By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - (POSSIBLE SPOILERS INSIDE) The agenda and political discussion of Naughty Dog

Have politics damaged the quality of ND games

No 39 41.94%

Yes 54 58.06%

Total:93
Dante9 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
I can’t tell if the outrage is because of the inclusion and woke culture or people just disappointed in the horrible narrative.

It's overwhelmingly about the narrative. Even if every character in the game were just plain ol' heterosexuals and there were no political agendas whatsoever to be found, the way the beloved characters are treated is just massively disappointing and off-putting, especially after seven years of waiting. The whole dynamic that made the first game so well liked is completely obliterated in the sequel. It's weird, like either Druckmann doesn't understand what made the first game tick, or that he somehow became so overwhelmed by having to improve upon the former perfection that he imploded and found no other recourse than to deconstruct the whole thing. Like he knew he couldn't top what he had done before, so he decided to piss in the pool before the fans got to it first.

Maybe the Last of Us is one of those things that should have been a one-off, no sequels needed.

No it really isn`t. It have more negative reviews, on 0, than several games have as total and most of those even before the game could be played for more than couple minutes, that contrast with the scores on PSN where people had to play the game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Dante9 said:
Xxain said:

Ok. This is actually the best attempt at explaining the other side in the entire thread and I agree with 90%. I would much rather a black character be written to a character in the story vs written to be the token black character in the story. The originally Walking dead series by Telltale is a excellent example.

But how fucking childish and mentality under-developed do you have to be to have a video make you resent minorities? So video games are not responsible violence, but  can lead to minority resentment.

Ok. Noted.

That's one of the factors here, there are under-developed people who have prejudices against minorities to start with, and when this kind of crap is inserted into the gaming industry, it fans the flames even more for those people. They feel like the gays are coming to mess with their games and calling them names, and it's misdirected resentment because actually it's the companies who are stirring up trouble using minorities as their icons in order to make themselves look oh so good and virtuous.

One might argue, though, that the actual starting point is the loud minority of extreme social justice activists who these companies are trying to prove their holiness to, and that's how the whole cycle begins. So maybe in a way it *is* coming from the minorities, but one has to understand that these activist do not represent most members of said minorities, they are just so loud on Twitter and such places that it seems a much larger issue than it actually is, and the companies get roped into the mess that way, trying to please everyone, which is impossible.

Thanks for putting into words what I could not.

Dante9 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
I can’t tell if the outrage is because of the inclusion and woke culture or people just disappointed in the horrible narrative.

It's overwhelmingly about the narrative. Even if every character in the game were just plain ol' heterosexuals and there were no political agendas whatsoever to be found, the way the beloved characters are treated is just massively disappointing and off-putting, especially after seven years of waiting. The whole dynamic that made the first game so well liked is completely obliterated in the sequel. It's weird, like either Druckmann doesn't understand what made the first game tick, or that he somehow became so overwhelmed by having to improve upon the former perfection that he imploded and found no other recourse than to deconstruct the whole thing. Like he knew he couldn't top what he had done before, so he decided to piss in the pool before the fans got to it first.

Maybe the Last of Us is one of those things that should have been a one-off, no sequels needed.

I have been talking to several people about it and while I agree we should not have a sequel, it's actually a very good setting to have a prequel, since 20 years have passed in that world. Tess is such an amazing character and we can sense in the first game they have been through a lot to survive and probably had a relationship at some point. Would be interesting to see how was that world only 2-5 years after the breakdown for example.

ANyway.. what's done is done.

The most vocal detractors of the game here are people who haven’t played and don’t intend to play the game.
And they keep regurgitating their diatribe left and right on the forums.
If the game has an agenda, it pales in comparison.

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

The most vocal detractors of the game here are people who haven’t played and don’t intend to play the game.
And they keep regurgitating their diatribe left and right on the forums.
If the game has an agenda, it pales in comparison.

We need names, Hynad.

I assumed you’d be smart enough to figure them out yourself. 

Maybe I was wrong. Or maybe your own partiality is interfering.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

I assumed you’d be smart enough to figure them out yourself. 

Maybe I was wrong. Or maybe your own partiality is interfering.

Do you lack the spine to write out the names of the people you are calling out?

Get lost.

Please no bickering

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Get lost.

That too is a way to give a clear answer to my question.

Clear answer: I owe you nothing, and won’t give you the pleasure of falling for your little game. Go harass someone else.

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Clear answer: I owe you nothing, and won’t give you the pleasure of falling for your little game. Go harass someone else.

Right, you make a generalized drive-by post, get asked for names and then talk about getting harassed.

I seem to have struck a nerve.

So, you know what they say.

If the hat fits...

RolStoppable said:
Hynad said:

Right, you make a generalized drive-by post, get asked for names and then talk about getting harassed.

its a lot easier than a counter argument. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.