By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - (POSSIBLE SPOILERS INSIDE) The agenda and political discussion of Naughty Dog

Have politics damaged the quality of ND games

No 39 41.94%

Yes 54 58.06%

Total:93
Dante9 said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah, well they did that in the first TLOU. They tried something different with TLOU2. I personally like that. I didnt really want a sequel to TLOU because I thought the ending was great. So I assumed TLOU2 would just continue the same way. It didnt and I now feel like theres a reason for the sequel.

Also the scenario I had in mind while playing would be worse than what they did. lol 

Spoiler!
I was scared that Ellie and Abby would hook up for some reason

Regarding your spoiler, that would actually have been very interesting. Think of the possibilities and complexities that could have led to, instead this lazy and simplistic revenge plot.

I dont agree with that, but to each their own.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
I've just finished the game, and I don't wanna straw-men people.

Why is there such political anger and things about this game? Is it really just the fact that Ellie is a Lesbian? We've known that for 6 years.
Or did people really not like Joel dying?
Or is it something else? I'm very curious.

Cant say for sure, but I think many people need a "hero" character. Someone to root for. This game doesnt really go for that.

I think that's pretty much the crux of the problem here.

Usually the job of sequels is to give fans more of the stuff that they liked, but I guess Druckmann decided to do something that hasn't really been done before. He *wanted* to get these negative feelings out of us. Very bold, I'll give him that.

Dante9 said:
KLXVER said:

Cant say for sure, but I think many people need a "hero" character. Someone to root for. This game doesnt really go for that.

I think that's pretty much the crux of the problem here.

Usually the job of sequels is to give fans more of the stuff that they liked, but I guess Druckmann decided to do something that hasn't really been done before. He *wanted* to get these negative feelings out of us. Very bold, I'll give him that.

True. I love that kinda stuff, so this game just seem tailormade for me

Hahahaha wait what, I've just read the leaks that came out weeks ago and people read that a trans woman kills Joel and Ellie 3 hours into the game and you spend the rest playing as her???

Big ooof on that one. This is why you don't read leaks.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Hahahaha wait what, I've just read the leaks that came out weeks ago and people read that a trans woman kills Joel and Ellie 3 hours into the game and you spend the rest playing as her???

Idk what leaks you read, but initial leaks were pretty much all accurate, and supported by videos & screenshots. The only parts that were inconclusive was 1) speculation over whether Abby is or isn't trans, and

Spoiler!

2) Whether what we now know is the first fight between Ellie and Abby was actually the very end of the game, and what actually happens to Ellie in the aftermath of being brutalized the way she was. 

The leaks were absolutely right about

Spoiler!

Joel getting killed by Abby very early in the game with a golf club

Abby being the daughter of one of the Firefly doctors Joel killed at the end of the first game

Ellie hunting down Abby for revenge

Jessie dying

Playing the latter half the game as Abby

Playing Abby in a fight where you beat the shit out of Ellie near the end of the game

Around the Network
Hynad said:
RolStoppable said:

Do you lack the spine to write out the names of the people you are calling out?

Get lost.

Rol just likes to stir the pot and cause shit. Best to ignore him, since he has nothing of value to say. 

And Rol, there's one name for your list. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Angelus said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Idk what leaks you read, but initial leaks were pretty much all accurate, and supported by videos & screenshots. The only parts that were inconclusive was 1) speculation over whether Abby is or isn't trans, and

Spoiler!

2) Whether what we now know is the first fight between Ellie and Abby was actually the very end of the game, and what actually happens to Ellie in the aftermath of being brutalized the way she was. 

The leaks were absolutely right about

Spoiler!

Joel getting killed by Abby very early in the game with a golf club

Abby being the daughter of one of the Firefly doctors Joel killed at the end of the first game

Ellie hunting down Abby for revenge

Jessie dying

Playing the latter half the game as Abby

Playing Abby in a fight where you beat the shit out of Ellie near the end of the game

Can confirm. The leaks were mostly all true which makes sense since they were cutscenes from the game. The leaks never sair you would play with abby all the time. One thing the leak got wrong is that abby was trans, but to be honest after the sex scene im not sure if she is really born female. 

Funny thing is that so many people thought the leaks were false because it all seemed to be just ridiculous. Little did we know.

Runa216 said:
Hynad said:

Get lost.

Rol just likes to stir the pot and cause shit. Best to ignore him, since he has nothing of value to say. 

And Rol, there's one name for your list. 

Already gave an in thread warning that this was derailing, which stopped this.  No need to jumpstart it back up.

Since the in thread warning was sufficient to stop things, the mods decided nothing further was necessary.

That being said, some reminders to avoid future issues.

Drive by posts are not ok.  Address arguments, not people. Being indirect about it doesn't change things.

If you think someone is violating forum rules, a reminder, if worded appropriately, is generally ok.  If they argue, then report it and mods will decide if it's a violation.

If a conversation has gotten to a point where you feel the need to report someone, then at that point, then after reporting the post, you should also stop replying.  

Just entered the second flashback and about 11h of game. So far the most "agenda" accusation that can be made against this game is that they chose a female lead, but considering she was part of the first game and what needed to be told about Joel was mostly told and also that we have male, female, white, black, asian, straight and LGBTIQ+ doing both good and bad acts I would say that ND until this point in the game have gave a fair portrayal without any glaring bias. Again the most "agenda" or sarkesian on this game is that it really have a diverse cast without having to justify them because well it is on post-contemporany USA so that is more or less the population that would be there.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:
Just entered the second flashback and about 11h of game. So far the most "agenda" accusation that can be made against this game is that they chose a female lead, but considering she was part of the first game and what needed to be told about Joel was mostly told and also that we have male, female, white, black, asian, straight and LGBTIQ+ doing both good and bad acts I would say that ND until this point in the game have gave a fair portrayal without any glaring bias. Again the most "agenda" or sarkesian on this game is that it really have a diverse cast without having to justify them because well it is on post-contemporany USA so that is more or less the population that would be there.

Idk man. After 25 hours it's clear there was a feminist led agenda. I don't really give a shit but it's there and I only care because ot effects established characters and also the writing and story. I won't go into spoilers but the males get the shaft, females are the "strong men" and besides for buff Abby, some of it is really just unbelievable. There is nothing wrong with this if that's the stroy they want to tell but they failed at making it believable, pushed way to hard and extended the game way too long. I'd not have thought secondly about it after the 15-20 hour mark but it pushes and pushes until the part of your brain that accepts it as real just explodes and you start to actively question what the fuck is happening here. 

Eh, maybe I'm a misogynist or some shit but I just can't beleive sone of these actions. Like a pregnant women out fighting Zombies and parkouring over buildings. 

I rwad Druckmann did this on purpose ans made the males fill the usual rolls a women would. It works in some areaa but it really doesn't in others and effects the writing and the male characters themselves. I wanna rail on what has been done to established characters and why new characters are pointless, to make this work but I don't want to spoil. 

Yeah, there comes a point where you start thinking that if this kind of an apocalypse really became a reality, things would quickly begin to fall under the rule of the most ruthless and powerful men, both physically and mentally. The Negan types. Anyone weaker than that would be at their mercy, women and children especially. That's just how it goes. Well, guns would level the playing field somewhat, but there are more men than women in fields that would be already familiar with guns and had access to them, like police, security, the military and whatnot. On the other hand, many of the men would certainly kill each other off in disputes over territory and resources, so I guess gradually it would fall on the women more and more to pick up a rifle and learn.