6 11 28.95%

7 1 2.63%

8 2 5.26%

9 5 13.16%

10 9 23.68%

Total:38
DonFerrari said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Jesus Fuck I can't even play this game. My PS4 Pro keeps fucking up. I don't know whether it's the game, or my system, but the amount of animation bugs in this game is ungodly. I've updated my system OS, replaced the disk with another copy, uninstalled, and reinstalled the whole game. Nothing fixes it. The only thing I have left to do is reformat my entire HDD, and then reinitialize the system. But I don't want to go through the hassle. Just let me play the fucking game!

So I'm just posting here to ask if anybody else is having these horrible animation glitches. My Pro is just 1.5 years old so it should be working fine.

I don't have any issues like that with my Pro, but before formating try to do the recompilation or something like that of your library.

Forgot my HDD was from my old PS4, which my old roommate cooked. Started hearing the telltale clinks and clunks of a dying drive. Just bought a 1TB SSD for my Pro. Hopefully this gets it working again. Installing system software now.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
DonFerrari said:

I don't have any issues like that with my Pro, but before formating try to do the recompilation or something like that of your library.

Forgot my HDD was from my old PS4, which my old roommate cooked. Started hearing the telltale clinks and clunks of a dying drive. Just bought a 1TB SSD for my Pro. Hopefully this gets it working again. Installing system software now.

Good luck and hope you enjoy the game. I'm about 6h in and liking it so far, and the day-to-day conversation seems fine and expected for newly couple.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Just completed the game. It took me a bit over 27 hours. I'd rate it a 9/9.5 out of 10.

Absolutely incredible experience!

The best word to describe this game is intense.

I'm amazed by how ND handled combat in Part II; Those guys took the survival horror genre to a new level IMO.

So far, I am loving the intensity and the feeling of desperation the game gives. Part is superior in all aspects in regards to the original game.

It's also the most gruesome game I've ever played when it comes to cruelty of killing. Something in the way enemies scream and ask for help when they are about to die, gives me chills. The small things that ND additioned like shooting when crouched, silencers, breakings glasses to acess areas, dogs and enemies that beg for help and call each other by name when they die, just makes the overall experience much more immersive. TLoU Part II is a masterpiece in terms of ambientation.

zumnupy10 said:
The best word to describe this game is intense.

I'm amazed by how ND handled combat in Part II; Those guys took the survival horror genre to a new level IMO.

So far, I am loving the intensity and the feeling of desperation the game gives. Part is superior in all aspects in regards to the original game.

It's also the most gruesome game I've ever played when it comes to cruelty of killing. Something in the way enemies scream and ask for help when they are about to die, gives me chills. The small things that ND additioned like shooting when crouched, silencers, breakings glasses to acess areas, dogs and enemies that beg for help and call each other by name when they die, just makes the overall experience much more immersive. TLoU Part II is a masterpiece in terms of ambientation.

Yep and that is the trumph the storytelling in gaming have over other media, it can make you very immersed and feel the emotions of the protagonist on a deeper level.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network

Ok, I've played 2h. I liked it so far.

Of course I can't say much because I've only played 2h, so I can't comment on story, but I can comment on other things, including script. I also can make a comparison with the first 2h of the first game (or any other game).

It's difficult to get truly impressed by the first hours of game. Spider-man is a loved game and I was kinda confused with the action in the first two hours. Both TLOU and Part II were absolutely brilliant though. But in many aspects, Part 2 is better. This is among the best introduction experience I've had in any game so far:

Direction and acting is incredible: the first one was already something else, but this one have the benefits of current gen tech and it's just brilliant. I don't remember seeing acting like this in any other game. I'd say that it surpass God of War.

Sound, music: The best I've ever heard. The music and the sound effects truly adds emotion and it feels like top notch cinema. Their voices, general sounds are spectacular to a point that you really feel you're there hearing that. The way the monsters express pain is above anything else I've experienced. It's a game that you must play on headphones.

Combat, gameplay: It's been flawless so far. It's still a sort of a minimalist combat, but less PS3 cheesy button hit. The improvement is great. I've got no complaints. They added jump and I don't know how I feel about it tbh.

The result is an immersion feeling that I've never experienced before. They truly have mastered the concept of immersion. The first game had that too, of course, and it was superior than any other PS3 game in my opinion. They did it again, but 10x better.

Now the part I didn't like so far: (THERE'S a ONE WORD MINOR SPOILER)

The naive background is gone: The first game is a sort of a surviving mission built on a tragedy. Part 1 had a simple and even naive introduction and the only thing that grew out of that was combat and the relationship between the characters. That was the best thing that set that game apart in my opinion. How can you make a great story, a great script out of a simple background and a very conventional mission? They did it. Part I feels like a superb theatre performance.

Part II is more like current cinema though. The introduction now has romance, drama and small talk. It also has a song. The characters talk about dating, boyfriends, girlfriends, jealousy and even a

Spoiler!
pregnancy

situation. The drama seems to be also in the teen drama side. As far as I could see, they're gone with older adults and that bothers me.

