By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - United States should downsize the population by ending all immigration and creating incentives for having fewer kids.

Should united states downsize it's population.

Yes 14 18.67%

No 59 78.67%

Maybe 2 2.67%

Total:75
Cyran said:
Snoopy said:

Most women tend to benefit from this situation. Women and men should have to a hold a job and not just one person after a divorce. Also there shouldn't be any alimony as well. The only thing that each owe is money for the Child.

Well in order to properly respond to that would need to go way off topic since now we getting into why Men are more likely to have a higher paying job and why historically woman been asked to make sacrifices raising a family that men was not.  Instead I just suggest that if there was equality in the work force you would find that the current laws would not benefit Woman more then Men. 

That being said as the Trend of more woman in the workforce have continued the trend toward more and more woman paying Alimony have also happen as expected. 

My personal thoughts on Alimony is it very situation.  For example if 2 people with careers got married and have children then as a couple they decide one of the parents should give up there career to stay home and raise the children because they decide it what best for the children then I think it more then fair for the person that gave up there career for the family to receive Alimony in the case of a divorce.

On the other hands, there no children in the equation and there was no career sacrifices made for the benefit of the marriage then Alimony probably is not appropriate.

Either way you should of known the law when you signed the marriage licence and if you disagreed with aspects of the law you should of gotten a A prenuptial agreement.

A prenup is toilet paper in a lot of situations.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Cyran said:

Well in order to properly respond to that would need to go way off topic since now we getting into why Men are more likely to have a higher paying job and why historically woman been asked to make sacrifices raising a family that men was not.  Instead I just suggest that if there was equality in the work force you would find that the current laws would not benefit Woman more then Men. 

That being said as the Trend of more woman in the workforce have continued the trend toward more and more woman paying Alimony have also happen as expected. 

My personal thoughts on Alimony is it very situation.  For example if 2 people with careers got married and have children then as a couple they decide one of the parents should give up there career to stay home and raise the children because they decide it what best for the children then I think it more then fair for the person that gave up there career for the family to receive Alimony in the case of a divorce.

On the other hands, there no children in the equation and there was no career sacrifices made for the benefit of the marriage then Alimony probably is not appropriate.

Either way you should of known the law when you signed the marriage licence and if you disagreed with aspects of the law you should of gotten a A prenuptial agreement.

Fair enough, it mainly design to protect money/possession you had before marriage, stuff you earn and bought while married it not going to be protected.  Either way back to topic I doubt changing divorce laws going to impact birth rates in USA.

Cyran said:
Snoopy said:

Fair enough, it mainly design to protect money/possession you had before marriage, stuff you earn and bought while married it not going to be protected.  Either way back to topic I doubt changing divorce laws going to impact birth rates in USA.

Say that to all the men and women who sit there and have kids with multiple partners without any consideration for the well being of the kids or the citizens who have to pick up after them.

CuCabeludo said:

It's bad because currently, the pension system is a Ponzy scheme where the working population funds the pensions of the retirees. If the working population shrinks while more people apply for retirement, it means either the shrinking working population will have to be taxed more or the retirees will suffer large cuts in their retirement benefits.

The younger generation may not have jobs in the first place because of automation. Which means we have to have more money to support them.

Snoopy said:
Cyran said:

Say that to all the men and women who sit there and have kids with multiple partners without any consideration for the well being of the kids or the citizens who have to pick up after them.

I fail to see how changing divorce law would have any affect on woman having children with multiple partners they not even married too.

Around the Network

I don't see the need. The U.S. fertility rate is 1.7. Even if there will still be clear growth for a while, growth will not be rampant. The U.S. will likely not hit a population of 500 million, let alone exceed 1 billion like China and India.
There's plenty of resources in America. It's just certain people (even middle-class at times) that waste or hoard resources or don't need them other than just because.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Cyran said:
Snoopy said:

I fail to see how changing divorce law would have any affect on woman having children with multiple partners they not even married too.

If women don't pay any child support or caught abusing their kids, they need to be thrown in jail where they won't be able to reproduce or hurt anymore innocent children. Same goes for men.

Snoopy said:
Cyran said:

If women don't pay any child support or caught abusing their kids, they need to be thrown in jail where they won't be able to reproduce or hurt anymore innocent children. Same goes for men.

You dont seem to be following a coherent set of thoughts, its all just word vomit that has nothing to do with the topic you started.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Snoopy said:
Cyran said:

Because... being in jail will help them pay child support?  Wouldn’t garnishing their wages be a more effective solution?  

zorg1000 said:
Snoopy said:

You dont seem to be following a coherent set of thoughts, its all just word vomit that has nothing to do with the topic you started.

True, he seems to be taking his own thread off the rails... he isn’t even trying to defend his op at all... just going down the tangent rabbit hole...