By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In your mind, what will the Xbox SX conference have to do to beat the PS5 conference?

Tagged games:

Answer the damned question!

Fantastic games 65 51.18%

100% backwards compatible with every Xbox 3 2.36%

VR Support 3 2.36%

Shockingly low price 21 16.54%

There's NOTHING they can do 31 24.41%

Other (please explain) 4 3.15%

Total:127
sales2099 said:
Well now that the dust has settled and we generally know what’s multiplat and what’s timed, I think myself and others are focused on the 1st party.

That’s GT7, R&C, Sackboy, Spiderman expansion, and the big hitter Horizon ZD which does look amazing. Is Returnal and Destruction All Stars also 1st party?

Well Xbox has the advantage of announcing games literally several months ago. We got Everwild, Grounded, Hellblade 2, Project Mara and of course Halo Infinite. So really all Xbox needs to do is show more of these games but also announce new titles. I and many others will more or less be “keeping score” so as long as Xbox has more 1st party games officially announced after their July conference they will be fine PR wise.

That said they can’t hold back. Forza 8 needs to answer to GT7, maybe FH 5. Obsidian, Initiative, and Playgrounds AAA games need to be revealed. Show us more of Hellblade 2, Halo, Project Mara, Everwild. And some smaller titles to round it all out. My moneys on Obsidian, people respect them so much.

Throw in some Series X rereleases like Gears 5, Sea of Thieves. Show that 60fps should be the standard over 30fps (someone who has played Halo at both and can confirm its night and day).

I’m pretty confident MS can deliver. Usually they go first and Sony adapts but this time they can adapt and really hit it out of the park. Sucks waiting thou

Not sure people will be counting the number of exclusives. It's about quality, not quantity.

We are at the dawn of a next console generation and people want to be wowed. Sony did a good job by showing games that are a leap over anything we've seen on current gen, but I don't think smaller scale cross-gen titles like Grounded will get people fired up in the same way.

For the rest I agree. MS shouldn't be holding back and really show us that all those studios they bought are hard at work making next gen games, and not small scale cross gen titles to fill up GP. Me thinks they need at least a Fable and Forza Series X exclusive, announce that Halo Infinite is no longer a cross-gen title, and show how those games will be taking full advantage of the Series X's hardware. After that, they can talk about BC, Smart Delivery, GP, Xcloud and all that stuff but more as a cherry on top, not as the main course.

Last edited by goopy20 - on 15 June 2020

Around the Network

Undercut Sony on price or show more exclusives... The second one is already off the table, and the first can't actually be done since we don't know the PS5's price either.

4 ≈ One

goopy20 said:
sales2099 said:
Well now that the dust has settled and we generally know what’s multiplat and what’s timed, I think myself and others are focused on the 1st party.

That’s GT7, R&C, Sackboy, Spiderman expansion, and the big hitter Horizon ZD which does look amazing. Is Returnal and Destruction All Stars also 1st party?

Well Xbox has the advantage of announcing games literally several months ago. We got Everwild, Grounded, Hellblade 2, Project Mara and of course Halo Infinite. So really all Xbox needs to do is show more of these games but also announce new titles. I and many others will more or less be “keeping score” so as long as Xbox has more 1st party games officially announced after their July conference they will be fine PR wise.

That said they can’t hold back. Forza 8 needs to answer to GT7, maybe FH 5. Obsidian, Initiative, and Playgrounds AAA games need to be revealed. Show us more of Hellblade 2, Halo, Project Mara, Everwild. And some smaller titles to round it all out. My moneys on Obsidian, people respect them so much.

Throw in some Series X rereleases like Gears 5, Sea of Thieves. Show that 60fps should be the standard over 30fps (someone who has played Halo at both and can confirm its night and day).

I’m pretty confident MS can deliver. Usually they go first and Sony adapts but this time they can adapt and really hit it out of the park. Sucks waiting thou

Not sure people will be counting the number of exclusives. It's about quality, not quantity.

We are at the dawn of a next console generation and people want to be wowed. Sony did a good job by showing games that are a leap over anything we've seen on current gen, but I don't think smaller scale cross-gen titles like Grounded will get people fired up in the same way.

For the rest I agree. MS shouldn't be holding back and really show us that all those studios they bought are hard at work making next gen games, and not small scale cross gen titles to fill up GP. Me thinks they need at least a Fable and Forza Series X exclusive, announce that Halo Infinite is no longer a cross-gen title, and show how those games will be taking full advantage of the Series X's hardware. After that, they can talk about BC, Smart Delivery, GP, Xcloud and all that stuff but more as a cherry on top, not as the main course.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
It's simple.
Sony has announced 20 exclusive titles. https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9164448
MS needs to announce more than 21 exclusive titles.

Dgc1808 said:
Undercut Sony on price or show more exclusives... The second one is already off the table, and the first can't actually be done since we don't know the PS5's price either.

