By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [RUMOR] According to Xbox fan Microsoft will rebrand Xbox Series X to " SEGA Series X " in JAPAN, EDIT: Sega announcing " Arcade cloud " Cloud gaming for Arcade store

Tagged games:

What do you think " if " this is tru

Unexpected 15 38.46%

I always do love Sega more than Xbox 11 28.21%

I hate it , i want Xbox name keep as it is 4 10.26%

Some fans don't have loyalty at all 1 2.56%

I love Sega and Xbox equally 7 17.95%

Actually i love Xbox beca... 1 2.56%

Total:39
vonny said:
Dulfite said:
Does this mean Xbox is going to buy SEGA? That would be insane!

Microsoft would have to pay north of 5 billion, it's not happening. The above rumor is even more ludicrous.

I highly doubt this rumour is true as well but didn't MS buy Mojang for 2.5 Billion and the only known game they had is Minecraft? If they pay $5 billion for Sega and Altus, it doesn't sound too far fetched to me...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

This is a interesting rumor. I would not actually mean that SEGA is being bought just that would be handling the console marketing/dealings in Japan. Think how tencent handles Switch for Nintendo in China.

This is dumb and desperate. Why not just try to get Nintendo more appeal in the west by naming it Atari? SEGA has not made a console in 20 years. An entire generation grew up without them. Nothing says SEGA console-like Halo as a launch title that is also on Xbox One. So this just sounds stupid.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Dulfite said:
vonny said:

Microsoft would have to pay north of 5 billion, it's not happening. The above rumor is even more ludicrous.

They spent what, 2-5 billion on Mojang for Minecraft. They would absolutely buy SEGA if they were that cheap. And they've been talking about acquiring Japanese studio (s).

Microsoft purchased Mojang for a company wide investment nothing related to their video game department, Sega has no mainstream appeal outside of the video segment so an acquisition of Sega would be for their video game department only and for that price it makes no sense.

vonny said:
Dulfite said:
Does this mean Xbox is going to buy SEGA? That would be insane!

Microsoft has a Market Cap of 1.4~ Trillion.

They are 280x larger than that 5~ billion dollar number.

To put that in perspective, Microsoft's market cap is greater than Australia, Mexico, Netherlands, Saudi Arabia or Turkey's GDP.

Just food for thought.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Megaton if true.

To people talking about MS buying SEGA. It's not happening. SEGA is OWNED by Sammy Corp. SEGA is a Subsidiary. Unless MS wants to get in Pachinko machines.

If anyone were to buy SEGA, it would be interesting to see the price and whether they buy SEGA Sammy as a whole or if SEGA would be sold off by itself.

Also people pointing out that MS bought Mojang for 2.5B, also remember that they simply figured they’d make more annually from owning Mojang than that 2.5B would collect annually in interest. You know a company has just stupid money when they are making moves like that.

That would contaminate or taint the SEGA name real badly in Japan. Those people there have a hard time forgiving the littlest little dumb things people might do, even with mega popular Japanese people as well as brands. Something like this would be considered siding with the enemy. Dumb thing to do if they want to keep their good graces with their Japan fans.

Why would Sammy let a revenue go away? It's not happening regardless. Rumors of MS getting SEGA are 20 years old. Just comes in waves.

shikamaru317 said:
Leynos said:
To people talking about MS buying SEGA. It's not happening. SEGA is OWNED by Sammy Corp. SEGA is a Subsidiary. Unless MS wants to get in Pachinko machines.

They could make a deal to split Sega and Sammy, with Sammy keeping their pachinko business and MS getting Sega and their IP's.