By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies Discussion - Bad films that are fun to watch

Leynos said:
SMH thinking an Evil Dead film is bad. It has a 97% fresh rating on RT. Evil Dead films are classics dude. Far far far from bad. If you want bad but fun try a Loyd Kaufman film.

It was supposed to be a bad film, but that high critical rating is proof that it failed miserably =P

Although, it can be called the best bad film of all time. Absolutely perfect for this thread.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 28 May 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
JEMC said:

WTF? Neither Lake Placid nor Dante's Peak are bad movies .

Police Academy, on the other hand... it's my guilty pleasure

I used to love those movies as a child, but I'm too scared to want them again. I fear it might ruin my nostalgia of them.

1, 2 and 4 still work.  Mostly.  The rest were not that good even when they came out.

The_Yoda said:

Maybe this doesn't qualify but if it does i consider it to be GOAT

Big Trouble in Little China

Bad movie?  That was, is and always will be an awesome movie.

Last edited by SpokenTruth - on 29 May 2020

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Jumpin said:
Leynos said:
SMH thinking an Evil Dead film is bad. It has a 97% fresh rating on RT. Evil Dead films are classics dude. Far far far from bad. If you want bad but fun try a Loyd Kaufman film.

It was supposed to be a bad film, but that high critical rating is proof that it failed miserably =P

Although, it can be called the best bad film of all time. Absolutely perfect for this thread.

No. It's a horror-comedy. It was not intended to be bad at all.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

SpokenTruth said:
TruckOSaurus said:

I used to love those movies as a child, but I'm too scared to want them again. I fear it might ruin my nostalgia of them.

1, 2 and 4 still work.  Mostly.  The test were not that good even when they came out.

The_Yoda said:

I agree about Big Trouble in Little China. I loved it as a teen and I love it as an adult.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

SpokenTruth said:
TruckOSaurus said:

1, 2 and 4 still work.  Mostly.  The test were not that good even when they came out.

The_Yoda said:

One of my all time favorites too but it got some reviews like this one from the NYTimes

"If you and your teens want to laugh while you cringe at something so bad it's good, you've come to the right place. Cheesy one-liners, lots of fighting, hokey dialogue, high-waisted jeans, more fighting, gloriously awful creature costumes, incomprehensible plot turns, and even more fighting make Big Trouble in Little China a fun popcorn movie for the right fans in the right mood."

by 'may not qualify' i mean for many of us it doesn't qualify as a "bad" movie but for some it certainly does... Ebert didn't seem to like it too much giving it only two stars

Around the Network
The_Yoda said:
SpokenTruth said:

One of my all time favorites too but it got some reviews like this one from the NYTimes

"If you and your teens want to laugh while you cringe at something so bad it's good, you've come to the right place. Cheesy one-liners, lots of fighting, hokey dialogue, high-waisted jeans, more fighting, gloriously awful creature costumes, incomprehensible plot turns, and even more fighting make Big Trouble in Little China a fun popcorn movie for the right fans in the right mood."

by 'may not qualify' i mean for many of us it doesn't qualify as a "bad" movie but for some it certainly does... Ebert didn't seem to like it too much giving it only two stars

I think the difference is that all those are intentional.  When people normally say 'bad moving that's fun to watch', they usually mean a movie that was unintentionally bad,.  It took itself seriously and failed to be serious or was just a clusterfuck of writing/directing/editing/acting, etc....

Everything listed by NYTImes reviewer regarding Big Trouble in Little China was on purpose.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Ragin Cajun Redneck Alligators.

Watched it the other day with some friends. Such a fun film lol

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

So I dont really get whats the difference between this and that other post, my answers has to be the same since I think its in the same line of thought.
The Room, most of Nick Cage's filmography and The Happening absolutely fit into this.
I want to expand a bit on The Happening, because its so quotable, so completely stupid and weird that its just laughable. Its probably the M Night film I've watched the most, and everytime its enjoyable because its so bad its accidentally good. Unlike, say, After Earth.

I'd say F&F also fit into this tbh, specially the later ones that are way over the top. They're so dumb, but so well made and produced they are entertaining.

I dont know if Evil Dead is something I'd consider for this, its certainly tacky buts its very much self-aware by design, so I cant say its "Bad" to be "So bad its good".

Jpcc86 said:
So I dont really get whats the difference between this and that other post, my answers has to be the same since I think its in the same line of thought.
The Room, most of Nick Cage's filmography and The Happening absolutely fit into this.
I want to expand a bit on The Happening, because its so quotable, so completely stupid and weird that its just laughable. Its probably the M Night film I've watched the most, and everytime its enjoyable because its so bad its accidentally good. Unlike, say, After Earth.

I'd say F&F also fit into this tbh, specially the later ones that are way over the top. They're so dumb, but so well made and produced they are entertaining.

I dont know if Evil Dead is something I'd consider for this, its certainly tacky buts its very much self-aware by design, so I cant say its "Bad" to be "So bad its good".

Agreed 100% on The Happening. It's absolutely magical and even a bit of a gem in the so-bad-it's-good genre. What makes it so funny is that M Night was legitimately trying to make a dark, disturbing horror movie with gore but he simply didn't know what the hell he was doing so he ended up making a black comedy of sorts.

It's specially funny when you read how he was promoting the movie before it released and right after. He did a complete 180 and tried to sell it as a B-movie when at first he was saying that he was excited to disturb audiences, lol.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.