Script and conversation: The first game started in a serious tone, short dialogues, adult conversation. They focused on the mission. It was simpler and efficient. Part II starts romantic and on the teenager/young adult side of that. Characters are more relaxed than on the first game (of course, they have a community now) and that opens the game to small talk and what seems to be unimportant drama. Again the brilliance of the simple tone of the first game is gone. If the first game starts like "Lord of the Rings", this one is "Game of Thrones". If the first one starts like the first season of "Walking Dead", this one is "The 100" or any other fiction series for younger audiences. The same applies to family friendliness. The first as Lord of the Rings could be played with your grandma with you. The second game on the other hand has characters shouting "What the f***" to children. The script is vulgar, but like all Hollywood films and TV currently is and that's a bummer for me.

Again I only played 2 hours so my opinions may change and I can't put a number of stars to this game yet.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

0D0 said:

Ok, I've played 2h. I liked it so far.

Of course I can't say much because I've only played 2h, so I can't comment on story, but I can comment on other things, including script. I also can make a comparison with the first 2h of the first game (or any other game).

It's difficult to get truly impressed by the first hours of game. Spider-man is a loved game and I was kinda confused with the action in the first two hours. Both TLOU and Part II were absolutely brilliant though. But in many aspects, Part 2 is better. This is among the best introduction experience I've had in any game so far:

Direction and acting is incredible: the first one was already something else, but this one have the benefits of current gen tech and it's just brilliant. I don't remember seeing acting like this in any other game. I'd say that it surpass God of War.

Sound, music: The best I've ever heard. The music and the sound effects truly adds emotion and it feels like top notch cinema. Their voices, general sounds are spectacular to a point that you really feel you're there hearing that. The way the monsters express pain is above anything else I've experienced. It's a game that you must play on headphones.

Combat, gameplay: It's been flawless so far. It's still a sort of a minimalist combat, but less PS3 cheesy button hit. The improvement is great. I've got no complaints. They added jump and I don't know how I feel about it tbh.

The result is an immersion feeling that I've never experienced before. They truly have mastered the concept of immersion. The first game had that too, of course, and it was superior than any other PS3 game in my opinion. They did it again, but 10x better.

Now the part I didn't like so far: (THERE'S a ONE WORD MINOR SPOILER)

The naive background is gone: The first game is a sort of a surviving mission built on a tragedy. Part 1 had a simple and even naive introduction and the only thing that grew out of that was combat and the relationship between the characters. That was the best thing that set that game apart in my opinion. How can you make a great story, a great script out of a simple background and a very conventional mission? They did it. Part I feels like a superb theatre performance.

Part II is more like current cinema though. The introduction now has romance, drama and small talk. It also has a song. The characters talk about dating, boyfriends, girlfriends, jealousy and even a

Spoiler!
pregnancy

situation. The drama seems to be also in the teen drama side. As far as I could see, they're gone with older adults and that bothers me.

Script and conversation: The first game started in a serious tone, short dialogues, adult conversation. They focused on the mission. It was simpler and efficient. Part II starts romantic and on the teenager/young adult side of that. Characters are more relaxed than on the first game (of course, they have a community now) and that opens the game to small talk and what seems to be unimportant drama. Again the brilliance of the simple tone of the first game is gone. If the first game starts like "Lord of the Rings", this one is "Game of Thrones". If the first one starts like the first season of "Walking Dead", this one is "The 100" or any other fiction series for younger audiences. The same applies to family friendliness. The first as Lord of the Rings could be played with your grandma with you. The second game on the other hand has characters shouting "What the f***" to children. The script is vulgar, but like all Hollywood films and TV currently is and that's a bummer for me.

Again I only played 2 hours so my opinions may change and I can't put a number of stars to this game yet.

Seems pretty much spot on, and it will be similar carried until 10th hour at least (that is more or less the mark I`m). The protagonist is a teen on a new relationship so of course most of the mundane conversation will gravitate towards their relationship.

Despite the story that is not much to my liking,i still think that leaking a game should always be frowned upon and it has discredited the immense work that has been put into this game.

EnricoPallazzo said:
DonFerrari said:

You play with Joel on the start of the game already, didn`t see any promise of even playing with him, much less playing a significant portion of the game. In fact there was fan outrage until the previous year because Joel wasn`t being show at any moment when they presented TLOU2, including in the E3 were we had the outburst of the lesbian dance and several scenes of gameplay with Ellie.

Sure I would prefer to play as Joel than Ellie and don`t even mind if Dina didn`t exist, but that was never the way the game was portrayed to be.

Well if you think it's alright for marketing for games to advertise games this way then, good for you I think. 

Just as a note, and an opinion./

Even from the very first trailer, there were strong rumors that the Joel in the house is just a figment of her imagination. That Joel is somehow dead, and that's why they never actually show his face.

For the opinion portion of my post, I don't even know why you'd want to play as a character whose story is over. It's quite clear in TLOUs ending that Joel's story is over, specifically because Ellie knows he's lying. 

John2290 said:
I hope this game gets fast delivery on PS5 with a directors cut, I can really see thia working if the story was reordered. It wouldn't help some of the bad aspects but it would help a lot, there is a real problem in the way it's put together. It's the only way I can see this game rising over a 7 for me.

I really don't see any of the problems you've mentioned in the story in any of your many posts about how it's confusing or stupid.