By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal 5 Demo vs Series X Reveal

Which event got you more impressed?

Xbox Series X Gameplay Event 25 27.17%

Unreal Engine 5 PS5 Demo 67 72.83%

Total:92
Soundwave said:

Who cares, the XBox SX will run the same demo at likely higher performance.

Many people care,that demo looked great and you do not know what Xbox would do with that same demo as it seemed to make great use of the ''special'' SSD that PS5 has.

Around the Network

I was disappointed by Xbox gameplay event, mostly because I wanted to see more what the games are about.

But still, games are much more interesting that engine tech demo, which didn't even look that special to me. Valhalla presentation alone was more impressive.

Can't wait to see what The Coalition can do with UE5 though.

Sony obviously did a much better job getting people fired up for next gen. Sure, it was just a tech demo but it did look like it could be an actual game specifically designed to take advantage of the ps5's hardware and it was fully playable. Even my grandma can take one look at that demo and tell it's a big leap from anything we're seeing today. It didn't need stickers like "optimized for Series X" or 4k and 120fps. The demo was build from the ground up to push the ps5 to its limits at 30fps and 1440p and that's how we're seeing that kind of leap.

Of course, they can probably get the exact same demo running on Series X if they wanted to. The problem, however, is that MS doesn't seem to be going for pushing next gen visuals, Instead, they are way more focused on multiplatform/ smart delivery graphics that'll scale up and down their family of devices. So the question isn't really if that tech demo would run on Series X, the question is if they could still do it if it also had to run on Xbox One and the average gaming pc?

They'll have this exact tech demo running on a Series X internally. It would be years away, but it would be interesting to see it leak out one day and see if it is a bit better or a lot better on Series X.

Instead I think it'll be 4 years before we see truly hardware bending exclusives from both console makers we can put besides each other and go 'WOW'.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

WHat I'm really curious to know if how microsoft will keep taking care of retrocompatibility? Will we have more patches? I would love to play patched versions of games I havent played or that had very poor performance, like GTA4, the last guardian, be able to play The Witcher and other rpg's at locked 60fps etc.

Around the Network

If we are speaking next gen hype. The MS conference did nithing for me as everything looked currnt gen and was. No gameplay just ingame footage. While this tech demo was not even done by Sony so what's the point in the comparison? But anyways while it was just a tech demo, it sampled the possibility the ps5 could deliver and dis raise my interest. Its also fair to point out this engine is not even done and like the ue4 tech demo, devs pushed it farther than what the demo promised. Acording to the digital foundry breakdown.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

We all know that the next gen machines will be very similar in terms of performance, this is not about that but rather the optics when it comes to marketing the new consoles. Sony has been weirdly quiet about the console itself, whereas MS has been pushing out stuff and tooting their horn. I'm willing to admit that this may have benefited MS somewhat. Sony is having additional trouble with the Last of Us Part 2 situation(although technically the game looks really good) and MS had a good opportunity to strike with their reveal show, but they kind of fumbled there, and now with the PS5 getting to showcase UE5, I feel like the momentum is shifting in Sony's favor again. Plus, we seem to be getting the official PS5 reveal soon, so it's going to be really interesting. Excitement in general is good, no?

chakkra said:
JWeinCom said:

Then I stand corrected.

Medium is the one that is going to be exclusive to Series X, and Scorn is going to be exclusive to Xbox famiy and PC.

Where did it say exclusive? Also Scorn has been in development hell for 6 years. The guy running that show is a prick and had a failed KS for this game. It keeps starting over. Welcom to the new Deep Down. 90s Arcade Racer and what not.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Xbox event had next gen exclusive stuff. Just seems weird to downplay in engine and gameplay footage from real actual games while propping up gameplay from a literal tech demo. 

The rest of my comment was directed at the OP and his make believe narrative that Sony is losing the PR battle with PS5 or that it even matters.

It's not next-gen exclusive stuff when just about everything is shown is coming to PS4 and Xbox One as well. Some of the stuff they showed is out on PC. Bright Memory is on PC now and janky as hell...and it's coming to PS4/XBO. I pre-ordered Scarlet Nexus on PS4. Scorn has been in dev hell for about 6 years or so. Everything else just about coming to current-gen systems. All Xbox did was convince me I can keep my PS4 and have no reason to jump to XSX with that lineup.

Never said or implied it was only next gen stuff. But there was next gen only stuff there. And idc if what they showed is coming to PS5 or PC as well. Where are you reading Bright Memory Infinite is coming to PS4? All I saw that on were Playstation fan sites. Four consoles and PC cross gen is a lot of work for one guy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bright_Memory

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!