By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Rumor] Gran Turismo 7 coming to PS5 this year [UPDATE]: Gran Turismo game trademarked ahead of PlayStation 5 event

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes 6 28.57%

Yes yes yes yes 8 38.10%

Looking forward to it 2 9.52%

I doubt it , i bet it wil... 5 23.81%

Total:21
sales2099 said:
Phoenix20 said:
Gran Turismo 7, Uncharted 5, God of War 5 and Grand Theft Auto 6 are going to be big system sellers for the PS5!

Of course they are, I imagine they will be spaced out more then you think. And didn’t ND say they were done with Uncharted?

Naughty Dog are but the new San Diego studio will no doubt be making the next Uncharted, they've hired a lot of Rockstar and ex ND developers.

Around the Network
twintail said:
Nate4Drake said:
I hope GT7 will be ready by Dec 2021, with some kind of "Open world Mode" available.

This is one way to completely wipe out your target audience, and waste resources while doing so.

Otter said:

Are we confident in this happening? 

sales2099 said:

Of course they are, I imagine they will be spaced out more then you think. And didn’t ND say they were done with Uncharted?

New studio in San Diego (new or just an extension of the current San Diego Studio) is speculated to be continuing the IP.

Hmm, okay. 

Just curious for why they ended Uncharted 4 on the note they did if they didn't want to put the IP on a break. Its of course a seller, but just as they surpassed Uncharted with THLOU (sales wise), they could comfortably start another IP with confidence it would be a smash with the talent and reputation the studio has.

Edit: If the new studio is separate from ND, I guess that makes sense. 

Last edited by Otter - on 22 May 2020

HollyGamer said:
Nate4Drake said:
I hope GT7 will be ready by Dec 2021, with some kind of "Open world Mode" available.

Gran Turismo Horizon LMAO 

Not the Game, just a mode. Kazunori Yamauchi spoke about it in a old interview. He clearly said he was open to such a possibility.  Of course it cannot be like Forza Horizon; don't be silly.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Doubtful, or if it does it will be a very bare bones game like GT Sport at launch. And cross gen.

I’d love to be proven wrong though. PD’s incompetence has ruined GT for me, used to be my favorite franchise in gaming. It would be nice if they went back to some sort of natural game development.

Can u imagine the graphics? Game is already real life, except for the crowds

Around the Network
KratosLives said:

Sometimes it is better than life since you don't have glare or sun ofuscation

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

KratosLives said:

The graphics won't change much, except time of day and weather will be dynamic. GTS was made future proof, all assets are already made for ps5 except all the lighting is baked in. What you can expect is higher detail models of the cars in race, improved lighting, hopefully no more noticeable lod changes nor pop in, better rear view mirror detail, native 4K (currently 1800p checkerboard on ps4 pro) and 120 fps.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismos-future-4k-resolution-is-enough-but-240fps-is-the-target/
“Rather than a spatial resolution that you’re talking about, I’m more interested in the advancements we can make in terms of the time resolution. In terms of frames per second, rather than staying at 60 fps, I’m more interested in raising it to 120 fps or even 240 fps. I think that’s what’s going to be changing the experience from here on forward.”

HollyGamer said:

There is possibility the games is a cross gen games on other forum and also has been worked the same time as GT sport. But i will wait and see. I just want the games take full advantage of PS5 SSD and made exclusives to PS5.

GT Sport won't have any advantage from an SSD apart from loading times. On ps5 it will actually have to load less, no need for pre baked light maps anymore. There are no issues right now streaming data during the race and cars won't be driving any faster next gen :)

It would be annoying having to wait for HDD users to load the track and cars in online races....

GT7 or GT Sport 2 at launch is possible. The last time a track was added to GT Sport was Laguna Seca in December. Instead of 5 or 6 new cars every month, updates are down to a single car per month and some minor tweaks. GT Sport updates are pretty much done thus PD has put all their attention on the next version or getting GT Sport ready to run on PS5. PD is pretty slow, so for now all I'm expecting is a ps5 patch for GT Sport. Probably not even with dynamic lighting or weather yet...

SvennoJ said:

GT Sport won't have any advantage from an SSD apart from loading times. On ps5 it will actually have to load less, no need for pre baked light maps anymore. There are no issues right now streaming data during the race and cars won't be driving any faster next gen :)

It would be annoying having to wait for HDD users to load the track and cars in online races....

I think the LoD changes in GTS are pretty clearly visible on cars and in the environment (especially on the Monza straight into Rettifilo). And the viewing distance/detail level of the rearview mirror image can be improved by a ton aswell. If they can use LoD 0 assets (or even the sculpts themselves) without switching due to SSD streaming performance that will result in obvious gains in fidelity.

Btw I think it's possible they already have higher quality models for the tracks, but can't use them on the PS4.

Last edited by Lafiel - on 24 May 2020

Otter said:
Phoenix20 said:
Gran Turismo 7, Uncharted 5, God of War 5 and Grand Theft Auto 6 are going to be big system sellers for the PS5!

Are we confident in this happening? 

At this point, I would prefer Naughty Dog to make a new franchise.

I love how my home country is always at the centre of soooooooooo many leaks