By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Reviews: 89 Metacritic, and 89 Opencritic

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel like people are slipping the word remake or remaster in here to subtly rekindle an argument that has already been done to death. Nobody's done anything wrong yet, but just to be on the safe side, I'll post the same general warning I did in the other thread. Either word will be treated as acceptable here, and arguing over which term to use will be considered derailing. If you feel really strongly about it, make a separate topic to argue about the distinction.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel like people are slipping the word remake or remaster in here to subtly rekindle an argument that has already been done to death. Nobody's done anything wrong yet, but just to be on the safe side, I'll post the same general warning I did in the other thread. Either word will be treated as acceptable here, and arguing over which term to use will be considered derailing. If you feel really strongly about it, make a separate topic to argue about the distinction.

Yeah you're being paranoid. Because it's CLEARLY a rema....

SuperJortendo said:
JWeinCom said:

Yeah you're being paranoid. Because it's CLEARLY a rema....

Runa216 said:
I love classic FF (1-12), will I like this? I've been meaning to get it for ages, but I can never bring myself to do it due to the cost.

Final Fantasy and Zelda are my two favorite series, and I also love FF 1-12 and kinda got soured after that.  (Well, 2 and 8 aren't great either, but you get the idea.) 

liked Xenoblade, but I didn't love it.  It's not the Final Fantasy replacement that many make it out to be.  It's a good game, but it has it's annoying parts and I didn't like how the story ended.  Who knows?  Maybe they've fixed some of the annoying parts in this version of the game.  I personally thought there were too many parts where you just walk from one spot to the next.  But if they speed up the walking, then that might not be a problem in this version.  But comparing the original Xenoblade on Wii to Final Fantasy 1-12, it's just not the same level of quality.  It's still an enjoyable game overall, but don't get your hopes up too much.

So the one troll review is not even a gaming site. A comic book site. WTF are they even doing on meta and reviewing games?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
So the one troll review is not even a gaming site. A comic book site. WTF are they even doing on meta and reviewing games?

There's also IGN f******** up the names beyond belief and treating Melia as the worst character in the game ....

Man, there's clearly some kind of disconnect here hahaha !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
Leynos said:

There's also IGN f******** up the names beyond belief and treating Melia as the worst character in the game ....

Because Melia IS the worst character in the game

Mar1217 said:
Leynos said:

I'm dying here xD

ARamdomGamer said:
Mar1217 said:

Because Melia IS the worst character in the game

WHAT IN THE-

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Oh god, I see why now. They're Fiora worshippers, now I see why they'd say such a thing. Though I'll decide on that Friday once I play !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909