By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Bad films that are fun to watch

So I dont really get whats the difference between this and that other post, my answers has to be the same since I think its in the same line of thought.
The Room, most of Nick Cage's filmography and The Happening absolutely fit into this.
I want to expand a bit on The Happening, because its so quotable, so completely stupid and weird that its just laughable. Its probably the M Night film I've watched the most, and everytime its enjoyable because its so bad its accidentally good. Unlike, say, After Earth.

I'd say F&F also fit into this tbh, specially the later ones that are way over the top. They're so dumb, but so well made and produced they are entertaining.

I dont know if Evil Dead is something I'd consider for this, its certainly tacky buts its very much self-aware by design, so I cant say its "Bad" to be "So bad its good".

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
So I dont really get whats the difference between this and that other post, my answers has to be the same since I think its in the same line of thought.
The Room, most of Nick Cage's filmography and The Happening absolutely fit into this.
I want to expand a bit on The Happening, because its so quotable, so completely stupid and weird that its just laughable. Its probably the M Night film I've watched the most, and everytime its enjoyable because its so bad its accidentally good. Unlike, say, After Earth.

I'd say F&F also fit into this tbh, specially the later ones that are way over the top. They're so dumb, but so well made and produced they are entertaining.

I dont know if Evil Dead is something I'd consider for this, its certainly tacky buts its very much self-aware by design, so I cant say its "Bad" to be "So bad its good".

Agreed 100% on The Happening. It's absolutely magical and even a bit of a gem in the so-bad-it's-good genre. What makes it so funny is that M Night was legitimately trying to make a dark, disturbing horror movie with gore but he simply didn't know what the hell he was doing so he ended up making a black comedy of sorts.

It's specially funny when you read how he was promoting the movie before it released and right after. He did a complete 180 and tried to sell it as a B-movie when at first he was saying that he was excited to disturb audiences, lol.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I was just thinking about Xennial films in particular (Xennials are roughly people born on the border of Gen X and Millennial - about 1977 to 1985). Showgirls! This film won 7 Razzies and is considered one of the worst films ever made by everyone......... except the Xennial generation.

The film bombed at the box office, but much of that had to do with the fact that they wouldn't let Xennials in at many locations due to age restriction. Yet somehow the film managed to become a massive sleeper hit, making hundreds of millions in rentals and becoming one of MGM's highest selling films of all time on VHS. So, who the fuck bought it? That's right, it was us, the Xennials.

Paul Verhoeven films (which also include Robocop, Starship Troopers, and Total Recall) were among the most iconic for our generation.

I fucking love this film. Unfortunately, this is like the only scene I can post here without getting a ban due to stuffy rules (I understand, it's puritanism in ad/sponsor companies) =P

For the most part, people who hated this film are largely guilty of watching much worse B-films with skin and sex and not telling anyone about it. Showgirls was prolific, and people didn't want to embarass their oh-so public frowning on sexual selves by admitting to wanting to watch such a film... except Xennials, we were shameless, especially around the time of this film.

While on the topic of sexually charged films that make every other generation cringe:

And then there was this film, largely considered Kevin Smith's flaming turd follow-up to a classic (Clerks) that actually went over quite well with Xennials. I never skip Mallrats, if I'm watching the K. Smith Viewaskewniverse series through, the only one I skip is Dogma - not because I think it's bad (I actually love the film) but it is by far the least re-watchable film of the bunch because of the massive amount of exposition. So Dogma for me is like a once every 3 years max film.

When I think of "so bad it's good" films, the first one that comest to mind is The Beastmaster.  Watch the last half of the clip below for an idea of what I'm talking about. 

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 30 May 2020

Around the Network

Hmm off the top of my head 

The Room certainly
Face Off
New Wickerman movie (Nick Cage's acting is spectacular haha)

maybe parts of Jack and Jill? For how ludicrously stupid it is. But honestly, it's almost so moronic and juvenile that I can't stomach watching the entire thing in one sitting lol.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Haha Anaconda is a gem. I also love The Rock and Independence Day. Wouldn't call them "bad", but they are certainly dumb... and certainly fun.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

StuOhQ said:
Haha Anaconda is a gem. I also love The Rock and Independence Day. Wouldn't call them "bad", but they are certainly dumb... and certainly fun.

Yeah, those ones are tricky because they stink in some fields, but massively excel in others. The irony is that had ID4 been just a little more successful and passed the 1 billion mark, it would have received a counter-popularity backlash that would have dwarfed Titanic’s.

Since they won’t let me have Evil Dead 2 in this category (the film that was easily one of the two greatest inspirations on bad films/B films that are enjoyable from the 1990s to present - the other being Big Trouble), then Anaconda might be my favourite bad film.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 30 May 2020

How come nobody is talking about Sharknado? I really love to watch those movies, but they are shyte.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Jumpin said:

Inspired by the "worst films you've ever seen thread"

Frankenhooker actually looks hilarious, would like to watch it someday.

JEMC said:

Police Academy, on the other hand... it's my guilty pleasure

Police Academy ain't that bad - at least those with Steve Guttenburg in it. 5 through 7 however are just trash.

Jumpin said:

Demolition Man a bad movie?

It was just okay when it came out, and a good parody of it's own genre, and it's one of the few movies that have just has gotten better with time.

As for myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cld40qD7HcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V8sLlqJB2w