By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your mind, what will the Xbox SX conference have to do to beat the PS5 conference?

Tagged games:

Answer the damned question!

Fantastic games 65 51.18%

100% backwards compatible with every Xbox 3 2.36%

VR Support 3 2.36%

Shockingly low price 21 16.54%

There's NOTHING they can do 31 24.41%

Other (please explain) 4 3.15%

Total:127
KratosLives said:
Remember when jay allard , xbox founder came on stage with gta4 tattoo, and got the game exclusive to xbox 360. Anyone think this will happen again with spencer and gta6?

I vaguely remember that. It had to mean (timed) exclusive dlc or that the game was coming to Xbox because the actual game was available on PS3 on day one. The DLC came one year later.

But yeah, getting a huge "PlayStation  franchise" to cross over would be awesome ...but what game could that be?

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
KratosLives said:
Remember when jay allard , xbox founder came on stage with gta4 tattoo, and got the game exclusive to xbox 360. Anyone think this will happen again with spencer and gta6?

I vaguely remember that. It had to mean (timed) exclusive dlc or that the game was coming to Xbox because the actual game was available on PS3 on day one. The DLC came one year later.

But yeah, getting a huge "PlayStation  franchise" to cross over would be awesome ...but what game could that be?

It's hard to imagine any that are realistic, but the two that come to mind are Tekken, or if by some miracle they could get the licence and Kojima, a new Metal Gear Solid.

Tekken would just be a moneyhat, likely unpopular. Metal Gear Solid is kinda interesting, but also plain ridiculous.

Just thinking about it now, who owns the licence for Crash Bandicoot?

There's absolutely nothing they can do. Every Xbox game will come to PC, without a pay-to-play online scam attached to it. I'm not going to get an Xbox when my PC already does everything the xbox does. I've never been a fan of Xbox. The only thing I've ever been interested in was Killer Instinct, and Battle toads, which didn't originally belong to microsoft anyway.

I'm not even in a rush to get PS5 either. I'll still get multi-plats on PC, and I've been drained on the cenematic story games since the PS3. I couldn't bother to complete Uncharted (any of them) on PS4, or TLOU either. Been there and did that on PS3, Then so many companies wanted to re-released their old gen games on PS4. It just cheapened the entire console experience for me. Ultra Street Fighter IV, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Grand Theft Auto 5, Beyond: Two Souls, and so many others. Why are they PS3 & PS4 games, and how did they end up in my collection? I don't remember.

But, my point is, these consoles are really pushing all the wrong buttons with me. Re-releases, and multiplats that don't run very good at all. They didn't feel new, and I'm sure it'll be the same with xbox.

Xbox would need at least 7 good exclusives (not on PC, or PS5) to even be viable for me.

Honestly? Nothing. At this point in history, after the last decade or so of false promises and failed starts and lack of anything of value from their camp, Literally nothing they could do could make Microsoft win this battle of presentations. why? Because even if they put out the best-looking, most outstanding, amazing presentation with everything I ever wanted...nothing in the last 10 years will make me believe they have any idea how to follow through with it. The last ten years has shown to me that they're all talk, no action. that even if they show something cool, they're just gonna cancel it or make it lame and boring somehow. that even if everything looks and sounds good, they'll mess it up.

Microsoft has lost me. they had nearly 20 years to get me, and the only time they did even okay was the first half of the 7th generation - and even then it was mostly just becuase sony fucked up so colossally bad that they looked good in comparison. And even beyond that, they STILL had the Red Ring of Death.

Nothing in the past 10 - no, 20 - years has given me any faith in Microsoft. Even when they had a commanding lead and their competition falters, they still end up in last place and still can't maintain any level of momentum for more than 3-5 years.

If I get an Xbox Series X, it will be used or in the bargain bin.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Show alot of first party games and actually show gameplay not trailers. Reveal more companies that they have acquired. Show some big third party games that are timed exclusive.

Around the Network

- 5-10 minutes Halo Infinite gameplay
- trailers and gameplay of Forza 8, Hellblade 2 and Everwild
- new games that break the belief that the only thing Xbox has to offer is Halo, Forza and Gears
- something that will show that the new Xbox is actually the most powerful console in the world.

And that should be enough.

V-r0cK said:
1. MS just shouldn't wait for Sony to reveal their price, MS should just take a guess on the PS5's cost and just show a price so low that they'd think Sony can't even come close to match it (like when Xbox360 was $399 and PS4 was $599 was a huge difference)

MS should just announce the PS5 price alongside the XSX price. Put an asterisk next to the PS5 price with 'rumoured' in smallprint.

XSX = $499

PS5 = $599*

That'll force Sony to do something.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

d21lewis said:
KratosLives said:

Since Sony never announced anything Silent Hill related, a small part of me hopes MS closed the Konami IP deal for that and MSG. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Runa216 said:
Honestly? Nothing. At this point in history, after the last decade or so of false promises and failed starts and lack of anything of value from their camp, Literally nothing they could do could make Microsoft win this battle of presentations. why? Because even if they put out the best-looking, most outstanding, amazing presentation with everything I ever wanted...nothing in the last 10 years will make me believe they have any idea how to follow through with it. The last ten years has shown to me that they're all talk, no action. that even if they show something cool, they're just gonna cancel it or make it lame and boring somehow. that even if everything looks and sounds good, they'll mess it up.

Microsoft has lost me. they had nearly 20 years to get me, and the only time they did even okay was the first half of the 7th generation - and even then it was mostly just becuase sony fucked up so colossally bad that they looked good in comparison. And even beyond that, they STILL had the Red Ring of Death.

Nothing in the past 10 - no, 20 - years has given me any faith in Microsoft. Even when they had a commanding lead and their competition falters, they still end up in last place and still can't maintain any level of momentum for more than 3-5 years.

If I get an Xbox Series X, it will be used or in the bargain bin.

Ah that’s a shame. You’d think all the acquisitions in the last few years would show their commitment. Not like they came cheap. But I get it, you won’t take the leap until you see the metacritic score. You’ll see, this year alone their lineup is pretty stacked and starting to show. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Dgc1808 said:
Undercut Sony on price or show more exclusives... The second one is already off the table, and the first can't actually be done since we don't know the PS5's price either.

How is it off the table? You mean you believe in exclusives in the traditional sense in that it only belongs on one platform? Then sure. But it’s certainly exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem. If there is no PS version the games add value to the Xbox brand no way around that. 

I mean, if you have someone who’s only interested in consoles, then all Xbox 1st party are essentially exclusives that add value to their brand over the other. If you are a PC gamer you were never going to buy a Xbox anyway but they may be lured to Xbox on PC if the games are right. That’s a extra customer that last gen wouldn’t have given Xbox any time of day. Then you have PS/PC people. Same principle where they can be lured to Xbox while traditionally they have had 0 reason to give their time and money. 

So I’d argue they are still very much exclusives as they serve their purpose to elevate their brand and even steal away consumers that use the competition. 

It's off the table for me because I'm not only interested in home consoles. I have:

PS4, PC, Switch, New3DSXL PSVita, PSVR, and modern high-end smartphone.

And this year I'm planing to buy a Valve Index and a PS5.

I haven't any plans to get an Xbox system of any kind because without it, I will still have access to pretty much every modern game. 

4 ≈ One