Forums - Movies & TV - Bad films that are fun to watch

Mortal Kombat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z843p5q000c

Around the Network

Street Fighter

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Jumpin said:

Inspired by the "worst films you've ever seen thread"

Frankenhooker actually looks hilarious, would like to watch it someday.

Jumpin said:

Demolition Man a bad movie?

It was just okay when it came out, and a good parody of it's own genre, and it's one of the few movies that have just has gotten better with time.

Demolition Man was poorly received by audiences and critics, and it was a box office bomb, so I think it counts. But IMO, it's a fun as hell film, and I think (Like Paul Verhoeven films) most missed the satirical edge of the film.

Frankenhooker is fantastic! You can't go wrong with it.

Oh, and speaking of the 1990s, I forgot about this one Carpenter anti-classic:

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

I was just thinking about Xennial films in particular (Xennials are roughly people born on the border of Gen X and Millennial - about 1977 to 1985). Showgirls! Yet somehow the film managed to become a massive sleeper hit, making hundreds of millions in rentals and becoming one of MGM's highest selling films of all time on VHS. 

You could also say it was a very cheap film to make. I mean they didn't have to spend any real money on costumes...

Knitemare said:
How come nobody is talking about Sharknado? I really love to watch those movies, but they are shyte.

It's one of the most popular films from The Asylum, if not the most popular - but IMO it went a little too far over the top.

This scene from Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus (also by The Asylum) is probably my borderline before I shake my head and say "For f***'s sake....."

But my favourite Asylum film is one I posted earlier, Two-Headed Shark Attack. Though Three-Headed Shark Attack IMO was a little disappointed, despite featuring Rob Van Dam. But if you like enjoyable bad films, The Asylum is a goldmine, that's their bread and butter.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Frankenhooker actually looks hilarious, would like to watch it someday.

Demolition Man a bad movie?

It was just okay when it came out, and a good parody of it's own genre, and it's one of the few movies that have just has gotten better with time.

Demolition Man was poorly received by audiences and critics, and it was a box office bomb, so I think it counts. But IMO, it's a fun as hell film, and I think (Like Paul Verhoeven films) most missed the satirical edge of the film.

Frankenhooker is fantastic! You can't go wrong with it.

I didn't know Demolition Man was poorly received. It even has a 59% on Rotten Tomatoes, certainly not perfect, but not that bad either.

Other Movies I forgot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SnA2rv4ros

Jeremy Irons is absolutely delicious in this movie. But forget pretty much everything else about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8klbSyczKk

Not so much a bad movie actually, but had an absolute trainwreck of a marketing campaign, marketing the comedy as an action flick. Of course everybody hated it as an action movie, but it's a fine comedy - if pretty nonsensical.

Edit: also forgot this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAnnWoXD2tI

Actually a very deep movie, but the focus on pretty girls in very fanservicey costumes and ludicrous action scenes didn't actually make it any favors.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 30 May 2020

[see above]. I really loved Sucker Punch, especially the musical numbers. Plus the film plays out as if it belonged in a video game.

I even told my boss Sucker Punch was a good film; followed by a funny look back from her.

Jumpin said:

I have a love/hate relationship with this movie. It has some really fun elements and the ending is particularly cool but I just feel like it's a complete letdown when compared to Escape from New York. I adore that movie and it's in my top 10 of all time, it has a great balance of dark humor and serious grittiness.

I feel like that balance was lost on Escape from L.A. and I couldn't really take it seriously for the most part. I understand it probably wasn't "meant" to be taken seriously but even knowing that doesn't really help me. Man, I wish Carpenter got to make a 3rd movie like he wanted...

I found Bunraku to be a good movie.

Last edited by kazuyamishima - on 02 June 2020

The Sword Stained With Royal Blood (1993) is another gloriously cheesy classic of atrocious fun