By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your mind, what will the Xbox SX conference have to do to beat the PS5 conference?

Tagged games:

Answer the damned question!

Fantastic games 65 51.18%

100% backwards compatible with every Xbox 3 2.36%

VR Support 3 2.36%

Shockingly low price 21 16.54%

There's NOTHING they can do 31 24.41%

Other (please explain) 4 3.15%

Total:127
Dgc1808 said:
sales2099 said:

How is it off the table? You mean you believe in exclusives in the traditional sense in that it only belongs on one platform? Then sure. But it’s certainly exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem. If there is no PS version the games add value to the Xbox brand no way around that. 

I mean, if you have someone who’s only interested in consoles, then all Xbox 1st party are essentially exclusives that add value to their brand over the other. If you are a PC gamer you were never going to buy a Xbox anyway but they may be lured to Xbox on PC if the games are right. That’s a extra customer that last gen wouldn’t have given Xbox any time of day. Then you have PS/PC people. Same principle where they can be lured to Xbox while traditionally they have had 0 reason to give their time and money. 

So I’d argue they are still very much exclusives as they serve their purpose to elevate their brand and even steal away consumers that use the competition. 

It's off the table for me because I'm not only interested in home consoles. I have:

PS4, PC, Switch, New3DSXL PSVita, PSVR, and modern high-end smartphone.

And this year I'm planing to buy a Valve Index and a PS5.

I haven't any plans to get an Xbox system of any kind because without it, I will still have access to pretty much every modern game. 

Hey I get it, but like I said you can still be in the ecosystem through PC via Win 10/Steam. That’s why I say I go by the “exclusive to the brand”, you don’t need the console to be “in” anymore.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Simple; show me Hellblade 2 gameplay and convince me it's going to be as amazing as the first one.

I'm afraid nothing can beat Bugsnax. Xbox should just cancel the event.

Pyro as Bill said:
V-r0cK said:
1. MS just shouldn't wait for Sony to reveal their price, MS should just take a guess on the PS5's cost and just show a price so low that they'd think Sony can't even come close to match it (like when Xbox360 was $399 and PS4 was $599 was a huge difference)

MS should just announce the PS5 price alongside the XSX price. Put an asterisk next to the PS5 price with 'rumoured' in smallprint.

XSX = $499

PS5 = $599*

That'll force Sony to do something.

Loll that's not a bad idea and be funny xD 

Tho im sure there's some underline where companies cant do stuff like that to other companies unless its based on actual facts.

In terms of entertainment, more thorough gameplay breakdowns- Only Ratchet had what felt like a playthrough

Bigger technical leap- A lot of games looked great but not a generation leap (GT7, Spiderman, Sackboy, Destruction All Stars, Astro etc). Last gen their were graphical flagship titles Killzone & Rise. 

Surprise- Enjoyed Sony's show but the only thing that was a pleasant surprise for me was Kena.

Around the Network

It would be great if Microsoft sold the XSX for 399€ (they could easily afford it).

sales2099 said:
Runa216 said:
Honestly? Nothing. At this point in history, after the last decade or so of false promises and failed starts and lack of anything of value from their camp, Literally nothing they could do could make Microsoft win this battle of presentations. why? Because even if they put out the best-looking, most outstanding, amazing presentation with everything I ever wanted...nothing in the last 10 years will make me believe they have any idea how to follow through with it. The last ten years has shown to me that they're all talk, no action. that even if they show something cool, they're just gonna cancel it or make it lame and boring somehow. that even if everything looks and sounds good, they'll mess it up.

Microsoft has lost me. they had nearly 20 years to get me, and the only time they did even okay was the first half of the 7th generation - and even then it was mostly just becuase sony fucked up so colossally bad that they looked good in comparison. And even beyond that, they STILL had the Red Ring of Death.

Nothing in the past 10 - no, 20 - years has given me any faith in Microsoft. Even when they had a commanding lead and their competition falters, they still end up in last place and still can't maintain any level of momentum for more than 3-5 years.

If I get an Xbox Series X, it will be used or in the bargain bin.

Ah that’s a shame. You’d think all the acquisitions in the last few years would show their commitment. Not like they came cheap. But I get it, you won’t take the leap until you see the metacritic score. You’ll see, this year alone their lineup is pretty stacked and starting to show. 

