By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Reviews: 89 Metacritic, and 89 Opencritic

Even if this would just get a 50 I would still buy it beacuse the wii version was a master piece.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Great score considering the original got a 92. Remasters tend to score lower than the original games, but in this case the difference is minimal. It could even end up at 90.

Really good reviews for this one even if it scored lower than the original. I really like how the menu and UI has been improved over the original. The old menu was a chore when I played this on Wii. It’s a shame the resolution is still pretty poor when undocked though. Overall, the reviews have been well done and accurate for this remaster. An 89 Meta is hardly a reason to whine about bias against Nintendo.

This Remake deserves more than this to be quite honest. But excellent score nonetheless.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

OTBWY said:

Looks like it is up to Xenoblade DE to break the bad string of disappointing remakes/remasters/reboots/re-imaginings.

Super hyped to play this again in all its new shiny glory.

Trials of Mana is great.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel like people are slipping the word remake or remaster in here to subtly rekindle an argument that has already been done to death. Nobody's done anything wrong yet, but just to be on the safe side, I'll post the same general warning I did in the other thread. Either word will be treated as acceptable here, and arguing over which term to use will be considered derailing. If you feel really strongly about it, make a separate topic to argue about the distinction.

JWeinCom said:
Maybe I'm just paranoid but I feel like people are slipping the word remake or remaster in here to subtly rekindle an argument that has already been done to death. Nobody's done anything wrong yet, but just to be on the safe side, I'll post the same general warning I did in the other thread. Either word will be treated as acceptable here, and arguing over which term to use will be considered derailing. If you feel really strongly about it, make a separate topic to argue about the distinction.

Yeah you're being paranoid. Because it's CLEARLY a rema....

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

SuperJortendo said:
JWeinCom said:

Yeah you're being paranoid. Because it's CLEARLY a rema....

Runa216 said:
I love classic FF (1-12), will I like this? I've been meaning to get it for ages, but I can never bring myself to do it due to the cost.

Final Fantasy and Zelda are my two favorite series, and I also love FF 1-12 and kinda got soured after that.  (Well, 2 and 8 aren't great either, but you get the idea.) 

liked Xenoblade, but I didn't love it.  It's not the Final Fantasy replacement that many make it out to be.  It's a good game, but it has it's annoying parts and I didn't like how the story ended.  Who knows?  Maybe they've fixed some of the annoying parts in this version of the game.  I personally thought there were too many parts where you just walk from one spot to the next.  But if they speed up the walking, then that might not be a problem in this version.  But comparing the original Xenoblade on Wii to Final Fantasy 1-12, it's just not the same level of quality.  It's still an enjoyable game overall, but don't get your hopes up too much.

So the one troll review is not even a gaming site. A comic book site. WTF are they even doing on meta and reviewing games?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!