By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Reviews: 89 Metacritic, and 89 Opencritic

Bristow9091 said:
Jumpin said:

Well, if you know what you're doing, Melia is the best character in the game. Unless they nerfed her.

Guessing you never read the thread I made a couple of years back when I played through the game for the first time? Dear lord I DESPISED her lol

Possibly not. But. she's fantastic as a main character, but kind of crappy as an AI controlled character.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Mar1217 said:

If you wanna get technical here, portable mode can still output a better resolution at it's max than the OG version. Even then, you're playing the game on a smaller screen than your TV which render the resolution a less pixelated look than a 480p image on the bigger screen.

And it also drop bellow that occasionally and have some issues on the AA. Plus since you can also play on big screen that should be taken in consideration. Plus Switch being much more capable than Wii but still the not putting good use of the extra juice.

Saying "...a remaster that even got some features being worse than the original like resolution." And then moving to the actual truth of, "2% of the time in portable mode it'll be lower than the original", is quite a big leap.

How many more outright lies are you planning to spread in these threads?

At which point is this considered intentional trolling? (that question is for the mods, not you)

Shaunodon said:
DonFerrari said:

And it also drop bellow that occasionally and have some issues on the AA. Plus since you can also play on big screen that should be taken in consideration. Plus Switch being much more capable than Wii but still the not putting good use of the extra juice.

Saying "...a remaster that even got some features being worse than the original like resolution." And then moving to the actual truth of, "2% of the time in portable mode it'll be lower than the original", is quite a big leap.

At which point is this considered intentional trolling? (that question is for the mods, not you)

Have you measured how long it goes bellow 480p?

How many threads have I posted this?

Seems more like a personal attack than anything.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Shaunodon said:

"We have a word for that, it is called a demaster, Wonderfull 101 received a great one."

I suppose that wasn't you in the resolutiongate thread. Not sure how anyone could compare this to The Wonderful 101 remaster and expect to be taken seriously.

Shaunodon said:
DonFerrari said:

"We have a word for that, it is called a demaster, Wonderfull 101 received a great one."

I suppose that wasn't you in the resolutiongate thread. Not sure how anyone could compare this to The Wonderful 101 remaster and expect to be taken seriously.

You accused me of lying. So I hope you can sustain the 2% of the time you wrote.

And yes if something have areas that it gone worse than the original it can be addressed. Counting this it makes 2 threads. The way you put seemed like several threads and spreading lies. Neither happened.

So again it seems personal attack. And looking your replies to curl on the other thread (a person that first loves xenoblade and second is a fan of nintendo) just seems like you just want to attack anyone that says anything negative about this game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Shaunodon said:

You accused me of lying. So I hope you can sustain the 2% of the time you wrote.

And yes if something have areas that it gone worse than the original it can be addressed. Counting this it makes 2 threads. The way you put seemed like several threads and spreading lies. Neither happened.

So again it seems personal attack. And looking your replies to curl on the other thread (a person that first loves xenoblade and second is a fan of nintendo) just seems like you just want to attack anyone that says anything negative about this game.

I didn't attack Curl for saying negative things but because he keeps regurgitating the same complaint.

2% is based on the first reply in the resolutiongate thread, that mentions it running in 720p 98% of the time docked. I can't find the article he was referencing so you'll have to ask him. Maybe you missed it cause you were in a hurry to post your innacurate slander for this game.

And I'm not sure how I could be talking about several threads, when outside the dedicated fan thread there's only two threads talking about it.

Shaunodon said:
DonFerrari said:

I didn't attack Curl for saying negative things but because he keeps regurgitating the same complaint.

2% is based on the first reply in the resolutiongate thread, that mentions it running in 720p 98% of the time docked. I can't find the article he was referencing so you'll have to ask him. Maybe you missed it cause you were in a hurry to post your innacurate slander for this game.

And I'm not sure how I could be talking about several threads, when outside the dedicated fan thread there's only two threads talking about it.

Does the game run only docked? Nope, so you are already admitting it get under for more than 2%? And I haven't moved any posts, so you were the one lying.

And your accusation of spreading lie hardly would apply to 2 posts while also asking how many times does it need to be considered trolling. Your posts would be more on line of flaming than whatever you think I did.

The game drops under the original release (even docked) so I wasn't telling any lies.

Shaunodon said:
DonFerrari said:

Does the game run only docked? Nope, so you are already admitting it get under for more than 2%? And I haven't moved any posts, so you were the one lying.

And your accusation of spreading lie hardly would apply to 2 posts while also asking how many times does it need to be considered trolling. Your posts would be more on line of flaming than whatever you think I did.

The game drops under the original release (even docked) so I wasn't telling any lies nor was I spreading anything when I posted in 2 threads and didn't even opened a thread to talk about it. Plus the "demaster" comment was the name for when something remastered ended up being worse. And my post there was acknowledging the name for the type of situation. Seems like you got entangled on your own ideas.

Thank you for accepting that you were attacking me and curl though.

DonFerrari said:
Shaunodon said:

The game drops under the original release (even docked) so I wasn't telling any lies.

Just objectively not true. Like my goodness, spend a couple minutes researching.

I can't say that 2% is perfectly accurate, but I know it's a hell of a lot closer to reality than anything you're saying. I only mentioned portable for the sake of it, but I don't even know why portable mode should matter, when you're comparing it to a version that didn't have one and your statement was, "...a remaster that even got some features being worse than the original like resolution."

How far from the truth are you planning to stray this time?

Shaunodon said:
DonFerrari said:

Just objectively not true. Like my goodness, spend a couple minutes researching.

I can't say that 2% is perfectly accurate, but I know it's a hell of a lot closer to reality than anything you're saying. I only mentioned portable for the sake of it, but I don't even know why portable mode should matter, when you're comparing it to a version that didn't have one and your statement was, "...a remaster that even got some features being worse than the original like resolution."

How far from the truth are you planning to stray this time?

Does the game run in portable mode? Is Switch a hybrid and Lite a portable only? Since the answer for both is yes, portable is valid.

And even talking only docked 2% or any amount of time under is still under so you can't claim it is a lie much less saying what you are saying is objective true when you yourself admit it does occur, so you would be objectively lying when denying even though you accuse me of lying, very strange.