I've already explained to you that acquiring studios for Microsoft doesn't mean squat. they 'acquired' rare and destroyed that company in the subsequent years and no other developer of theirs has really come out the gate kicking with anything good or new or interesting. When it all boils down to it, Xbox is STILL just Halo, Gears, and Forza while Sony released how many new IPs last generation? Hell, even Nintendo has added to their roster with Splatoon and ARMs 

and what lineup are you talking about aside from Halo Infinite? This year Sony has FFVII remake, Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Part II, and how many from that presentation? and keep in mind, those first three games are all on PS4, showing that, even late-generation, they still support their consoles. Xbox doesn't have that. when was the last Xbox Exclusive that knocked your socks off? Forza Horizon 4 last year? when was the last Ps4 exclusive? Just this week with The Last of Us Part 2.

Honestly, I want to like Microsoft. I think competition is important in this industry. However, after owning an original Xbox (Barely used it outside of Halo LAN parties and Morrowind), an Xbox 360 (first one Red-Ringed, the other I mainly used for Call of Duty, Halo, and Gears online), and an Xbox One (I literally spent more time updating the firmware on that console than playing games on it and I got it in 2014), They lost me. Outright lost me. They're not a good company. They mandated better online services and indie titles, but now Sony and even Nintendo do that just as well and in some cases even better; they have nothing left to offer me and I'm genuinely shocked anyone else feels otherwise. you know, unless you're SUPER into Halo, Gears, and Forza. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Is there a date for a proper XSX reveal?

Runa216 said:
sales2099 said:

Ah that’s a shame. You’d think all the acquisitions in the last few years would show their commitment. Not like they came cheap. But I get it, you won’t take the leap until you see the metacritic score. You’ll see, this year alone their lineup is pretty stacked and starting to show. 

I've already explained to you that acquiring studios for Microsoft doesn't mean squat. they 'acquired' rare and destroyed that company in the subsequent years and no other developer of theirs has really come out the gate kicking with anything good or new or interesting. When it all boils down to it, Xbox is STILL just Halo, Gears, and Forza while Sony released how many new IPs last generation? Hell, even Nintendo has added to their roster with Splatoon and ARMs 

and what lineup are you talking about aside from Halo Infinite? This year Sony has FFVII remake, Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Part II, and how many from that presentation? and keep in mind, those first three games are all on PS4, showing that, even late-generation, they still support their consoles. Xbox doesn't have that. when was the last Xbox Exclusive that knocked your socks off? Forza Horizon 4 last year? when was the last Ps4 exclusive? Just this week with The Last of Us Part 2.

Honestly, I want to like Microsoft. I think competition is important in this industry. However, after owning an original Xbox (Barely used it outside of Halo LAN parties and Morrowind), an Xbox 360 (first one Red-Ringed, the other I mainly used for Call of Duty, Halo, and Gears online), and an Xbox One (I literally spent more time updating the firmware on that console than playing games on it and I got it in 2014), They lost me. Outright lost me. They're not a good company. They mandated better online services and indie titles, but now Sony and even Nintendo do that just as well and in some cases even better; they have nothing left to offer me and I'm genuinely shocked anyone else feels otherwise. you know, unless you're SUPER into Halo, Gears, and Forza. 

Sweetheart, Sea of Thieves might not be your cup of tea, but that is a superb game for people who enjoy playing co-op multiplayer. I mean, there are people who have been playing that game LITERALLY for years. Bloodborne and God of War may have all the accolades in the world, but how many people do you know that actually have kept playing them CONSTANTLY for years?

This might come as a shock to you but not everybody prefers 3rd-person action-adventure games, you know?

Runa216 said:
sales2099 said:

Well first I’d say to not let your jaded past on the subject cloud the future. Sea of Thieves is a gem now. A real comeback story with arguably as passionate a community as their N64 days. Then you have Wasteland 3, and a quick google search will show you that MSs involvement has only made the game better. Mojang with Minecraft has sold 150 million since its acquisition with tons of support and updates. 
I wouldn’t say it’s all gloomy and it’s kinda silly to disregard spending untold hundreds of millions to acquire half a dozen studios.

So far this year Xbox has Ori 2, Gears Tactics, Bleeding Edge, and Minecraft Dungeons. Later we got Tell Me Why, Wasteland 3, Psychonauts 2, Battletoads, Flight Simulator, Halo Infinite. Forza 8 not official yet but likely this year. I know what you are going to say, that these are multiplats and smaller titles with Halo and Forza. You aren’t wrong, but this is the start of their efforts taking shape. This lineup is certainly better then Xbox’s last few years and will go out on a high note with Halo to cap it off. 

At the very least you gotta admit this is more games then usual and more genre diversity so there’s something for everyone. In Xbox’s defense, Sony is playing their best cards with PS4 in the summer, it’s ultimately Xbox One that’s getting support late year and beyond. And i can’t say I agree with disregarding the July show with the pedigree of certain studios under MSs umbrella that have been largely silent for a few years now. Just try to watch the July show with a open mind.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.