Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Nintendo handheld

I think the best is...

Gameboy 3 4.55%

Gameboy Advance 13 19.70%

DS 30 45.45%

3DS 20 30.30%

Total:66
Captain_Yuri said:
The switch lite. Try arguing that's not a handheld...

Doubt anyone will argue but as the first post states, its absent from the options due to it not being done yet.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

If your top pick is Switch/Switch Lite, just vote your silver medalist from the poll options. ;)

Switch/SwitchLite. Its library is already better than any other handheld. The fact that "Its not done yet" its an argument in its favor.

Silver Medal and my vote goes to 3ds because its stand out games are amongst my favorites of their respective franchises. 2ds goes third because even tho I preffer the 3ds version of its franchises, its library is bigger and they remastered the SNES Dragon Quest games for it, and I will always love them for it. 

3DS. Simply a better library than the other systems, especially when you factor in backwards compatibility. And Kid Icarus Uprising. And I actually liked the 3D. And street pass.

3DS.
It had so many great 1st-party games that would've been impossible or quite limited on previous Nintendo handhelds. 3DS is probably my most-played game platform of all-time, as I played games on it for well over 1000 hours, 600 alone for Animal Crossing: New Leaf (my most-played game ever). It's a testament to the 1st-party games that I only played two 3rd-party games. I mean I dabbled more into 3rd-party games on the GBA and DS than I did with the 3DS. Maybe I should actually play more of them.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Im not sure I follow y ur not including it. Its not done yet? Couldve sworn I bought it twice now :) But yeah, slightly diff perspective than most probably, but I typically dont like handheld systems. The screens are too small for my eyes and I end up moving the console when im pressing buttons which makes it hard to focus. On top of all that theyre rarely comfortable. I always have to buy a "grip" to use the system w out cramping my hands. Switch is the best for 2 reasons. 1.it has the biggest screen (and its not cut in 2). 2. u can detach the controller or use a pro. Library is the best too but thats not really fair given the change in market and release strategies.

Last edited by CarcharodonKraz - on 14 May 2020

CarcharodonKraz said:

Im not sure I follow y ur not including it. Its not done yet? Couldve sworn I bought it twice now :) But yeah, slightly diff perspective than most probably, but I typically dont like handheld systems. The screens are too small for my eyes and I end up moving the console when im pressing buttons which makes it hard to focus. On top of all that theyre rarely comfortable. I always have to buy a "grip" to use the system w out cramping my hands. Switch is the best for 2 reasons. 1.it has the biggest screen (and its not cut in 2). 2. u can detach the controller or use a pro. Library is the best too but thats not really fair given the change in market and release strategies.

I meant "not done" as in "not finished".

And I'm not into handhelds either personally, I prefer to play on a big screen, and the only one I've owned, 3DS, was uncomfortable to hold.

Captain_Yuri said:
The switch lite. Try arguing that's not a handheld...

I've never thought of that

Claim that Windows PC is all a laptop.

Double post. Shrug.

Well.DS is my favorite handheld ever

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 15 May 2020

3DS is my silver medal, thanks to A Link Between Worlds, 7th Dragon, Bravely Default, and Dragon Quest 7-8.

My gold medal is obviously the Switch, which is pretty much my favorite game system of all time, period, even though I actually play mine docked as a console almost all the time. I do appreciate being able to take the games with me.