By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [RUMOR] According to Xbox fan Microsoft will rebrand Xbox Series X to " SEGA Series X " in JAPAN, EDIT: Sega announcing " Arcade cloud " Cloud gaming for Arcade store

Tagged games:

What do you think " if " this is tru

Unexpected 15 38.46%

I always do love Sega more than Xbox 11 28.21%

I hate it , i want Xbox name keep as it is 4 10.26%

Some fans don't have loyalty at all 1 2.56%

I love Sega and Xbox equally 7 17.95%

Actually i love Xbox beca... 1 2.56%

Total:39

Why does anyone sell anything? Money.

Around the Network

What the hell is going on, I can't take this.

Well MS would need to do something this drastic to get anywhere in Japan. The XB1 numbers are pathetic there to say the least.

Would mean they also got Atlus, so that would be huge for them. Persona 6 a Series X exclusive.

KLXVER said:
Well MS would need to do something this drastic to get anywhere in Japan. The XB1 numbers are pathetic there to say the least.

Would mean they also got Atlus, so that would be huge for them. Persona 6 a Series X exclusive.

The internet would go insane

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Since the original Xbox they've had close ties to Sega, and they have the money to throw around. Hell, why not. This is one of the few possible ways to make an impact in Japan. And if this means a remaster for Jet Set Radio Future and maybe Jet Set Radio Future 2, I'm all for it.

Around the Network

I don't believe this is true for a second, but it would be super cool if it was, and it would definitely be a good move in light of their non-existent brand presence in Japan.

Highly unlikely. If this is true, there would have to be some Sega exclusives to the Series X in Japan and internationally to add credibility.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Stupid rumour is stupid. The SEGA name is pretty irrelevant in Japan why would MS even do this. Nope.

Why should we believe this guy?

Pemalite said:
vonny said:

Microsoft would have to pay north of 5 billion, it's not happening. The above rumor is even more ludicrous.

Microsoft has a Market Cap of 1.4~ Trillion.

They are 280x larger than that 5~ billion dollar number.

To put that in perspective, Microsoft's market cap is greater than Australia, Mexico, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia or Turkey's GDP.

Just food for thought.

Actually MS market cap is lower than than Australia's GDP but it's only around a 100 billion behind, and Market cap isn't the best indicator of a companies capacity to spend money it can go up and down a lot faster than gdp. after all MS went from 800 billion down to 250 billion before rebounding to today's numbers but it's purchasing capacity remained steady, still your point still stands, I don't think anyone in their right mind would argue against MS's capacity to pay that amount or even more.the catch is the xbox division is worth a fraction of that market cap and any expenditure would have to be seen from that perspective,so it really comes down to a business case and that's why we don't see companies making purchases just because they can.

My read of this is if it turns out true, is it would consist of a marketing/ branding deal covering Japan with SEGA making all their games be available on the SEGA branded console first along with gamepass day one availability,it may even see some games become exclusive in Japan.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot