By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My GameCube Collection is now worth $1325.

That's more than each game was worth at checkout, on average, when the games were brand new in the store in 2001-2006. I have 26 GameCube games. 1325/26 = $50! It's mostly because Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, and Skies of Arcadia are insanely expensive these days. I had no idea. Just wanted to price my collection. I only paid $80 for Fire Emblem 8 years ago. Paid $16 for Paper Mario TTYD!!!

https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?seller=z7k4dvglkmyknuh74nsmqtjoeq&status=collection

How much is your collection worth?

Edit: An old pic I found from back when I had less games. :P

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 18 June 2020

Around the Network

Are Eternal Darkness and Super Mario Sunshine really worth over $70 each?



I think European versions are worth less.

i have around 50 games, Nintendo ones in both normal and select edition, mostly sealed but I don't think it is worth as much



Switch!!!

drbunnig said:
Are Eternal Darkness and Super Mario Sunshine really worth over $70 each?

For now, yes. Both games seem to have shot up in price in the last couple months. They used to be around $40-$50. Perhaps they'll fall back down. Perhaps they'll stay insanely expensive.

On each game's page, on pricecharting.com, there's a chart that goes over the historical prices of the game. CIB = Complete In Box. So just click on that at the top of the price chart.

https://www.pricecharting.com/game/gamecube/super-mario-sunshine



Gamestop will give you $4.25



Around the Network

Didn't realize skies was worth 140$ mines in like new condition too though I will never sell my copy.
I also have baten kaitos 1&2, tales of symphonia, and fire emblem.



Cerebralbore101 said:

That's more than each game was worth at checkout, on average, when the games were brand new in the store in 2001-2006. I have 26 GameCube games. 1325/26 = $50! It's mostly because Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, and Skies of Arcadia are insanely expensive these days. I had no idea. Just wanted to price my collection. I only paid $80 for Fire Emblem 8 years ago. Paid $16 for Paper Mario TTYD!!!

https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?seller=z7k4dvglkmyknuh74nsmqtjoeq&status=collection

How much is your collection worth?

Your collection is nice, you have some really good games there. No wind waker, sticking to the WiiU version?



padib said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

That's more than each game was worth at checkout, on average, when the games were brand new in the store in 2001-2006. I have 26 GameCube games. 1325/26 = $50! It's mostly because Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, and Skies of Arcadia are insanely expensive these days. I had no idea. Just wanted to price my collection. I only paid $80 for Fire Emblem 8 years ago. Paid $16 for Paper Mario TTYD!!!

https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?seller=z7k4dvglkmyknuh74nsmqtjoeq&status=collection

How much is your collection worth?

Your collection is nice, you have some really good games there. No wind waker, sticking to the WiiU version?

Thanks! Yep. Wii U version is just better in every way.



Sounds like normal Nintendo game price progression to me.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I have always wanted to try Baten kaitos, I didn’t know they were monolith games until way after GameCube was long gone. Maybe someday they will get ported to something else.

I also have skies of Arcadia and fire emblem... so hurray for me.