How is it off the table? You mean you believe in exclusives in the traditional sense in that it only belongs on one platform? Then sure. But it’s certainly exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem. If there is no PS version the games add value to the Xbox brand no way around that. 

I mean, if you have someone who’s only interested in consoles, then all Xbox 1st party are essentially exclusives that add value to their brand over the other. If you are a PC gamer you were never going to buy a Xbox anyway but they may be lured to Xbox on PC if the games are right. That’s a extra customer that last gen wouldn’t have given Xbox any time of day. Then you have PS/PC people. Same principle where they can be lured to Xbox while traditionally they have had 0 reason to give their time and money. 

So I’d argue they are still very much exclusives as they serve their purpose to elevate their brand and even steal away consumers that use the competition. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Dgc1808 said:

How is it off the table? You mean you believe in exclusives in the traditional sense in that it only belongs on one platform? Then sure. But it’s certainly exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem. If there is no PS version the games add value to the Xbox brand no way around that. 

I mean, if you have someone who’s only interested in consoles, then all Xbox 1st party are essentially exclusives that add value to their brand over the other. If you are a PC gamer you were never going to buy a Xbox anyway but they may be lured to Xbox on PC if the games are right. That’s a extra customer that last gen wouldn’t have given Xbox any time of day. Then you have PS/PC people. Same principle where they can be lured to Xbox while traditionally they have had 0 reason to give their time and money. 

So I’d argue they are still very much exclusives as they serve their purpose to elevate their brand and even steal away consumers that use the competition. 

I'm not sure but I got a feeling a lot of console gamers also have a gaming pc. Maybe not a super high-end one but something that'll play most current gen games at decent settings. With all Xbox exclusives also coming to pc, I for one wouldn't need to buy a Series X. Unless, of course, those games require beastly specs and it would be cheaper to buy a console than to upgrade.

I'm actually a big Halo/ Gears fan and I probably would have bought a Series X if those games were exclusive. We'll see but I got a feeling that won't be necessary as I will likely be able to play them at the highest settings on my GTX1060.

Around the Network

So much to say but I’m just happy people are joining the Xbox ecosystem one way or another :)

Last edited by sales2099 - on 15 June 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

goopy20 said:
sales2099 said:

Hi, let’s have a reasonable discussion :)

First off I think it’s almost certain fans on both sides will be comparing the two conferences, especially their 1st party offerings. Been done since ancient times and that’s not gonna change anytime soon. Secondly, it can’t be about quality because the games aren’t out. We don’t know the metacritic. So at this point it’s about quantity, as in which company has the most games I want to play. 

You can’t really mention Grounded anymore in that tone with Sony showing their own cartoony style smaller games. It’s a two way street. As for the other games some were what you said like Rachet and Horizon 2. The others, now this is just my opinion but based on my own impressions and what Twitter is showing, games like Spiderman and GT don’t strike me as built from the ground up on PS5. Spiderman was confirmed to be a expansion to the 2018 game right? So it’s built off the base game and likely limited to PS5 to drive demand (because after all its spiderman). GT7, and I’ll tread lightly here, there’s been screens and gifs that show slight pop in and less then optimal textures. 

https://twitter.com/akahmiii/status/1271948365924667392?s=21

https://twitter.com/ashtreygaming/status/1271762309111779328?s=21

https://twitter.com/akahmiii/status/1271663996152627202?s=21

To show I’m not being baseless and trolling. You are entitled to your opinion but I personally am skeptical that all the launch window games are taking full advantage. 

But other then that, I would recommend to stop talking about Forza or Halo being not cross gen. You know it and so do i. It’s not gonna happen. It’s cross gen and that’s how it’s going to be. Whether you choose to take it as it is on console or Pc is your call but please let’s drop the persona in this regard thanks. 

1. MS just shouldn't wait for Sony to reveal their price, MS should just take a guess on the PS5's cost and just show a price so low that they'd think Sony can't even come close to match it (like when Xbox360 was $399 and PS4 was $599 was a huge difference)

2. Show amazing exclusive games, and they have to actually be amazing games or else nobody will care. Personally I feel at the end of the day that's what it all comes down to. Not specs, not the look of the console....just the exclusive games. Price is one thing, but if Xbox isn't showing the games people want regardless of it being cheaper, people will just wait for the PS5 to get cheaper.

I dont know what magic MS did to get Dino Crisis 3 exclusive but man if they got exclusive to a new Dino Crisis (that doesn't involve space) or even remake of the first two I'd buy the XBSX in a heartbeat. (ignore the fact that DC3 was horrible lol)

Remember when jay allard , xbox founder came on stage with gta4 tattoo, and got the game exclusive to xbox 360. Anyone think this will happen again with spencer and gta6?

no that would would demand a sum of close to the worth of Zenimax and WB combined

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.