out of their lives to do so, that doesn't involve leaving the site, to go onto youtube and search through a load of vids, to get the answers those two can already provide, and it's great that they do this for us, and that's why I value what they bring to the table, and it's why you don't see me interjecting into what they say (unless I really wanted to go well out of my way to bring out the spongebob level dictionary/fact book)



                                       

Around the Network

PS fan : last of US is getting review bombed

Same old vgchartz users: PS FANS ARE SHIT

RENT FREE in their heads!!!



 

This situation reminds me of The Last Jedi where you had pretty great critics review score but had really poor user score. Having seen it myself, I personally agree with the poor user score to the point I questioned if the critics were watching the same movie since there's a difference between subverting expectations that enhances the experience and subverting expectations for the shitz that degrades the experience.

I haven't played this myself to say for sure but sometime's there's a bit of truth when there's such a huge discrepancy. But of course, it could also be a bunch of trolls.



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
PS fan : last of US is getting review bombed

Same old vgchartz users: PS FANS ARE SHIT

RENT FREE in their heads!!!

What are you on about?

Games get review bombed all the time, especially when divisive.  When it happens to Nintendo or XBox games, fans are told that most of them probably did not like the game and are allowed to have their opinions.  Then when it happens to a Sony game, comments like this come up...the double standard is comical.

Bottom line is that when this shit happens, just enjoy the game if you like it.  Review bombs did not stop BotW from being my game of the generation, nor will they stop me from enjoying TLoU2.  I will be starting the game tonight, and if I end up not liking it I can assure you that user reviews are not the reason why.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
PS fan : last of US is getting review bombed

Same old vgchartz users: PS FANS ARE SHIT

RENT FREE in their heads!!!

What are you on about?

Games get review bombed all the time, especially when divisive.  When it happens to Nintendo or XBox games, fans are told that most of them probably did not like the game and are allowed to have their opinions.  Then when it happens to a Sony game, comments like this come up...the double standard is comical.

Bottom line is that when this shit happens, just enjoy the game if you like it.  Review bombs did not stop BotW from being my game of the generation, nor will they stop me from enjoying TLoU2.  I will be starting the game tonight, and if I end up not liking it I can assure you that user reviews are not the reason why.

I dont know who the hell you talking to and why you quoted me , this review bombing has nothing to do with console wars or fans upset, its coming from a group we all know its been mentioned already here and we all know they didnt play shit.



 

Statements like“the scores are coming from fans that are displaced with the game” are far from the whole True when the minute the user score went live the review bombing started for a game that is 25-30 hours or more longer.

Around 6-7 hours into it, I can say that it’s improved in most ways compared to the original, hence there’s no explanation why people are just giving it 0/10 and 1/10 with only using the same words as “forced agenda” or “ND destroyed my childhood”

I was one of the many not happy about the leaks, but once you play it you can clearly see that ND put a lot of effort on it.
There are many crappy games that don’t have user scores so low as this game.

But at the end, user scores, troll or not, are just opinions.