By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you like the PS5 console design?

Do you like the PS5 console design?

Yes 132 55.23%

No 80 33.47%

On the fence 27 11.30%

Total:239

I want a black one. A black one I think will go really well with my set up. It's weird how the Ps4 took inspiration from the PS2 and the Ps5 has taken inspiration from the Ps3.

Around the Network

I haven't decided yet. I think I'll need to see it in person to decide. But it's bold, I give them that.

And it can be put on its side, which didn't seem likely given the design.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Yes! I think this is my favourite console design in a long time. It looks alien and completely different from conventional console design. It might be off putting to many, but I really like it.

The digital version looks pretty good to me, but I'm all about physical games, so...

The controller makes a bit more sense next to the console, but still really not a fan of it.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Both these of these consoles are ugly as shit. And PS5 is huge. 

Really don't want either one of these in my living room, think I might wait for a redesign. 

Around the Network

No, not in the slightest. It just looks really tacky and over-complicated. In an effort to look futuristic, it instead looks really dated. I'm a fan of minimalism so compared to the competition, I'd rather the Series X going by looks.

Yes but I can understand why people don't.

Hmm, pie.

I don't like it, the shape is too inconsistence. If it had a more natural all rounded look than sure but that 4k player.. those fins..
anyway we don't buy a console based on looks.

trunkswd said:

Is it really possible to be that big? Yikes if true.

If someone is good enough they will align the controllers together as the analog sticks should be about the same size to compare them. I think the PS5 will have less depth than the PS4 but taller and longer. Xbox Series X is just a box to store the components. :P

Hmm, pie.

It looks to be a bit more then 2x vs just below 2,5x CD

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.