By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - United States should downsize the population by ending all immigration and creating incentives for having fewer kids.

 

Should united states downsize it's population.

Yes 14 18.67%
 
No 59 78.67%
 
Maybe 2 2.67%
 
Total:75

I don't see the need. The U.S. fertility rate is 1.7. Even if there will still be clear growth for a while, growth will not be rampant. The U.S. will likely not hit a population of 500 million, let alone exceed 1 billion like China and India.
There's plenty of resources in America. It's just certain people (even middle-class at times) that waste or hoard resources or don't need them other than just because.



Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 125 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 122 mil (was 100 then 130 million) Xbox One: 50 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Cyran said:
Snoopy said:

Say that to all the men and women who sit there and have kids with multiple partners without any consideration for the well being of the kids or the citizens who have to pick up after them.

I fail to see how changing divorce law would have any affect on woman having children with multiple partners they not even married too.

If women don't pay any child support or caught abusing their kids, they need to be thrown in jail where they won't be able to reproduce or hurt anymore innocent children. Same goes for men.



Snoopy said:
Cyran said:

I fail to see how changing divorce law would have any affect on woman having children with multiple partners they not even married too.

If women don't pay any child support or caught abusing their kids, they need to be thrown in jail where they won't be able to reproduce or hurt anymore innocent children. Same goes for men.

You dont seem to be following a coherent set of thoughts, its all just word vomit that has nothing to do with the topic you started.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Snoopy said:
Cyran said:

I fail to see how changing divorce law would have any affect on woman having children with multiple partners they not even married too.

If women don't pay any child support or caught abusing their kids, they need to be thrown in jail where they won't be able to reproduce or hurt anymore innocent children. Same goes for men.

Because... being in jail will help them pay child support?  Wouldn’t garnishing their wages be a more effective solution?  



zorg1000 said:
Snoopy said:

If women don't pay any child support or caught abusing their kids, they need to be thrown in jail where they won't be able to reproduce or hurt anymore innocent children. Same goes for men.

You dont seem to be following a coherent set of thoughts, its all just word vomit that has nothing to do with the topic you started.

True, he seems to be taking his own thread off the rails... he isn’t even trying to defend his op at all... just going down the tangent rabbit hole...



Around the Network
gergroy said:
Snoopy said:

If women don't pay any child support or caught abusing their kids, they need to be thrown in jail where they won't be able to reproduce or hurt anymore innocent children. Same goes for men.

Because... being in jail will help them pay child support?  Wouldn’t garnishing their wages be a more effective solution?  

Easier said than done. They will start getting paid under the table or won't look for a job.



Snoopy said:
gergroy said:

Because... being in jail will help them pay child support?  Wouldn’t garnishing their wages be a more effective solution?  

Easier said than done. They will start getting paid under the table or won't look for a job.

And that would make their life easier how?  How is that a likely solution for somebody in that situation?  How many people, realistically, do you think would even fall into that category?  I would guess statistically your looking at number close to 0. People don’t just go live off the grid so they dont have to pay child support.  



Immersiveunreality said:

I think there should be more focus on adoption instead of the breeding just for tradition because the family expects purebloods.
Too many population already,we should support the children without parents much more and look after them.

Or even better, undemonize abortions so that some abandoned children stop happening in the first place.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

You think US is overpopulated?
Now just look at UK population and area...



vivster said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I think there should be more focus on adoption instead of the breeding just for tradition because the family expects purebloods.
Too many population already,we should support the children without parents much more and look after them.

Or even better, undemonize abortions so that some abandoned children stop happening in the first place.

True and so hard to accomplish with religion still being so important and traditional in many parts of the world.