By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

Around the Network

Going by what I've seen...

97 Metacritic
96 Opencritic

They've completely finetuned and improved everything over the original. Gameplay is smoother, there's more options either in combat or avoiding combat, there's more exploration and traversal and a much needed boost in variety of enemies.

The violence may be too much for some reviewers, but overall, it will either match or surpass the original.

96 I expect an emotional, brutal journey that will take Naughty Dog's storytelling to a next level.

Around the Network

JRPGfan said:

my gut says 94.

You look at how smooth the animations, and reactive the gameplay elements are.
How many aspects there are, with such as dogs A.I snifing out scent trails, The people with Line of sight/sounds effecting their actions, and the smaller stuff like the foot prints in mud, getting clothes dirty, or clothes getting degree's of "wet" depending on if its raining and how hard/ if your jumping in water ect.

Theres no justifial way to give this game a 60 or lower score.
The game is just too well made and polished, from what we ve seen of gameplay.

Never the less, Im betting theres atleast one Pro xbox review site that does just that.

What's unjustifiable is that outlook. Critics have different perspectives and priorities; what might be a 10/10 to one person might be a 5/10 to another. 

Your post has already invalidated any individual who thinks poorly of the game, before reading their analysis and reasoning. Heck, before the game has even launched. Furthermore, you imply that such a "low" score could only come from an outlet with a bias against PlayStation.

This kind of thing creates a toxic environment where it's difficult to talk about games honestly. 

Im expecting high 90s, will go with 97. Everything so far looks outstanding. Story telling/Gameplay/Presentation.

I expect TLOU2 will be called "divisive" by most professional reviewers and 80 to 85% seems almost like it's the official "this game is divisive" aggregate score for a first-party AAA release. I especially believe that will be the case given how early the embargo on reviews is being lifted. I mean it reminds me of how Death Stranding was handled.

I also expect VG Chartz to score it like a 2 and vote it maybe the Biggest Disappointment of 2020.

I also also expect to quite possibly disagree with what the consensus opinion winds up being.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 07 June 2020

I expect metacritic and opencritic on the 95 and user reviews on 90. Reviewers are either less prone to complain of SJW but actually more possible to give some browny points due to it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."