Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My GameCube Collection is now worth $1325.

drbunnig said:
Are Eternal Darkness and Super Mario Sunshine really worth over $70 each?

I guess so. Eternal Darkness is pretty good but it's aged. Insanity meter is still awesome though.

@OP

I just priced out my collection. My copy of Fire Emblem: PoR was stolen from me by a former friend about a decade ago and when I asked him about it, he stopped talking to me and blocked me on all social media.

My collection is valued at 1,380 but including my 2 GCN's, 4 GCN branded controllers, Game Boy Player w/disc, GBA-GCN Link cables and 2 1019 block memory cards, it's over 1800. If I still had FE, it'd be over 2000 dollars.

I don't even care about the value of the game, it's just that it was one of my favorite GameCube games. :(

Around the Network
drbunnig said:

Damn,just checked seconhand and that was 60 euros.

Immersiveunreality said:
drbunnig said:

Damn,just checked seconhand and that was 60 euros.

You can buy Eternal Darkness for 15 - 20 Euros, shipping included:

I've spent the past hour pricing out my whole collection according to that site. Pls hlp:

https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?seller=722mxtdml42qf5d3mb23d2mqb4&status=collection

5629.05 USD

EDIT:

5684.04 USD

I forgot my Gold Pokemon Center NYC GBA.

Last edited by Snesboy - on 20 June 2020

Meanwhile i give most of my stuff away,if someone wants almost free jrpgs then you can get bravely default,dragon quest 7,dragon quest 8 for the 3ds if you just pay shipping cost.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Gamestop will give you $4.25

But $5.75 if you are a pro member!

It only worth something if you have managed to sell it. I can say that mine worth 7500-8000€, but so far it just occupy a room and the time it takes to sell one item at a decent price is between 3 days and 2 years.

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

Amnesia said:
It only worth something if you have managed to sell it. I can say that mine worth 7500-8000€, but so far it just occupy a room and the time it takes to sell one item at a decent price is between 3 days and 2 years.

Yeah, almost everytime I sold an old game/DVD/Blu-ray on eBay or Amazon Marketplace for around €20 - €30, I asked myself if the time and effort spent for that was worth it.

Researching the 2nd hand worth, writing a small text, answering questions, checking incoming payments, wrapping up the game, addressing the mail, driving to the post office/mailbox all add up. Some of these are only optional, but you'll probably spend at least 30 minutes in total, in some cases over an hour.

Nice!!! I really need to add my collection to PriceCharting. I only have 27 GCN games at the moment, but several of them are a little pricier. FE: Path of Radiance is up there right now.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: First Look! RetroTINK 2X Multiformat Preview - Bit-Sized, Episode 5

Conina said:
Amnesia said:

Yeah, almost everytime I sold an old game/DVD/Blu-ray on eBay or Amazon Marketplace for around €20 - €30, I asked myself if the time and effort spent for that was worth it.

Researching the 2nd hand worth, writing a small text, answering questions, checking incoming payments, wrapping up the game, addressing the mail, driving to the post office/mailbox all add up. Some of these are only optional, but you'll probably spend at least 30 minutes in total, in some cases over an hour.

I have given up with this and I am now investing in the stock market. I managed to obtain in 3 months, what I have earned with retro game reselling in 1,5 years.

Important to precise: yes you can make a lot of money with trading on the stock market, but it is a myth, the idea that you can make a lot by doing nothing. If you want to be efficient and not be in a risk of losing money, you need to be constantly watching the graphics and transactions. It is time consuming and it is an activity of parasite.

Here is my only one game currently in sale, I try to push the price by providing nice service and pictures. But this PAL Secret of Mana, even in negative margin I struggle to sell it.

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/Secret-of-Mana-Super-Nintendo-SNES-en-boite-Bon-etat-Francais/114242574941

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TI MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary