By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - United States should downsize the population by ending all immigration and creating incentives for having fewer kids.

 

Should united states downsize it's population.

Yes 14 18.67%
 
No 59 78.67%
 
Maybe 2 2.67%
 
Total:75
vivster said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I think there should be more focus on adoption instead of the breeding just for tradition because the family expects purebloods.
Too many population already,we should support the children without parents much more and look after them.

Or even better, undemonize abortions so that some abandoned children stop happening in the first place.

You wouldn't even need to go that far. Undemonise sex and actually teach kids about contraception and you wouldn't even have so much demand for abortions.



Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:

Or even better, undemonize abortions so that some abandoned children stop happening in the first place.

You wouldn't even need to go that far. Undemonise sex and actually teach kids about contraception and you wouldn't even have so much demand for abortions.

That too, but for that all of the worlds' societies will have to change. So terrible how something as banal as sex is treated like sacrilege, something children need to be protected from, rather than taught.

Still, abortions are a very useful tool and should be as quick, cheap and normal as regular visits to the gynocologist.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

EnricoPallazzo said:
You think US is overpopulated?
Now just look at UK population and area...

Or go to the Benelux...



Bofferbrauer2 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:
You think US is overpopulated?
Now just look at UK population and area...

Or go to the Benelux...

Yes,the center of Europe and a giant populated area.

Sometimes i feel like we live in one big city without nature spread acros different counttries and that is partly true.



Immersiveunreality said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Or go to the Benelux...

Yes,the center of Europe and a giant populated area.

Sometimes i feel like we live in one big city without nature spread acros different counttries and that is partly true.

That's actually not false and called a Megalocity. The Northeast Megalocity, formerly known as BosWash, is one of these urban sprawls that don't seem to end.

Btw, the one that goes through western Europe from northern Italy to the UK is nicknamed the Blue Banana and has about 130M inhabitants: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Banana

I do get why somebody would think the US as overpopulated however: Most people live in big urban aeras. If you add up the Megalocities of Northeast, Great Lakes, Southern California, Texas triangle, Florida Paddle and Piedmont Atlantic, you get an urban aera of 190M inhabitants, over half the population of the US (though Great Lakes also includes some Canadian cities). The problem is that in between these large sprawls there's huge amounts of empty spaces and nothingness, which doesn't exactly exist in Europe, that pull the population per square kilometer way down the list.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 15 June 2020

Around the Network

What an awful idea.



newwil7l said:

What an awful idea.

Actually, I've been thinking about it more and we should have a trade in program. Trade all the shitty people or people who don't want to be here with other Countries. I actually like a lot of the hard working immigrants who contribute to society. This way we can keep the population growth at a minimum while attracting the best people around the world and giving them the best chance at life.

I still think we have to find a way to stop growing because automation will destroy a lot of jobs especially the basic ones.



Snoopy said:
newwil7l said:

What an awful idea.

Actually, I've been thinking about it more and we should have a trade in program. Trade all the shitty people or people who don't want to be here with other Countries. I actually like a lot of the hard working immigrants who contribute to society. This way we can keep the population growth at a minimum while attracting the best people around the world and giving them the best chance at life.

I still think we have to find a way to stop growing because automation will destroy a lot of jobs especially the basic ones.

Decreasing the population will not solve income inequality. The economy grows and shrinks with the amount of people. A time will come where automation reached a point where people will find no work anymore, no matter how many or few people there are.

You seem to not understand that the amount of jobs available correlates with the number of people who need services. If you decrease population size, the available jobs you want to give to the remaining people will also vanish. Meaning unemployment rate will stay roughly the same.

The only way to solve the future inevitable rising unemployment rate is redistribution of wealth. Something that the US is notoriously bad at. There is plenty of money and resources around to manage even with a rising population. The problem is the concentration of resources on very few people.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

EnricoPallazzo said:
You think US is overpopulated?
Now just look at UK population and area...

We as a country aren't really overpopulated. The numbers are kinda skewed because of just how big London is.

London alone holds 15-20% of our entire population. Outside of a few other large cities (Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow), it's not really all that bad. We have so much land that's not being used and so much potential in the North that's being ignored by the money men down South.

London is overpopulated. The rest of the UK is fine.



                            

Snoopy said:
newwil7l said:

What an awful idea.

Actually, I've been thinking about it more and we should have a trade in program. Trade all the shitty people or people who don't want to be here with other Countries. I actually like a lot of the hard working immigrants who contribute to society. This way we can keep the population growth at a minimum while attracting the best people around the world and giving them the best chance at life.

I still think we have to find a way to stop growing because automation will destroy a lot of jobs especially the basic ones.

Yeah, sending all of your immigrants to Europe would help keep your population low